Helicopters are a must

Jorg Neumann said they are looking for partners for the helicopters. I really hope they can find it. At least some progress has been made.

The development team is not asking for help from Sérgio Costa’s helicopter community. Sérgio Costa knows many helicopter development teams. I don’t understand why they don’t talk to each other.

I don’t understand what may be in the background. There is a large helicopter community with many programmers and coders. Many helicopter pilots are members of the community. Still looking for partners?

I don’t know what their plan is … I hope to find a partner with the right professional knowledge soon.

Maybe we’re just waiting for Asobo devs to pass their helicopter licence…

Asobo/M$ are in business to make money. The bureaucrats and marketing departments drive the business and they have a timeline not inclusive of our wishes. Their metrics tell them when is the best time to release. I suspect its in mid-fall when most high cost items are released in the U.S. market as it is the largest market.

just my thoughts

Maybe by “partners” they mean companies such as MD Helicopters, Robinson, or Bell-Textron?

But they are already working with Bell-Textron if I’m not wrong for some of their default planes?

It’s interesting what the developer does. The flight dynamics and physics of helicopters are complex. It is absolutely necessary to involve helicopter factories and professionals. The developer should partner with Bell, Robinson, Airbus helicopter factories. I don’t know why you didn’t contact the helicopter factories with Microsoft.

It is necessary for the developer to experience what kind of helicopter to drive. He needs to know the behavior, physics, flight dynamics of the helicopter.

In cooperation with helicopter factories, you can work out the correct physics and flight dynamics of the helicopter in 6 months. Users can finally get helicopters of the right quality. Helicopters are at the top of the wish list, yet no progress is being made. No negotiations have even taken place.

Third-party development team is few, do not have the professional knowledge. Non-amateur developers are needed. The third party may be able to model nicely 3 d, but he has no idea about the flight characteristics of helicopters. I have a feeling that Microsoft does not plan to release helicopters with a high level of flight dynamics and physics.

I infer from this from a statement made by the developer last week.

OMG Chill…

How long did it take for each platform in the past? MS and Asobo are working hard!

Quite frankly Helicopters are at the end of my list… However I’m sure they will address it down the path. Let’s give them time to sort Aerodynamics’ and Weather in the 21st century… before giving them to much ■■■■ about not perfecting Gliders and Helicopters.

I mean FFS did the Wright Brothers Invent Helicopters and Gliders before Motorized Aircraft?

Probably because they need license for the branding\model\name right, without they can’t do any helicopter.

I would love helis and eventually they will hit the platform. In the meantime I use Xplane for helis. Do I wish they came out in beta? Yes of course but I can’t complain because at least we now have a now sim and it will only get better as time presses on.

Hughes / MD 500 helicopter series. My favorite helicopters.

Hughes 500C, Hughes 500D, MD 500E, MD530 F

1 Like

but don’t forget… we need not only different kind of helicopters. Also all the other aspects needs to be changed/extended ( e.g. ATC , Heli-Pad, Missions , SlingLoad, etc. ). Otherwise it might be quickly borring for a lot of users.

2 Likes

Hype team H145 helicopter top quality. Exterior model, cockpit very high quality. I am proud of the team. I hope Microsoft joins the team. They need such prefessional third-party developers.

4 Likes

There have been a lot of articles on the web in recent days about helicopter development. According to the articles, Microsoft will start development this year because of the great need for helicopters. They give priority to the issue. I don’t know where these articles got their information, I didn’t go through such an announcement … Microsoft CEO Jorg Neumann said they were looking for partners. Has anyone heard more information?

for me there is overall to much “speculation” .

We , the community, point more than clear, that we have a big wish “helicopters”.

When the company will start with implemenation, can only tell us the company / developers itself and in a “official way / form”. And then it will takes a long long time to implement a good Helicopter model and all the additional stuff around. As long as it takes, I use the existing mods like the H135.

Half of 2021 has passed. It is very frustrating that the developer does not provide any information about the helicopters. In my opinion, helicopters are very important flying devices in the simulator. They made a report with Jorg Neuman. He makes no mention of helicopters in the report.

I was confident that Jorg Neumann would clear up the need for a helicopter into the simulator as soon as possible. Helicopters are present in all areas. Passenger transport, air rescue, air firefighting, air policing, air cargo lifting, air plant protection … The helicopter community needs helicopters now, not 3 years from now.

Other than what was said recently on the Q&A live streams, what’s to provide? They are working on helicopters, it’s a complex thing to get it right, so they are doing their research and looking for partners. Helicopters are coming and I’m sure they will say something or show something when they have something new to say or show

Getting weekly updates saying that they are still working on it has no informational value.

1 Like

and exact these might be the “problem”… I mentioned it former. It’s not done with bringing Heli’s into the game. We need all the stuff which makes flying interessting. And I assume there are “some” changes necessary.

Lot of complaining in here but anyway i was amazed they didn’t include helicopters in a flight simulator from Alpha stages?
It’s like making a driving simulator without trucks.

At least Hype and Flyinside have helped fill the void. Good on them for the hard work!

By the time MS/Asobo release their own i will safely bet 3rd party ones will be better anyway.
However why we still need them to do it is because they will add things that go along with helicopters (hopefully). Prop/Rotor wash on grass and water, separate collective control to bind and maybe a flight model people can work off that isn’t trash? Would be nice.

1 Like

H145 helicopter is fantastic. Amazing, detailed, self-quality exterior model, high quality cockpit. H 145 helicopter top quality.

I hope the Microsoft leader sees the work of the Hype team and contacts the development team.

2 Likes

A+++ for this mod. It is the most fun in MSFS yet. Hopefully MS/Asobo will sort out the control mapping stuff soon. It is a mess, really unreliable. Some mappings are even missing. e.g. MENU_BACK does not exist since the last updates. Try VR without this, what an inconvenience to have to remove my HMD to fumble around the keyboard.

1 Like