GKS Mig-21Bis

I did paint a Yugoslavian Mig:

yugo815 04 by JanKees Blom, on Flickr

4 Likes

is this project still alive ?

what’s the current state of this aircraft ? As it is on sale at orbX and Simmarket I was contemplating buying it.

I just purchased the model and let the copilot fly some turns around Berlin. I like it, Thanks for the great model.
However, I have some observations for the east-german airforce livery. In my opinion, the eastgerman paint scheme is not correct. It was never such green-green, but more brownish and green (at least in the eighties).
The markings outside the cockpit where bright orange (explanation in russian and german, how to open the cockpit from outside)
And in the eighties I am not aware of any bare metal paint scheme on any Mig-21.
The 3-D model is missing the antennas for the LASUR command device (harpoon shaped antennas at the front and backside of the plane. There was only one eastgerman airforce division with the Mig21bis version (in Neuhardenberg/Marxwalde), all other used Mig21MF, if I remember well. And their distinguishing sign was the LASUR antenna.
And the wings show no signs of special colored antenna areas (it was a plain dark green).
And I am not satisfied with the sore state of the paint scheme. In the eastgerman airforce (the “red prussians”) never ever a plane would have been operated in these worn paintings! In painted aircraft, here would be no sign of bare metal due missing paint! The actual worn paint scheme (apart from wrong colors) looks more like rusting planes in the open-air museums at the former airfields today.

A suggestion: @Al13X7895 , You might add a “Q-badge” (Quality badge for good technical state) on the left side of the front body. This might add to a true 80ties athmosphere.
Museum at the original former airfield east of Berlin: Flugplatzmuseum Neuhardenberg

Nevertheless, a great plane model. And to say it loud and clear: I love the cockpit! Locks like the original.
Thanks again for this model!

About the Lazur system, there were 2 different versions of the MiG-21bis, one with the SAU-autopilot system and one with the Lazur-Datalink. If i remember correctly, the east german forces had both versions, so the antennas could be missing because of that. For liveries I have to look what I can find, I think it depends on the timeframe, but I also have no idea how the MiG-21 ingame looks like since i dont own it, although from screenshots the plane has some weird quirks like the armament.

Edit: JG-8 had both while JG-9 only had MiG-21 with the SAU autopilot. It also seems to me that they had just different liveries, one from JG-9 being brown/green and one from JG-8 being darkgreen/green. Maybe someone will find more pictures, JG-9 started at 871 and went up to 990, JG-8 had 792 to 859.

You might be correct for the antenna question and the 2 versions of LASUR and SAU systems for the Mig21bis at JG8 in Marxwalde/Neuhardenberg. Only the Mig21bis with the SAU system had the trident antenna, while LASUR version did not had this specific antenna. So my remark was not correct.
BTW, when JG9 was introduced to Mig23, all Mig21bis were concentrated in the JG8.

Yes, ok I just looked at some screenshots of it and some of the liveries indeed look very weird. At least there’s some extra liveries available at flightsim.to

Hello everyone, taking advantage of the ongoing sale I decided to buy the model after reading (a lot!) in this thread and watching some videos.

What can I say after trying the plane? To me its a lot of fun flying it and the cockpit is super cool!!! :grinning: It will take a lot of practice to learn all the instruments. :heart_eyes: Thank you devs for the manual, very useful to start learning the plane.

I hope for some future improvement with regard to the sound package and maybe a rework of the afterburner effect but overall a really nice job in my opinion. Keep up the good work guys.

Happy flying.

2 Likes

Still time to pick up the Mig-21 at half price.
See the review from Into the Blue Simulations

1 Like

Thank you for feedback!

Hello Dylan,
sorry, missed your question. Did you solve it or do you still need a help?

1 Like

Hey mate.

Issue seems to be still present. Everything else works like a dream.

Any help would be absolutely great. I really want to fly using VOR to VOR.

Thank you so much for the help. :relaxed:

any chances for the LanceR variant ? to have FLIR screen and HUD for this bird . will be more than a dream …

LanceR is different from the Bis in a lot of parts so I assume just as for DCS version making the LanceR in a more depth than just a re-skin would mean making a new Addon from scratch. Basically it would be easier to ask the developer of a F16 to make a LanceR. It would require the same re-do of the whole body of the plane plus systems but at least some of the more complicated systems would be the same or similar.
Lancer uses MF or similar variants that are not the Bis. Also as far as I know about RoAF… everything is still secret even the valves for the tires. So… I would say a LanceR has no chances of making it to MSFS in a decent representation of simulation.
We can be glad we have those nice Romanian liveries for now.

Sukhoi Su-24

Exactly, this is almost new aircraft

For those who find Knots and Feet more understandable, I’ve posted my Mig-21 Knots and Feet cockpit at

2 Likes

Al13X7895,

I bought the MiG-21 a week ago and think it is fantastic! I love the flight model and the working parachute on landing. The cockpit is phenomenal, and the entire flight experience is challenging and rewarding.

I have a few observations/comments. To put things in perspective, I fly on Xbox and use a controller:

• The English label for the throttle reads “Wing sweep lever”
  • When I move the cursor over the button to reset the parachute on the ground, it won’t highlight so I can click it.
  • The radar adjust lever doesn’t seem to be clickable/movable by a controller
  • The throttle movement locking lever also doesn’t highlight or respond to the controller cursor
  • There does not seem to be a checklist for shutting down.

Overall, these are minor issues for what is a truly outstanding simulated plane!

I’m excited by your tease of the SU-24. I also think it would be awesome if you did a MiG-23 ML!

Warm regards, and stay safe!
-Drew

3 Likes

very nice, thank you for this

LanceR Cockpit

2 Likes