@RobJLob :
General options
Flight model
Legacy
Full realistic
test one take off
Then, change Flight model to Modern again

@DestroyedBeauty
Don’t you have any problem with the LT and RT keys? For me it stays left or right without returning to the middle. This is most visible when looking at the pedals in cockpit view.

3 Likes

Yes put just little gas, but something is wrong with your control, try to use for example other control like Xbox control or something similar just for test. You just need stabilize it with L or R, in the hard mode and is very easy. Something is very wrong.

For land smoothly, you would have to use the center stick but not only the A and B button, but the power control… It’s at the center stick you will see that it has a power wheel, A and B just down and up but to landing should lower the power and you will notice that it goes down smoothly or up smoothly… With A and B you move the center stick not the wheel… But if you reduce/control the power your landing will be very smoothly. You can use just A and B but is not smoothly because you will move it with all power.

Make sure you have the governor on to control throttle.

This is because of the default heli control bindings. By default if you select the heli profile then the buttons are bound to “increase tail rotor” and “decrease tail rotor”. This means instead of controlling the pedals directly the buttons act like you are trimming. The longer you hold the button the more the pedal gets pressed and it will not return to centre until you press the opposite button.

I think this makes a lot of sense for a controller, it would be very hard to hold a precise pedal position on the buttons, instead you can trim them and be largely hands off.

What I found confusing is that they have the same binding for the hotas on Xbox at least. This means if you press a pedal a little then the sim keeps on increasing the pedal pressure until you let go, and it doesn’t recenter until you push the other pedal through the centreline to back out the pressure it remembered. This is very counter intuitive and unpleasant to use. What happens is you apply a slight pedal pressure to balance the rotors but the sim keeps on increasing it until you are spinning out of control.

Fortunately there is a tail rotor axis mapping, so delete the inc/dec rotor mappings and search for rotor then bind the pedal axis to the right setting. After that it works how it should with the hotas and pedals and it’s great to fly.

same issue, at lift off, it starts to uncontrollably pitch and roll, until the bank angle is around 80° and the main rotor hits the runway.
At the H135 it’s the same if I set the controls from basic to advanced.
No real difference if the assists for tail rotor and collective are on or off (of course, if tail rotor assist is off, I give left rudder to stabilize the spinning).
Is there some input binding crippled that I’m not aware of?

The problem as I see it … Yes helis are hard especially so if you don’t have a long reach collective and cyclic in which case I feel that some assistance is needed. However the only options we have really do make things rather too easy.

May I suggest we have a half setting for both assists?

Am curious to how many people with the oscillations are using legacy flight model and not modern and forgot to switch it back?

1 Like

the modern is the target profile… so may be a profile setting cause that, therefore may be the switch legacy and back to modern helps.

There is a trim function, but currently not like a Trim-button like in e.g. DCS. You need to set Trim for each axis seperatly, there are new shortcuts ( and a new axis ).

be sure you have the assistence settings disabled, which are “on” per default. Lots here are shocked in the first moment :wink:

see here:

YOU ARE MAGICAL!
It works like a charm, didn’t even had to switch back to modern again, it flies so good now^^
Thanks again sir!

But please do switch it back! All MSFS aircraft (Asobo and 3rd party) are designed for the Modern flight model. Leaving it on Legacy will cause all kinds of problems.

3 Likes

Interesting posts…seems like things are working out which is great. I’ll put the 407 through pedal turns, max-crosswind hovers, auto-rotation & intentional vortex ring state etc again tomorrow - Monday (long day here…) One option I thought was an excellent move from the Huey Guy “Taog44” on flightsim.to website (not sponsored - just IMHO) & implemented in the flight model by the excellent AirlandFS guy to support above…options for the ‘spring centered joystick’ adjustment - that makes life WAY more natural for these ‘noisy wing-flingers beating the air into submission 500 rivets at a time’

Thank you!

i keep spinning around when i add power and start going up

You need to counter the rotation with rudder input. Also turn on the helicopter assists (Assistance menu / Piloting)

… …or in real life. :joy:

Well okay, very few use sticks with a dry clutch or FFB. Asobo is more familiar with standard game controllers.

yeah, but real life you have a real stick and not a simple joystick :rofl:

I use currently the seperatly buttons to set the trim, is also okay, but not same as a dedicated trim button :slight_smile:

As I wrote, people like me who don’t use a simple joystick. So who want to simulate with a simulator.

I trim with the stick myself, like in real life. Just to get to the zero position so that the path doesn’t end at some point, I now press around xx times instead of once.

We, the others :wink: , simulate too… but with a “normal” effort and limits :stuck_out_tongue:

And yes, its same in my case. I must press the pitch trim button some times, instead having these “usually existing” one trim-button. I still assume it was for some features not enough time to implement it.

1 Like

yeah, 8 years left :joy: will see… At least 3rd party will fix it.

@Asobo - bingoogle: rotorsim Tutorial Force-Trim

1 Like