Headwind A330-900neo

I must have just missed you. (I guess I should also turn on multiplayer if I really want to see you…) All-in-all, the flight went pretty much flawlessly. No issues on descent, approach, or landing. It does descend a bit too quickly, and the flight model does NOT burn much fuel, so you can probably chase a B747 around the world if you fueled up.

On final approach, and “Welcome to Lonely O’Hare International Airport. Please remove yourself from the United terminal, thank you!”

Had to stop and save this particular flight couple of times due to other things but managed to complete it this afternoon successfully. In between flights I downloaded and installed the updated version and it caused no problems when restarting. The only “problem” was when landing at EGNT and vacating the runway Ground wouldn’t talk to me, probably because EGNT only has one “large” stand and there was a 787 on it!

After running out of fuel one time I’ve been carefully monitoring the fuel consumption using the SimBrief profile Headwind kindly provided. Pretty obvious that the aircraft is “using” far less fuel than the profile anticipated but I believe that’s a known problem that’ll be sorted.

The integration of the A32NX avionics works a dream too, except that when I selected the approach (ILS25 via NT) it put a “USR” waypoint in which it then refused to recognise and fly to. Good old “Direct” button to next fix sorted it of course. Need to check that out on the A32NX.

3 Likes

I agree after the hotfix it works as I expect and like the FBW A20NX. Great Job guys

1 Like

Have a question: Have you set up such a MCDU SERVER as with FBW???

1 Like

For those of you interested, the developer released a hot fix today to address climb rate issues. I haven’t tried it myself, but promising that it appears to be addressed.

The hotfix was from yesterday and it solved the"rocket" problem. I have done 3 flights and everything went smooth

1 Like

Hello everyone, we have been a long time without flying the A330, we stopped flying it because it was not going well, and a view that we like to put on the plane looked bad, the view from the nose of the plane

Now we have seen an update of the A330-900, I think it is the 0.100, we have tested it with a flight and it has gone well, and the view that we like, the nose has been repaired, now the nose is seen as it is what to be.

3 Likes

I don’t have the tablet or the printout in the cockpit. Any suggestions? Thanks.

i confirm, did a flight test, climbed to 41000 feet ( cofin zone was tight!! ) and pushed it to M .86
The MCDU worked perfectly, autopilot too.
this is definitely going to be my favourite long haul airliner, with the FBW A380 when it’ll come out!

So this bird activated approach mode automatically on iaf which is fine, so i let it do its thing. Then it wouldn’t slow the speed and kept it at 240. I then jump to the MCDU to activate approach mode myself,
only to find out that the option is not there, which means it did activate it automatically.

I like this plane but i think i’ll stick with my beloved A32NX until 0.7.5 is implemented in this.

Will an MCDU server then also be set up as in the A320FBW???

I don’t think so. Check is there is an MCDU Server folder inside the plane’s main folder. That’s where the server file usually is in the A32NX.

Yes, I know that, I just thought you noticed that it was being implemented. That would of course be really great. When building a home cockpit. otherwise it’s really bad. Unfortunately… That’s why I hope Headwind will add it. Because it is based on the A320FBW.

You can’t if you have a home cockpit and you’re sitting in it. Then move the mouse around on the 3D effect main screen.

The tablet is missing, or it won’t turn on? I used it on my last flight so it does work.

The printout shows up next to the tablet when you collect it from the printer. It does not show up on the center console like in the FBW A32NX.

If you are in approach mode and you are flying with managed speed, you need to start extending flaps to slow down.

This worked fine on the last flight I did.

No it needs to slow down on its own to attain the first V-speed of the approach phase. That part it should do it on its own as soon as approach phase is activated. It didn’t. The flaps are used to make it slow down all the way to VREF, i’m aware of that part.

I’ll try it with another flight. But for now i deleted it and flying the A32NX.

Interesting. I’ll check this again on my next flight. I seem to remember it slowing down to green dot speed last time I was in approach mode with flaps fully retracted.

i just detected a low performance and bad fps and stuttering when you turn on the tablet, this is solved turning of again, anyone has experienced the same?

The tablet is missing. Tried to see if there is a hotspot to reveal it but no luck.
In all the videos the tablet is already there. Thanks.