Game crashing randomly

■■■■, there goes my theory. I have been trying to figure this one out for a while. I have done everything suggested, even the suggestions that are clearly stabs in the dark by armature sleuths. Nothing has fixed it permanently. Wish we had a way of seeing why MSFS felt the need to crash, x-plane kept a great log that helped in these situations.

Have you tried setting the virtual cache manually? It worked for me:

Finally…Solved CTD issues… for those of us with < 32 GB ram - Self-Service / PC & Hardware - Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums

1 Like

What does your windows event log say?
Does it contain the numbers 5fda32ba anywhere?
If so, you are probably affected by the recent simconnect issue.

defo try turning off live traffic/multiplayer/ai traffic

That reduces the amount going through simconnect.
With this bug, the more you put through simconnect, the more unstable it becomes.

The random CTD appears better for me, but I still have a lot of lock up’s/CTD when messing with the G3000 screens. Usually when doing more “advanced” stuff with the flight plan. Just geeks out and freezes… (no mods or add ons)

1 Like

I seem to have CTDs when using slew mode, and other times. I think there seems to be a lot of reasons. Anybody know what a " driver timeout " is? AMD.

Probably, you mean through the registry editor, give the graphics drivers more time to recover from an error. I have it done in 12 seconds and I have the CTD anyway. If you use applications that communicate through FSUIP, there is a latest version that is specific to FS2020, which I think provides greater stability. Advisable.

FSUIPC7 doesn’t make the sim any more stable, it does the reverse right now, as does everything that uses simconnect.
There is a command line you can add to it’s .ini file to make it more stable, untill MS corrects the simconnect bug which is causing these CTD’s. (supposedly with this next Update)
However, after saying that, FSUIPC7 is a great tool, and well worth the price.
The sim is night and day difference when it is used.
A bit complex for an initial user, but it works wonders.

Also: MSFS doesn’t create any registry entries, only x-box, and I believe the MSStore do.

Have they commented anything about this yet? Because I didn’t find any reference on the last Q&A about those CTD’s, and flying on an empty world is kind of strange.

Yes they have.
They have been aware of the issue for several weeks, (month?)
There isn’t a lot of feedback from them on this, and there are so many posts from users with issues, so it’s hard to find them again!
You do have to read a lot of threads in here to find the odd bit.
Understandably they probably don’t want to announce that there is a problem with simconnect.

I actually got most of my info from Pete & John Dawson’s FSUIPC7 forum site.
They have been in touch with Asobo.

This is a link to an early post when the issue first came to light…

1 Like

I had Today again an CTD. I had disabeled the Live Traffic and Multiplayer Traffic. I had since the disableiation few days not a CTD’s(4 days). But here the EVENT LOG Output:

Name der fehlerhaften Anwendung: FlightSimulator.exe, Version: 1.12.13.0, Zeitstempel: 0x5fda3fe4
Name des fehlerhaften Moduls: FlightSimulator.exe, Version: 1.12.13.0, Zeitstempel: 0x5fda3fe4
Ausnahmecode: 0xc0000005
Fehleroffset: 0x0000000001d54850
ID des fehlerhaften Prozesses: 0x2094
Startzeit der fehlerhaften Anwendung: 0x01d6fba8f3d16e5c
Pfad der fehlerhaften Anwendung: F:\Steam\steamapps\common\MicrosoftFlightSimulator\FlightSimulator.exe
Pfad des fehlerhaften Moduls: F:\Steam\steamapps\common\MicrosoftFlightSimulator\FlightSimulator.exe
Berichtskennung: 7aa4b504-2a26-4499-ae0c-f54dad6ce252
Vollständiger Name des fehlerhaften Pakets:
Anwendungs-ID, die relativ zum fehlerhaften Paket ist:

Yes, the fix should be out with the update hopefully.
The CTD can still hit even with all these precautions we have taken.
A lot of folks, even with bigger computers are having good success setting higher manual limits on their Window’s VM page file.
It really helps with those like me who have smaller amounts of ram.

Increase your RAM to 32GB and you will almost never have a CTD

1 Like

I have 128GB of ram and also suffer from CTDs. Everything done… Updated everything, disabled all mods, simconnects, XMP, reinstalled, set to 30fps, vsync on/off, installed biosdriver/update, vcredist, old/new Nvidia driver… still CTDs. Waiting for the update now.

1 Like

The best thing for you then is to format your PC.

Formatting your hard drive would be a rather extreme measure to take, considering the fix from ASOBO isn’t that far off.
If you have 16GB of ram, like I do, setting your VM to manual limits almost always cures this CTD issue.
There is no need to get more ram.
I get constant CTD with system managed VM, when set manual, none at all.
There are quite a few posts in here on that.

I think I have read almost all the CTD and BSO post and I have been testing all the solutions that are posted. Lately what is nagging me is the 140.dll 000000005, in short. And it does it randomly.
I have read that the OC in the system, FS2020 misbehaves. That is totally uncertain, I play OC RAM, OC GPU and Micro chip O.C., I am not saying that a bad unstable OC crashed the game, but it would not only happen in FS2020.

That MSI Afterburner also causes problems, totally uncertain, since I have the game I have it installed.

That FSUIP7 and the SimConect cause the last problems, the FSUIP I am convinced that no, the SimConect uff, would be the most probable but I cannot affirm it.

What I am clear about is that in order not to have problems, that the game could crash, I think this game memory has to be 32GB, if you can play with 16 Gb, but you have to enable Windows paging and assign it manually It seems advisable or let the system manage it, without forgetting to assign a good cache in the game. With 32 GB of RAM I have done both.

Apart from that I, for having read it, I have disabled AZURE and went to Windows without connection and perhaps the most important AI Traffic, totally disabled.

So I think that when facing any of the problems, you have to be totally sure that you have a “super stable” team and for that you have to test it. Also a very good setup of the GPU control panel, there are tutorials on You Tube for both Nvidia and AMD and especially when we have a crash, don’t go crazy to change several things at once, one by one and go back to try on the Sim.
After all this I do not want to say that I have finished with any problem, it is not the first time that the day before I have made 2 perfect flights and the next day I have a crash on the first flight, but I keep trying.
a greeting

1 Like

In my case, I get a CTD (0xc0000005) on nearly all flights. Even without third party apps, no community addons and without USB controllers the crash occurs. The CTD’s seem to be less frequent with live traffic, and seem to go away completely with AI traffic completely off.

For some reason, MSFS is very fussy with overclocking.
There are proven situations posted about in here, where a stable o/c worked fine with every other title, but would crash with MSFS.

Your summation of the 16Gb ram is correct, but the “need” for 32GB is a result of the simconnect issue.
Once that is corrected, 16 gig should work fine as it did before these issues started.

Good Flights!!