Helicopters are a must

That number is a bit inflated, as there have been many updates.

Still, there are also 38,000 R44 downloads, 29,000 H60 and already 2400 Huey (which is new this week!)

Helis are the best way to sightsee all the wonderful scenery

That was very kind of you to say, I’m sure the jockeys enjoyed that sortie as much as your children. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

400,000 is inflated a lot. Flightsim.to counts each downloads, every updated you download increments that counter, and there were 30 updates. I would estimate it to be around 40,000-80,000 of unique downloads (and may be even less).

Quite inflated, considering there were something like 30 entries on the changelog, meaning a lot of folks downloaded it quite a few times. But it still is a big number, regardless.

… you all know about the freeware helicopter right ?

Which one?
Gazelle, H135, Mi2, R44, UH-1 or UH60? :slight_smile:

EDIT: And now we have the H34 as well, which I hope someone will do the old RAF SAR, Wessex “yellow Budgie” livery, for.
Sadly the Gazelle has stopped working…

I have the payware H145 from HPG and it’s very good. Msfs is beautiful so if I see something I like I can stop and hover a bit and admire the view. Plus I like things semi realistic and helis can fly almost anywhere, for example take a police helicopter over the City of London, or a tourist flight over just about anywhere. I use the freeware app HErO which I guess is a bit like Neofly but centered on HEMS and coastguard (police and military to come)# this brings a lot more purpose to the sim.

I don’t know if the H145 is realistic I’ve never piloted one (have been in the back of an RAF Merlin at rooftop level over Basrah with the world’s worst hangover but thats another story!). One problem we cannot feel the way the aircraft wants to go so can only react by what we see on the screen or in VR.

2 Likes

Happy Holidays to everyone! I wish everyone a lot of helicopters in 2022! 2022 will be an important year because the developer will add helicopters. I’m excited!

3 Likes

Here is my vote for the helicopters for Microsoft to develop:

H145 - five blade version
H125
AW169
AW139

4 Likes

I hope they have ai because it would be really awesome to see helicopters just buzzing around cities and towns, in every flight sim game we never get ai helicopters

3 Likes

Helicopters don’t works in FSM 2020 Trottle cannot used!

Are you using Airland FS ? Initial figuring out and installing and linking these I found a bit difficult.

The helicopter community is very happy. The development of helicopter physics is fantastic. It’s a pleasure to see the air flow in the tutorial video. This is a great time. Thanks for the developer’s work!

I look forward to receiving the classic helicopter from the Flight Simulator series. The Bell 206 JetRanger has been an iconic helicopter from the beginning.

4 Likes

Looks really impressive :+1:, I think they are on the right track. The flight physics for the helicopters could be really good, keep it up! :helicopter:

1 Like

There is already a 145 and 125, more of the same is meh.
AW139 would be great.

I wish for Bell 407 and MD530F

@hhelikopter4891 did they mention they are doing a 206 in the video? I CBF watching it all.

3 Likes

The development team did not say what types of helicopters would be developed.

I really want to see the Bell 206 JetRanger helicopter in top quality in the simulator.
The Bell 206 JetRanger is an iconic helicopter. It was always present in Flight Simulator series, a must-have piece. The helicopter has a wonderful voice …

FS 98

FS 2004

FSX

In my opinion, the H 145 helicopter is a helicopter of the right quality. The other helicopter accessories are of very poor quality. Flight Simulator requires top quality helicopter models. High quality visual model with great flight dynamics and helicopter physics.

5 Likes

It is quite possible that the Bell 206 is included, but I think the developers are more likely to rely on the current models from the manufacturers of Bell, Airbus, …

In my opinion, the most popular, most widespread helicopters should be made. A few ideas:

Bell helicopter: Bell 206 JetRanger, Bell 407, Bell 429
Mcdonnell Douglas: MD 500E, MD 530F, MD 520 Notary, MD 600
Airbus: H 125, H 135, H 145, H 155, H 160
Robinson: R 22, R 44, R 66

2 Likes

I would very much like to see a 206, good point it seems to have been in all older versions of the sim so maybe we can expect it.
206L variant would be amazing too.

Waaaay keen on a MD500+ of any model.

1 Like

The choice of the helicopters will probably depend on the manufacturers as well. We’ll have to wait and see what’s coming our way.