GAIST Global AI Ship Traffic V5 and Great Lakes

is ultra even out yet where we can increase ship quantity?

Iā€™m running Ultra GAIST, and if you crank the settings up, youā€™ll get more traffic but most will be duplicates. At 6. I get plenty everywhere Iā€™ve flown, and Iā€™ve been doing CONUS, EU, PacRIIM.

If you are referring to the SHIPS AND FERRIES setting that is only for MSFS injected vessels, it does not alter what GAIST injects. It is recommended to keep it low, no more than 6 to 10, so that the MSFS traffic does not get in the way of the GAIST traffic too much.

So i can set ship and ferry to 0 and that would not change the GAIST Traffic

It must be between 6 and 10. Above 10 does not make any difference for GAIST. Below 5 you will not have any ships with GAIST.

Ah yes I forgot that it canā€™t be set lower because it does actually stop AI ships. I have always had it set at 6 since GAIST.

1 Like

can someone link the download location? version i have I see no settings to change.

There arenā€™t any setting in GIAST. We are referring to the traffic settings within the sim.

Unfortunately I have had to focus elsewhere in the last week, but the rest of the team is progressing. Knud started preparing some of our oil rigs with landable platforms and Kevair, which you might know from his add-on with ferry traffic between Germany, Denmark, and Sweden has joined our team together with his models converted from the sketchup warehouse. This means we now also will include those in real time as the small sequence below shows: first the Scandlines Copenhagen enters the harbor of Rostock while the small Breitling is crossing in frontā€¦

The strange tower on the ferry is actually a rotating sail greatly reduce fuel consumption.

The Stena ferry which just entered the harbor starts the manuever to go backwards to quayā€¦

The Scandlines ferry arrives and starts to turn around while the Stena ferry is now going backwards in the backgroundā€¦

For those not familiar with how the AI traffic used to work in FSX, P3D and MSFS this might seem normal, but given the limitations it is a small miracle performed by Kai. We have to say it is not perfect yet - still we depend on the quality of the data emitted from the ships, but we are getting there and Kai managed to fill out some of the gaps so the harbor manuevers while not perfect look much better than anything before in the sim.

25 Likes

Nice to see the ferries in Rostock in the correct positions. The harbor really comes to life. The live traffic is already a real milestone.

1 Like

Ian from flyawaysimulation.com posted this beautiful video with Global AI Ship Traffic on youtube:

Just to make it clear - this is still the bgl based version, which can also be downloaded from flyawaysimulation.com

8 Likes

I have a question about the Global AI Ship Traffic on the flyawaysimulation site. Is this the same version that is on flightsim.to? There does not appear to be anything saying when it was last updated on flyawaysimulation.com and it has been a while since it was updated on flightsim.to so I do not know if one site has a newer version than the other. I have the add on from flightsim.to and I was wondering if I should download it from flyawaysimulation.com and replace it to get a newer version. I was also wondering if the Cape May-Lewes car ferry between New Jersey and Delaware has been added to the AI traffic. Please let me know if my version from flightsim.to is current or if I need to get it from flyawaysimulation.com, thank you.

1 Like

Found the Sagres pulling into Ketchikan last night. I love the surprises this addon keeps offering!

6 Likes

and the details of the models

1 Like

I saw that and wondered too so I checked. My copy is from flightsim.to but it appears to be identical to that from flyaway simulations.
Itā€™s not uncommon for the same addon to be available from different sources, itā€™s all freeware.
Big thanks to all the developers for this excellent addon; itā€™s installed whenever Iā€™m over/near large stretches of water. Canā€™t wait for the ā€œliveā€ version.

1 Like

yes, they should be identical.

Beautiful screenshot and nice that the surprises are noticed; the routes in the bgl version are created exactly with the objective and in the new bgl based version you will have more of them as we have many more different ships.

4 Likes

Knud has been busy preparing oil rigs and drill ships with landable surfaces. We would still like to have real free sailing ships with landable surfaces, but that will be another time. For now we will just add a few thousand oil rigs etc based on their position data.

15 Likes

Randomly I flew the Cabri last night and found a load of oil rigs near Fearn (Scotland) and rather disappointed that they didnā€™t have colliders so after taking my time to approach nicely, went right through the pad!

Not sure what mod they came from. Looked like some kind of oil rig graveyard affair.

They could be default. I donā€™t know all the placements of the default but at least in the Mexican Gulf there are a lot. But only one default model is included.