G1000 NXi now in the marketplace

I’ve had it refuse to follow my GPS once NAV was selected. I had to fly my trip using HDG mode and do a landing in near IMC conditions because it wouldn’t pick up the RNAV due to NAV not working.

Also, when windows are popped out (which I need for my cockpit), the text and graphics in the instrument section of the MFD are nearly illegible. I had to reduce their size so I could somewhat see what was going on. And the both Garmin windows become active when popped out even when the plane is not powered on.

One of the missing features which I really want is the ability to switch my radios to 25 kHz mode for flying in North America. The default 8.33 works, but it’s a lot of dial turning to tune in a frequency. Not a world ending omission, but it’s something I really like. Even the stock G1000 does that.

I also really miss seeing traffic on my MFD. I hope that one comes soon.

But it is what it is. I’m sure it’ll get sorted soon enough. That’s what “early access” is all about.

I’m using it, but finding myself not flying G1000 planes quite as much now. I’m sure that will change shortly though.

NAV mode will activate by switching to it from HDG mode. A workaround which, one hopes, will be obviated by further development.

Normally that works. But I’ve had 1 flight earlier today where it wouldn’t catch no matter what I did.

But again, it’s early access. Problems are to be expected.

Where is DME? Missing?

I see there was an update in the Marketplace. Anywhere I can find the Changelog?

This is due to an issue the previous version of the NXi had with how it handled turns in NAV mode. The new version that was just released today works properly with the DA40-NGX mod.

Change log is on WT’s website

https://www.workingtitle.aero/packages/nxi/2021/08/03/nxi-release-v0.2.0.html

1 Like

I’ve had 2 instances now where it refused to lock into NAV mode no matter now many times I pressed, it, switched to HDG mode and back, etc, cycled the AP on and off, etc. No joy. Once was in the Bonanza (with Turbo mod) and the other time in the stock C172 G1000.

Outside of those 2 though, it seemed to work.

In any case, I look forward to seeing what this next version is like.

It is not showing up for me on the Marketplace. It had been removed and still doesn’t show up for me, how come it shows for you?

Edit: Never mind, after I reinstalled it in the Content Manager is started showing up again on the Marketplace.

Can confirm, have the same problem with the C172 G1k. No mods, no add-ons used.

With the new NXi version installed the GTN 750 doesn’t show up in the panel as before if we have it installed also. Looks like the NXi takes priority over the GTN and I get the NXi on the C172 G1000 instead of the GTN. Please fix this.

That might be more of a conversion with the GTN maker rather than Working Title?

1 Like

It worked with the first NXi version and now doesn’t work with new version, so I guess it’s Working Title that needs to fix it.

You can raise it with them in our new Master Pinned Post, but if you’re looking for a faster answer, try their Discourse server and the NXI Early Access Channel.

Ok, thanks. I already posted there.

I would go to the Master thread I linked to above. This thread we’re in now is effectively outdated, and Working Title team by tradition updates the title and the first post to reflect Current Version, Release Date and Change Summary.

1 Like

It happened for me as well in the DA40NG (modded). I hope that the DEVS are aware as it isn’t mentioned on the known issues list.

EDIT: already tried this:

You have to fly an intercept heading to enable NAV mode to work, you can’t just activate NAV to intercept

1 Like

Note that the DA62X and DA40NGX mods specifically do not support the G1000 NXi at this time.

For this thread, please continue in the master G1000 NXi.