Fuel resets after parking

I’ve noticed that aircraft fuel is resetting to 50% after landing and stopped on the ground with the engines shut down, but without having ended the flight.

This is all aircraft types.

I usually have OnAir running and it means that the fuel values don’t tally up before I start my next job. It’s no big effort to reset the fuel in weight & balance but I’m curious as to the cause.

It’s recent behaviour. It might be OnAir doing it although I have the autofuel option unchecked meaning it should never set fuel values and never did this before

The only recent change was that I started to use the Flow app.

Anyone else experiencing this?

EDIT: it’s definitely not OnAir - the fuel values change back to the level you set at the start of the flight (not 50%) as soon as you alter any of the payload stations. Looking like a MSFS bug.

Is this Wishlist item the same as your issue?

Be sure you do not have unlimited
fuel turned on

Quite sure on that one!

No not the same. That is asking for state-saving between flights. What I’m seeing is the sim resetting the fuel DURING the session. I’ll spell it out in steps:

1. Set Weight and Balance preflight, with (for example 1000lbs of fuel)
  2. Complete flight, land and park, having burned, for example, 400lbs of fuel. The weight and balance menu will show 600lbs on-board
  3. Without having ended my session/flight, start to prep the aircraft for the next leg/hop.
  4. Open the W&B - it will still be showing the correct fuel value, but as soon as I alter any of the payload stations, the fuel will reset to the value entered in step 1. So in this example it would go from 600lbs back to 1000lbs.

As I said in the original post, this is new-ish behavior (last two months, post SU11). As I do lots of short flights with varied payloads I noticed pretty quickly that I was getting fuel discrepancies with what OnAir was expecting: it records how much you had in at the end of each OnAir flight and unless you pay to add fuel it will expect the same value. Because you can preform multiple OnAir flights as part of a single MSFS session, you notice the fact that things suddenly don’t match, when they always used to .

1 Like

This bug report was entered and seems quite like the issue you are having, as it occurs when you open the manager and edit anything.
It is slightly different though, only as these folks all talk about the start of a flight, whereas yours is in between flights.

Yes, sounds similar in that it those users were reporting it was happening when the w&b screen was re-opened.

What is odd though is that was way back in December 21 and I definitely didn’t experience the issue until recently. Ah the mysteries of MSFS!

1 Like

Well the good part is, there is a work order associated with that Bug Report as it is marked “Bug Logged”, so at least at some point, it will be looked into.

Did you add your vote to the topic?

Vote number 17…!

1 Like