Guimbal Cabri G2

Of course you can but if you have controls that can be used then why not. Beats using the mouse.

The assumption in the conversation is that you don’t have those controls. Like most people

Of course, if you have them, you should use them. If you have a full motion simulator, you should use that too.

But I am, and have always been talking about the user base in general.

Most users don’t have a dedicated collective/throttle control setup.

I don’t currently have a spare axis either but most of us have spare buttons they could use. Again anything that can be used to negate the need to use a mouse is a winner as far as I’m concerned. This is not unique to the throttle in this heli but across the board for me.

1 Like

When I fly in the mountains, it is impossible to exceed 8000 feet. The power decreases and goes into the yellow, although the ceiling of the device is 13000 feet
Yet I adjust the mixture.
Do you have this anomaly?

This is not a mistake. The values for flight performance only count for optimal conditions. If one of the values (Pressure, Temperature, Humidity, Weight) is not optimal, you will not reach the maximum flight altitude. Just as with any other aircraft.

Edit: I just finished at 10500 ft (summer, cloudless, no wind, 10% fuel, pilot only). An experienced pilot will surely get a bit more out of it.

1 Like

Does anyone notice that the fuel gauge never goes down it stays at +82

You can adjust it but you never have to refuel ( Or I don’t have to anyway)

Working just fine with me - after like one minute of flight the amount goes down from 86 to 85.

Verify that “unlimited fuel” did not toggle on accident in assistance menu :wink: sometimes stuff there gets active without any proper reason

1 Like

Not anti-ice but it has at least a heater and defogger for the cabin:

Anyway it’s inop on MSFS :wink:

2 Likes

Just wonder if this is expected behavior

When moving the collector to say 60%, the power needle won’t follow all the way, and with a lag. It might stop at say 50%
 If I then move the collector as little as possible to get 61%, the power needle follows to 61-62 ish

Similar pattern the other direction but the power needle is always below the collector “requested” needle

When close to the ground i find a nice descend at say 61% but when getting close to the ground the power starts to change either up or down

Is it expected that the power should change like that without moving the collector further?

As I understand the collector controls the requested power and the power needle is the current power

The Cabri has become my favorite these days .

Is there a way to connect the CDI to the GPS ? I may be blind but I don’t see a NAV/GPS switch ?

Source selection is built into the GTN. The GTN always drives the CDI and you select if that’s a GPS route or a radio Nav source.

2 Likes

If you place the G2 at KTEX airport, for example, elevation 9070 feet with the engines started, one will be surprised that you cannot take off. Only after proper leaning of the mixture, could I take off, fly around easily and land again.

To lean a piston engine you have to monitor the CHT gauge while moving the mixture lever towards the cutoff position slowly. The temperature will increase and reach a peak value and then decrease. At this peak just make it a little bit richer. You should now have the maximum power available.

The weather was custom. No winds Temperature at standard temp (15C) and no adjustment to the Weight and balance.

Where is the mixture lever in the Cabri?

In reality you wouldn’t ever lean the mixture on a piston engine helicopter. The risk of loosing your engine is too high, so you always fly on full rich.

The red lever overhead, next to the yellow lever (rotor brake)

That’s what I thought. I didn’t think you were supposed to lean it at all.

Nice flying! I love this little bird and that’s the type of flying I do. It’s more like constant practice and developing muscle memory that makes you really good. Thanks for the video.

1 Like

@mdapol That threw me off on my first flight. You do need to lean it at high altitudes otherwise it just comes back down again.

@Baracus250 It doesn’t matter to me whether your method works or not.

Since they don’t lean it in the real aircraft, I would rather know what the procedure is for flying the real aircraft at high altitudes.

I would like to know also then, if that was not the way to get around the problem. It’s the only way I could get her to stay up for more than 5 seconds :slight_smile: