Garmin G3000/5000 Issues and Support

Probably worth reading back in this thread - NAV now arms instead of automatically taking you to the active flight plan leg, in conformance with real world operation. You need to use HDG mode to intercept the leg, then when Track Offset is within two dots, NAV will flash and turn Green in the Scoreboard Annunciator and become active, putting you on the leg. This is similar to the NXi when it became Early Access.

1 Like

But HDG did not work out too. And since english is not my mothertongue i did not understand much tbh.
But in short words the plane is buggy right now?

I flew the TBM Wednesday and it worked as I described.

You can enable wind speed and direction on the PFD through the PFD options screen. There are three options (direction and speed, component velocity, or some kind of hybrid iirc). Similar to the G1000NXi but the options are controlled from the little touchscreen dialogs.

1 Like

Hello,
Iā€™m not sure I understandā€¦
Working Title G3000 is now included in FS2020, which means that we no longer need to have Working Title G3000 in the Community folder?
I tried, and we donā€™t have the same thing at all with the G3000 included in FS2020.
I get the same display as before the update, nothing to do with Working Title G3000ā€¦
I think I didnā€™t understand anything :sweat_smile:

Thank you again, you were correct on all counts.

Iā€™d totally missed the Pre-Flight checklist on the Garmin 5000.

Have a great weekend, and hopefully get some flying in. Iā€™ll be playing with the new features in the G5000 all being well.

Remove the G3000 Community Mod and restart the sim.

Done + restarted several times, and I stay with the basic version :man_shrugging:
Of course I installed the update first

What is the version number of your sim? Have you tried with an empty Community folder? It could be another mod.

So this mod is broken? Will it be fixed or shall we remove it forever better?

The latest G3000 is now part of the sim code, so you should remove any Community Mods related to it.

ok, community folder completely emptied and indeed it works!
Sorry, I thought removing just the WT mod would be enough.
Just to find which mod is the problem now (I have a doubt about the improvement of the TBMā€¦

Thank you :sunglasses:

Yes, at this time all TBM and Longitude mods must also be removed, until they are updated (if the authors so choose to do so, lots of what was covered by those mods is taken care of in AAU1).

2 Likes

How can i see if i use g3000 community related mods?

They would be in your Community Folder. Look for folders like wt-g3000 or WorkingTitle-G3000.

OK thx. I will look into it for these tags and delete them.

Hi @Ivusenko9629
Iā€™ve attached a couple of screenshots of traffic showing on the map and indicator. First one shows the settings inside of ā€œTraffic settingsā€ that I had on.

The second screen shows a couple of planes on the screens (both map and indicator).

The biggest issue Iā€™ve noticed, is that itā€™s hard to tell when a target will show up, so you might fly for a while before anything shows up. None of the player traffic shows up for meā€¦ But all the traffic I did see while trying to capture the shots were live commercial flights. (EDIT: pretty sure I had a live player show up in a B350 just now. Although that could be just a non-matching aircraftā€¦) But not all of commercial live traffic shows up on the screens either. Not sure what separates which ones show up and which ones donā€™t at this point since all commercial traffic show show if within set parameters.
P.S. for those that worry about such things (like ME), I donā€™t fly around with the flaps partially down! I hit the ā€¦ button while trying to grab the shot and just didnā€™t bother to go back and take another one! But if anyone finds parts of flaps laying in their backyard, Please call 555-OOPS. :grinning:
Regards
P.S.S. I did visually track one SW737 across the sky as it was showing on the system in the cockpit. Worked right in real time for that one!

Perfect. Found it. I looked all over for that yesterday. Thanks.

What does the ā€œNO STANDBY DATAā€ alert mean? It doesnā€™t appear to be listed in the Longitude manual.

Is your standby power switch set to ā€œOnā€? Itā€™s in the checklist on page 129 of the manual.

1 Like