Game Still Crashing to Desktop Post Patch

I thought one of the big things this first patch was supposed to fix was the crashing to desktop? However I am still getting crashes once or twice a day, and mostly upon final approach, just minutes from touchdown, meaning I have to do my entire flight all over again…not cool :disappointed_relieved:

There are quite a few threads on the forums where people are reporting crash to desktops and it seems there is no one single cause. Reports indicate that the ‘fix’ for one user doesn’t work for another user etc. Tracking down the cause is very time consuming. I suggest maybe using the forum search function to find other threads for this issue. If you wanted to be brave, even though it is time consuming, you could take the plunge and go ahead and reinstall windows. It might actually save you time in the long run. However, it doesn’t guarantee that it will solve your problem if the CTD is caused by hardware weaknesses (unlikely but possible) or driver issues.

To get you started, here are two links (Link1, Link2) to existing mega-threads about CTDs.

It would also be a good idea to check out the known issues post to see if you are affected by one of those.

For advanced troubleshooting, if none of the other fixes seem to work, then there may also be some useful information contained in this detailed thread.

2 Likes

i searched prior to making this thread, but most recent thread was like 14-16 days old so i assumed it was a pre patch thread, my apologies

1 Like