GKS Mig-21Bis

Is there a way to disable the auto brakes on landing? When I deploy the drag chute the “gear brake” lever comes on automatically. Loving this aircraft, thanks to the developers!

Correction to my above post. Auto brakes are activated on landing and yes, there is a way to disable them via a controller switch. Is there an indication light or switch in the cockpit to show if this is enabled?

Sorry SkyLark, I was waiting to see if anyone else would reply. I wasn’t aware of auto brakes on the Mig-21. How are you deploying the drag chute? I’m on Xbox and have it bound to R bumper, down D-pad. When I deploy it, the “parking brake” lever does not come on and I can taxi.

However, I’m still learning this plane. Not reading (or speaking) Russian does make it a bit harder. :wink:

On that topic, I spent a long time trying to figure out how to turn off the taxi lights. I found the actual manual (here: DOWNLOADS – AviaSimHD and the switch is labeled correctly there, but the in-sim pop-up label calls it an auto pilot switch.

1 Like

Once again – how do you do a cold start on Xbox? More specifically, after hitting all the switches in the checklist, does the ignition switch go up, or stay down? Looking at the documentation, it looks like the down position is for a cold start.

Beyond that, I still haven’t gotten the hang of holding the button down and then hitting it again.

good project, but unfortunately if developers doesn t give a regular maintenance support it will be lost at some point, this is I noticed from last year, a regular updates and attention on bug reports from players its better than making a perfect aircraft

2 Likes

Agreed.

I sincerely hope everything is okay with the developers. Frankly, I expected a bit of a slow down in their replies due to the December holidays.

Still, an update to address some of the issues would be nice. If I can Master the procedure for starting the plan reliably, I can live with the other issues – until the next game update requires a plane update.

Pretty sure the dev is in Ukraine so they may not be able to reply regularly.

3 Likes

Ah ha! I figured out a little cheat to start the plane on Xbox. I go through the checklist, but before hitting the start button, I turn on the AI pilot, which gets the engine cranking. Then I turn it off again, hit the start button once it twice, and the engine starts. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Mind posting your cold start startup steps? I’m able to get the MiG-21 up and running from cold and dark on my Xbox with a controller without an issue. The only thing different from my DCS startups is that for the MSFS Fishbed I have to hold the starter button and push it twice. I assume you’re either missing a switch or flipping a switch you’re not supposed to.

Nope, you’re right, I was missing a switch. I was hitting the SC Gen switch, but missing the AC Gen switch. It starts fine for me now except having to hit the start button twice – as you note.

Hello everyone,

is the ARC/ADF actually working on this aircraft? In the manual I can see how to set the frequency but it is quiet about which gauge shows the bearing to the NDB station.

Thanks

@Al13X7895, any chance those other liveries will make it to Xbox? Like the Tiger one and checkerboard one? Thanks!

The HSI yellow needle points you in the correct direction. You have to power it on and calibrate it with the buttons. I’ll try to find the video

1 Like

I’m still learning about VOR, DME, and so forth, but I found this video tutorial helpful:

I’m starting to plan flights in the game by picking VOR stations and then entering them in the MiG’s list of channels.

2 Likes

Thanks for replies. Though this is RSBN/VOR navigation and that is fine.

I am having trouble with ARC/ADF.

Ah, are you finding the place to enter the frequency? On the radio below the nav radio? To switch which one the needle points to, there’s an RSBN/ARK switch aft of the RSBN panel next to the throttle. (Turn on cockpit labels if you don’t have them on). It starts default on RSBN.

If you’re entering the ARK channels on the ADF clipboard like you would with the vor/RSBN clipboard, the ark panel is on the right, near the fuel pump switches.

Bingo! Thank you :+1:

FWIW, there is a section of the manual that goes into entertaining and saving frequencies.

https://www.aviasimhd.com/download/

pol21 (0003) by JanKees Blom, on Flickr

pol21 (0002) by JanKees Blom, on Flickr

3 Likes