Global AI Ship Traffic V2 for MSFS

If you use P3D you would be able to see the whales beneath the surface but not in MSFS - they are fully modeled. Dolphins can definitely be added in the future - besides making ship traffic I spend a lot of my spare time in the nature with my son tracking marine mammals in all corners of the world and I was about to include dolphins in this update, but then I would have had to postpone again, again… :smiley:

Southern Right Whale

7 Likes

We didn’t include traffic in the Rhein - I think Fishkopp have done some - maybe worth checking his site simdocks.de, but for the moment it wouldn’t work due to the bug mentioned earlier in the thread. Once that is solved, then maybe. It is easier to put ships on rivers in MSFS due to the improved precision.

3 Likes

I’m in no hurry to download the AI ship pack, but only because I haven’t bought MSFS yet :slight_smile: Butwondered if the ships come in different regions folders, so if I know I never will fly in ie. Africa, South America etc that I don’t need to have them installed. I don’t know if it even will improve load times (or fps) just having ships in the areas where I usually fly, or maybe it’s not possible to opdele (sorry, but I think you know what I mean :slight_smile: ) them in differrent areas.
Fantastisk at du har bragt AI skibe til MSFS, det var en af mine favorit addons i P3D :slight_smile:

The routes are indentifiable and some of the ships also, but they are not packed in folders but e.g. South American routes starts with either SA_ or BR_ and North American US_ At least in P3D and FSX it reduced load time. Some of the ships like AI_South_American_Fishing_Boats or AI_Chinese_Fish_Boats should also be self explanatory… others a bit less…

Just wanted to thanks hnielsen791 so much for this amazing mod. The ships look wonderful and add so much immersion to the sim. I can’t imagine how much time it must have taken to model all those ships and I’m very grateful to be allowed to benefit from all that hard work! :).

2 Likes

We might have seen the most loved freeware addon for MSFS. This record will never be broken.

2 Likes

@hnielsen791 OK now, all present and correct in my folders:) There was a little legacy from the portover that interfered with my installation.

1 Like

How much time… ? The first post about the project I did on the French Pilote-Virtuel 19th February 2013… Pilote-Virtuel.com - Forum de simulation aérienne / [MSFS][P3D][FSX] 1100 navires et routes AI (Disponible MSFS page 113) (pilote-virtuel.com) - that thread contains the full history of the project in almost 3000 posts… A good way to keep my French alive :smiley:

3 Likes

Great to hear that. I don’t like unsolved mysteries…

1 Like

Looks great, thanks very much :slight_smile:

one question if i may , are there somewhere , US aircraft carriers ? (nimitz class) ? or british QE class ?

No, only older smaller British carrier HMS Illustrious and the LHD HMS Ocean and some Spanish, Brazilian, Chilean, French and Australian assault ships or smaller carriers. And they are for the moment pure eye candy and trying to land on them will make you end in the water as they have no hard deck. Next version… maybe sometime in the second part of 2021.

1 Like

Please remember to vote for getting wake effects introduced in MSFS… it will make it a lot nicer…

3 Likes

Currently making a short flight from brussels to london city. Not sightseeing, but “shipseeing” over the english channel right now! Thanks for this amazing add on!

1 Like

These are indeed real ships :smiley: If I can find the drawings - or if you can - they could be added to the Classic package. We have done a basic conversion of that package for MSFS already and depending on how life goes the coming months - I used to travel a lot for my job - it could be out in some months. And I like to do models of ships which mean something to somebody.

1 Like

AWESOME thanks so much !

Finally I also got some time just to fly around and look… If you didn’t guessed it already this project did consume quite some time trying to get it ready…

11 Likes

Looking good, although I must report there are a couple of short stutters when changing the time of day ingame (in flight).

Wow, thanks for your hard work, Henrik!

I’ve been waiting for the MSFS2020 version of this amazing mod for a while, since I saw someone mention it on another flightsim forum. I’ll definitely go back to flightsim.to and buy you a coffee now - it’s hard to believe that this is actually a free mod, but I think you’re going to be on a caffeine high with all that coffee… :wink:

As promised, I bought you a coffee, but I only realised I could type a message once I’d sent it… :slight_smile: