Headwind A330-900neo

Oh that’s a shame.

Hopefully that will be fixed soon.

1 Like

I mean if you seen pictures of the actual flight deck, there’s small differences. Other then that, it’s identical.

1 Like

Just a note. I was on the team for the PMP A330. It uses a modified version of our cockpit, which is totally A-OK as the group has now disbanded and the work is open-source. But yes, the cockpit is from the PMP A330. It’s slightly incomplete, the only things really modified were the windows, side panels, throttle levers, and some buttons and such. A third MCDU is still missing as well as some more general shaping. However, it seems that this creator plans to update/improve it themselves which is nice.

3 Likes

They do have some differences but the cockpits are actually so similar that many companies have a dual A330/A320 rating, meaning one day you could be flying either of them.

1 Like

I was just wondering when it comes to Simbrief and to make a Flightplan there. You need to find the A330-900 NEO there but it is not. How do you guys do that?

Search for all details in the internet there you find all relevant Infos. Then you can create the plan in Simbrief.

flew it today,
very enjoyable, good textures in/out…made a diff to the norm, well done to Headwind Team 10/10 imo

1 Like

just make a folder saying
Flightplans …next to you Community and Official Folder, go to Simbrief downloader or search for it on the web, its a stand alone app which hooks into Simbrief, download it, open it, search for fs2020 , open + icon browse, to the above new Flightplan file and it will now store it for you.
go to the top of the simbrief downloader, click under your name, drop down appears, select Dispatch, takes you to main simbrief, create a flight plan, the Simbrief dowloader now has it, click the download icon in simbriefdownlader linked to fs2020 hey presto, the a330/a320 etc…will now have in its mcdu your latest flight plan, just go to the init section and hit the button up will come your fltplan…

Does anyone noticed the behavior of this plane during landing ?
It’s been pretty hard to land at the recommanded speed (142 kts).
The plane seems to float a lot and land at around 100-110 kts.
The autobreak seems to powerful as well (autobreak low) maybe it’s due to the low landing speed ?
I try to land at different weight but it remain difficult.
Cross wind is like the worst landing in Madeira.
Usually I do good landing (according to Gees mod)
I’ll keep going on to practice on this plane but I would like to know if noticed this behavior too ?

1 Like

I miss the call-out at landing

The cockpit instruments lack of clarity (it seems as if there is some fog in front of the instruments)(compared to fbw)
Will they fix this?
Thanks

2 Likes

I have made lfpg to ksfo with this plane. Very good to fly, for me, the best a330

I’m trying out the A330 at the moment, it obviously is not yet a finished product, but its not bad at all and I am sure they will improve it.

I have created a sim brief model, which has the matching weights if anyone wants to use it. Just download it into your fleet.

https://www.simbrief.com/system/dispatch.php?sharefleet=61908_1633623633224

2 Likes

Errror:
Invalid airframe sharing link.

Sorry but the Simbrief link is not working. These are the changes I made to an A330 300 in My Fleet in Simbrief to meet the same weight and passenger figures as the Headwind A330 900NEO.

Base Type: A333

Max Passengers:

Weight Units
KGS
OEW (Empty Weight):
(in kilograms)
MZFW (Max Zero Fuel Weight):
(in kilograms)
MTOW (Max Takeoff Weight):
(in kilograms)
MLW (Max Landing Weight):
(in kilograms)
Max Fuel Capacity:
(in kilograms)
Passenger Weight ?:
(in kilograms)

Default Cost Index:
AUTO

Fuel Factor ?:
M15
Service Ceiling:
(in feet)
Cruise Level Offset ?:
P0000
(in feet)

Getting the same Invalid Airframe Sharing Link. Can you post a new one or? :slight_smile:

Thanks! Will certainly use it

Cockpit instruments.
They appear fine on my 4K LG monitor.

Here are some images of the A32NX cockpit and the A330 cockpit:

A32NX (global)

A32NX (detail)

A330-900 global

A330-900 detail

We can see the a problem in the instruments display in the A330.

1 Like

I am unable to see the amount of fuel in the headwind a330 EICAS. Changing the fuel load in the msfs2020 toolbar does nothing.

I hope someone can help me address the issue. Thank you.