Helicopters are hard

[quote=“MichaMMA, post:156, topic:555372, full:true”]

what is the difference between these profiles? i couldn’t change them, the name modern is greyed out.

anyway, i had the time to do a first test of the smaller heli, which is really great!

1 Like

legacy is for the old fsx airplanes… not sure at the moment why you can not choose “modern” , it is the normal flight-model ( its only possible if you are not in a flight, so far I remember )

I have not had this issue you describe. I struggle with the huge variation in pitch on the Xbox controller, without any input - not sure what’s happening there.

Try these binds it really helped me using default controller set.

Hi everyone after trying everything , my problem is fixed ( i use x-box one wireless controller on pc ) !

I unchecked reverse Axis on all and now tried a flight and no crazy reaction from the Hellli lol .

in case it helps and i’m still in modern filght model :wink:

Cheers

Ediit : it’s going crazy again !

Don’t miss to create a new profile for helicopters and use the new proper binding specific to helicopters :

Edit: So with the regular fixed-wing rudder controls the G2 tail rotor seems to work fine. But the Bell doesn’t seem to register left rudder at all.

1 Like

It does otherwise you would be spinning in circles. With the Cabri turning left is always slower than turning right where even an almost neutral pedal position will suffice. Some helis spin the opposite way and the few with counter rotating twin blades don’t need such bias at all.

Edit: getting my helis mixed up

I don’t need helicopters explained to me, this thread has too much of that already.

I get no left movement at all. This is a game issue, not a helicopter issue.

Ok then but I can’t actually see your monitor. I did notice myself that the tail rotor seems underpowered which I presume is realistic and is why I suggested it.

And I would say not many people have ‘game issues’ all to themselves.

I do not believe simulation of the throttle has been implemented in the 407.
Whether that is intentional or a bug/oversight I do not know, but once it is started up and the throttle is moved to idle (or above) using the mouse, the rpm just goes straight to the normal operational level.

Yes, just simulated only and only using mouse, there’s currently no axis binding for it, or at least not found one for the moment …

Set helicopter throttle axis would really be a common axis for helicopters, I.e. it works for he Cabri, but does not appear to have been implemented on the 407. Use of the mouse to set the 407 throttle supports this theory, I.e. the rpm does not actual alter when you move the throttle it is either running at normal rpm or it is not running.

The actual throttle part of the collective’s twist throttle on Bell 407 answers to prop pitch axis and the set helicopter throttle axis. The animation (and cut off) doesn’t though, which seems to have fooled people (including me at first) into thinking it doesn’t work.

However beyond that the throttle is governed from idle to maximum with no way to turn the governor off.

1 Like

You’ll get there. Practice.

Right, though FADEC on MANUAL should allow some more room of adjustment, where it currently doesn’t and further, the auto mode is still active, so no really implementation of RPM management

search for govenor in the commands, theres a bind for it, but it doesnt really seem to make a difference.

Okay this kind of answer is not acceptable. You are not helping. I can confirm there is an issue with gamepads and the new chopper additions. WITH ALL ASSISTS ON, power
up, lift off, Yoke forward slightly and the chopper starts crabbing. This is with wind off. You add some tail rotor left to correct and the chopper pitches over and you are upside down on the ground. Instead of bringing the tail around as expected with assists on, it tilts the entire chopper over in a roll. If you add Right tail rotor the chopper violently spins and you cannot recover. Even a little. Feathering the controls is causing the chopper to fly erratically no matter how light the touch. There is a definite problem with the gamepads and choppers. And BTW, with my HOTAS it’s fine. So tell me how I don’t know what I am doing? So sick of people like this in “Community Help Forums”. Toxic af. People are here looking for help not for demeaning comments.

2 Likes

I know it’s a bug and I apologise if my comment came across as toxic. But please take a look at the context of my post, and at the comment I replied too. Is it not toxic to imply that Asobo did something on purpose to make people “sad”?

I’m always happy to help if someone seeks out help. But just venting and accusing Asobo of trying to give people a bad experience isn’t that.

Yeah the governor on/off seems to do nothing whatsoever on the Bell (not even operate the FADEC button on the left side of the instrument panel). Pressing the FADEC button with a mouse causes some lights to flash up, but it doesn’t seem to have effect beyond that.