Great game if it works, so far it's MS Crash Simulator

Hi. First I must say I really love the game - when it works that is. It looks great, the world is beautiful, I obviously find my home there, done some flights with default Airbus and it was good, flight plan, FMC, autopilot, everything worked as expected.

But man, as I said in title. So far, it has been more of a Microsoft Crash Simulator than anything else. Alt-tab to look on chart, alt-tab back: crash. Plug in headphones mid flight: crash, I have switch button to switch my keyboard between two computers - when I switch keyboard (basically plug in keyboard) mid flight: crash, display ingame chart in flight lesson: crash, display objectives screen: crash, sometimes don’t do anything other than watching autopilot fyling: crash… and so on. I don’t know, but have Microsoft testers tried the game for more than 5 minutes? If yes, how it is possible the game is crashing basically at every opportunity. It has been a long time since I played the game that is so unstable.

I know it is day one and I think the game has a bright future but man, fix those crashes asap.

5 Likes

How much RAM do you have?

Its probably not not you, not your rig. I’m getting a lot of crashes to desktop, and each time I have analyzed the crashdump and it is the same thing each time. MicrosoftFlightSimulator.exe is the module that faulted and it is the infamous c000005 exception – which means the code tried to read memory it has already released (or overran a buffer or array, etc. ). Its an error. They need to fix.

And yeah, I’m quite surprised this got past alpha testing and beta testing. I doubt it is the case that no one experienced the problem. But if they don’t have it set to feed back crash reports automatically, well, then they wouldn’t know. And the far majority of public alpha/beta testers are primarily looking for early access and don’t view it as a responsibility to actually take time and report issues, etc.

1 Like

RaadushCZ

The simulator is not crashing on my computer and in fact has been very stable with regards to crashing. Even with the occasional multi-second pause, it has not crashed.

So not 100% this is not some sort of conflict on your end, I would look for key assignment conflicts maybe, you mentioned plugging and unplugging a lot of hardware once the sim is already running, not something I do.

Wish I could give you some better direction.

P.S Glad you like the sim, I am enjoying it as well.

Ryzen 5-1600 / GTX 1070 with 8 GB / 16GB RAM /

Zero crashes for me so far and given how many crash reports there are there has to be something different with your machine. I alt+tab out all the time without issues. I don’t go plugging and unplugging peripherals while playing any of my games though so I can’t speak about that.

If the system is saying it is reporting the error to Microsoft then that probably has most of the info they need but you should raise it in zendesk anyway. Maybe they can help you out.

In the meantime, the usual suggestions. Check Windows and where possible check all drivers are up to date (sound, USB hubs, graphics, motherboard chipset, mouse, joysticks, etc). Are you overlocking? Turn it off and see if that helps. Crashes due to overclocking depends on load and different games can stress the system differently.

If the faulting app is the flight simulator EXE then it is likely its fault but like any modern app a library (like drivers) that the app uses that has a fault can also cause the app to fail.

AMD Ryzen 5 3600, GeForce 2070 Super, 16GB RAM. When it works, I have no problem running it on ultra settings

I was able to load/play the simulator without an problems up until this morning, when I decided to turn off Bluetooth on my system (I have a USB receiver). Since then, I couldn’t get past the final launch loading screen (the one after press any key). I now activated Bluetooth again and everything works like before. There is definitely some fixing needed here! But other than that, I am absolutely blown away by this.

My config is
Ryzen 3 3700x
32GB DDR4 3200 RAM
RTX 2080 Super
2TB HDD + 120 GB SSD (StoreMI) – this is where the game is stored.
500GB SSD (bootup)

I have experienced repeated crashes as well:

Faulting application name: FlightSimulator.exe, version: 1.7.12.0, time stamp: 0x5f2ee5e4
Faulting module name: FlightSimulator.exe, version: 1.7.12.0, time stamp: 0x5f2ee5e4
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x0000000001625e67
Faulting process id: 0x4d48
Faulting application start time: 0x01d676e00f6c4ecd
Faulting application path: D:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\MicrosoftFlightSimulator\FlightSimulator.exe
Faulting module path: D:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\MicrosoftFlightSimulator\FlightSimulator.exe
Report Id: 72e762f4-4b1a-4ac1-8865-2d732105efcf
Faulting package full name:
Faulting package-relative application ID:

Glad it’s not just me with the 0xc0000005 exception!

Same here, looks like many people are crashing either at random times or during loading screens.

Application error (flight sim executable). Really sucks cause you get no credit in the log book and you can spend a lot of time prepping to the point of crash.

No question, currently the # 1 issues. I understand there will be issues this early on, especially with no open Beta, or really any true beta, but I do wish MS / Asobo would speak up and let us know they are aware of a large percent of the community having issues and that they are looking in to it.

Same for me. I can’t fly more than an hour. Random crashes, sometimes even while idling at the main menu. The long load times make the crashes even more painful. If I turn the settings to low-end it behaves a little better, but who wants to do that?

Dude,

I would say its an occasional crash simulator. It seems to crash every hour or so. I got a decent gaming rig, and no other game (even RDR2) has crashed on my PC, except this one.

I feel like this is one of those times, where, I get the feeling that the game is essentially in a late beta stage. Early players like you and me are sort of like playing a final preview. It’s very much playable (despite the occasional crashing, I am very much enjoying this) and of course, the installation of this game has become legendary level disappointment for a lot of people (I count myself lucky. It took me only 9 hours of circus and crashes to finish installation).

Ultimately, it is sort of like a crash simulator, but I think, its understandable. I believe, give it 3 to 6 months, it should become far more reliable.

Personal Tip - save every so often, especially if you are on a long flight plan. That is what I am doing.

Same here. Crashes every hour (especially, if i leave the game idle on the menu or in pause or Esc menu and step away from the PC).

If I am playing continuously, the crashes are less.

Had the same issues too CTD just switching planes and then trying to load the interface; my fix ended up bring my page file was either too small or corrupt so I performed the following steps.

Set the page file to “None”
Restart into safe mode optimize all your drives. Restart normal mode.
Recreate page file…Let windows manage.

Hope this helps.

PC Specs:

i7 8700K
MS1 1080 /8
32 gigs of ram
nmve 2 500 gigs drive.

Running FS high end settings wonderfully no issues.

1 Like

It hasnt reached a point where it is bothering me.

In a way, I am happy for the crashes. It’s an hourly alarm for me to get off my PC (this game has become very addictive, almost like when I was hooked into CIV 3/4/5) and take a break :slight_smile:

but if things get that bad, I will try out your steps man. thank you.

There is something weird going on. I had issues on launch night which I thought were down to my 2080Ti only being plugged in via a single PCIE lead. Last night I played for 3 hours straight and not a single crash yet tonight I’m getting them soon after loading into an airfield.

I’ve not plugged in or unplugged anything in the last 24hrs so kind of at a loss as to why everything was fine last night but not tonight …

I just want to fly :tired_face:

Yes I have the exact same problem as you. It seems like i’m walking on egg shells whatever I do seems to always end up in a crash.

No crashes for me as well.

OK. I’m not the only one. Is there a fix for it yet?

I had the same Issues . And it’s now solved.

Flying for hours on ultra without any crash what so ever.

But I don’t know what trigger it.

I did the following.

• Reinstall the complete simulator.
  • turned off overlays in steam & Discord.
  • turned off all other softwares running like MSI afterburner etc…

Now it’s running flawless and it’s very beautiful.

I hope it will help you as well.