Functional windshield wipers

I noticed windshield wipers do not actually wipe away rain yet, I hope this is just a temporary thing.

4 Likes

I have this mistake too ,I hope Microsoft can repair this mistake in next update

2 Likes

Any fix for that?

1 Like

Yes. The wipers are bugged. Hopefully they will have this fixed shortly.

2 Likes

Hi there. Seems like wipers donā€™t wipe the rain on the windshield.
You guys think itā€™s a bug, or not implemented?

Both :upside_down_face:

file a bug

Hi,
I donā€™t know if this is a bug or not but is anybody else experiencing an issue where in the 787-10 the windscreen is full of rain, your wipers are on and the wipers donā€™t get rid of the rain?

I experienced this in A 787-10 at YSSY (Sydney Airport)

Its a bug. Its the same on all aircraft with wipers. And it have been reported long time ago.

3 Likes

It doesnā€™t feel like itā€™s a bug. I mean, I donā€™t think they even designed the wipers to actually get rid of the water from the windshield. Just a visual of the wipers wiping and thatā€™s it.

2 Likes

True, but why should rain come on the windscreen and annoy us in that case?

2 Likes

Iā€™m guessing for marketing purposes to showcase the graphical fidelity of the simā€¦ You can tell that in the trailers theyā€™re showing the rain effect it has on the windscreen. But they deliberately donā€™t put the wipers on. (Itā€™s the cutscene from the now extinct press any key) which you could still find on YouTube.

Iā€˜m pretty sure itā€˜s just not implemented (yet) and not a bug, otherwise we would have seen it or heard of it somewhere. Would be a nice feature though.

Its more likely that the wipers shedding water away from the windscreen has not been modelled, is all.

1 Like

Thereā€™s nothing to fix if it wasnā€™t intended to actually wipe the water in the first place.

1 Like

This is so essential!!!
How do we make asobo fix it?
I feel like an idiot with the rain on the window and not wiping it.

3 Likes

You canā€™t ā€œMakeā€ anyone do anything. The only thing you can do is report to Zendesk so it goes straight to the developer. But I donā€™t see something like this to be considered ā€œessentialā€ for them as there are other problems thatā€™s more critical to fix. (autopilot, navigation, flight dynamics, lighting, etc)

Best case scenario, is it would go to a backlog for future updates. When will that come? that depends. So thereā€™s no point in getting upset around something that doesnā€™t exist yet, as it wonā€™t magically make anything go faster. Make the report, let them do their thing.

I think the title is self explanatory, during rain or snow conditions it could be very immersive if the wipers could actually remove raindrops from the windshield.
Also rain effects in general can be improved, because currently they generally tend to rise up and disappear instead of flowing downwards over the windshield. During heavy rain as well visibility in the cockpit should be very compromised without wipers, which doesnā€™t seem to happen now. I hope you can fix these issues

Iā€™d like that too. These are not uncommon effects in games these days. Assetto corsa competizione has really good rain effects.

But personally i think they should change the complete rain system. I still think itā€™s weird why we only have rain when weā€™re flying inside the cloud. And thereā€™s no rain below the clouds. So itā€™s either rain with zero visibilty or no rain at all.

Asobo has a strange way of looking at things like this.

3 Likes

If you look at what has been done with trueglass in p3d for example, that is definetly better than the effects we have now