Guimbal Cabri G2

great info.

where did you find the G2 manual?

A little off topic ā€¦ but for all ā€œHotas Warthog Joystickā€ users
For me, this video was a game changer for helicopter flying.
If you donā€™t like it, you can simply set it back to the default state.

1 Like

Guimbal Cabri G2 Flight Manual

5 Likes

This is the way I set my Hotas Joystick which wasnā€™t helicopter cyclic compliant. Not perfect as thereā€™s still some residual forces and thereā€™s better devices for HELO on the market, however thereā€™s also existing worse devices. So really compliant to my expectations.
Thereā€™s concurrent and affordable joystick available like the Logitech 3D Pro, or Logitech Saitek X5N (X52/X55/X56) which will perfectly fulfill the needs

Logitech 3D Pro is in itā€™s own low price category, but Saiteks are too expensive for what they do with helos compared to VKB GNX EVO, which unlike every other joystick that goes for less than ā‚¬300 is actually designed to be used without springs (it makes a decent collective too).

1 Like

Good catch, I forgot Saitek devices prices
Though, we also still find some X52 at around 135ā‚¬ including separate throttle module

Another nice review of the G2. There are very nice tips on flying and operating the G2.

NEW MSFS 2020 Guimbal Cabri Helicopter Review Pt. 1 - Startup & Hover

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6nrlN4MCrpk

Finally i can start this little firecracker from Cold&Dark like a champ, without hands holding.

1 Like

Hi and thanks for the response.

I am a helicopter pilot so am looking for the sim to replicate real life as closely as possible.

Nothing wrong with your technique and itā€™s similar to the one I would use to simulate an engine failure on a single, but what Iā€™m looking for in the sim is full control of the Nr, both high and low range while in auto. A basic autorotation should be as simple as lowering the lever completely and the Nr should then rise unless the collective is increased to contain it. My experience in the sim is that the Nr will droop to a low point, but I canā€™t get it to rise to the overspeed condition which means the auto is too easy and not realistic.

Iā€™ll have another look to see if iā€™m missing something in the sim.

5 Likes
    Just gave it another go, but crucially loaded the aircraft to MAUW and using some very rough nose up pulls on the cyclic with the collective fully down at 75kts, I got the Nr to overspeed. Nothing like the responses on the real thing, but at least I now know that the auto is modelled, just needs some tweaking to be more realistic in my opinion.
4 Likes

Awesome to see real helo pilots put these things to a test! Hopefully the devs are reading these feedbacks!

1 Like

How do I warm the cabin?

2 Likes

So how do helicopters work? What controls do I need to make them go up/down/forward/back/left/right? How can I make them go faster and how do I slow them down?

Couldnā€™t find a flight training for that in the game

Numerous videos on YouTube for MSFS helicopters.

I mean, why wouldnā€™t you immediately search YouTube for things like that? Isnā€™t it the obvious choice?

Also, this could be useful:

Overall, so far, Iā€™m pretty happy with the Cabri. Somehow, the Bell needs more polishing, The Cabri is a better choice, I think, to learn how to fly rotorcrafts. I noticed the frost and I donā€™t know how to get rid of it.

2 Likes

Iā€™ve added at the moment, basic and simple explanation here :

2 Likes

no itā€™s not.

Thanks. This was what was missing from my sim.

1 Like

Iā€™ve got the same problem using the x56 stick. Both new helicopters are un flyable for me.

The IRL Cabri does not have anti-icing equipment or air conditioning, unfortunately, so neither does the sim version.

3 Likes