Help, stops loading any plane after 3/4 blue loading line

i don’t. If you say it’s happening for the past two days that would make the XBOX Service theory the most logical and likely cause…

Not much helpful information but if it’s any consolation my sim rarely stops loading/crashes but if it does it’s 3/4 loaded about to spawn in.

Half way when loading the program and three quarters spawning are the two breath holding points for some reason.

I cannot add much to what already has been said except that I alsohave had the problem of the loading bar stopping at about 75% and not progressing any further. It is only today that this has occurred, yesterday and all days previous there has not been a problem. I tried DurstigeDirne’s suggestion of turning off the Online Function and by doing that the program would load OK and you can fly the selected aircraft. However, as has been said, this is not the solution…

If you’re running an Intel CPU, make sure you are not using the integrated GPU…not even in the background. Get into the BIOS and make sure your dedicated graphics card is set as your primary display hardware. In the OS, in your display settings, ensure you don’t have any multi-monitor features enabled (duplicate desktop, extend desktop, etc.) There should be an option to only display through your dedicated GPU. Use that.

I noticed earlier today that my sim would not load into the flight past about 75% on the blue bar. After some digging I discovered that my IGPU was set to duplicate the desktop. I’m not sure what suddenly made that particular configuration stop working, but making sure my DGPU was the only rendering hardware being used by changing the settings I listed above cleared it up.

10700K @ 5.1 all
3060TI (full power and voltage, but +0 on clocks)
32 GB 3600 Trident Neo
All in-game settings maxed
Vsync locked at 30fps in-game to unload CPU and prevent screen-tearing
DSR @ 4k, 70% render scaling, 1080p monitor

Hi Grabber
Thanks, verified and OK but does not load more than 75% and then stops.
Peter

Do you guys love it when somebody posts a completely nonsense solution to a common problem, based on his own idiosyncratic, unscientific experience, which really cannot possibly work, accompanied by his own bogus theory of why it supposedly does?

Well you’re in luck, because here I come! I offer this with the disclaimer that it only “appears” to work for me, in that I have not had a freeze at about 60% of the loading screen since I started doing it. Here goes:

IMPOSSIBLE SOLUTION: There are three ways to enter a flight from the world map: Click the yellow FLY button, press Ctrl-Enter, or highlight and click at the bottom where it says “[Ctrl]+[Enter} FLY.” Only use the last of these methods. Just in my own experience, I haven’t had CTDs when doing this, and believe me, my Community folder is as full of old junk as anyone’s.

REASON WHY IT’S NONSENSE: Obviously clicking “[Ctrl}+[Enter] FLY” should do exactly the same thing as clicking the yellow FLY button or pressing [Ctrl]+[Enter].

BOGUS THEORY WHY IT WORKS: Since SU5 and the Xbox launch, a number of things in the comment elements of the sim have been adapted to work for Xbox and, as a result, broken for PC. Clicking the [Ctrl]+[Enter]+FLY area is how you would load a flight on Xbox. So even though the 3 ways of starting a flight should be the same, the Xboxy one works best, and has broken the others.

That’s it… Have fun finding out that it doesn’t work and flaming me!

One serious point. I notice that several people on this thread report different amounts of progress on the progress bar before hanging. The way progress bars usually work, that indicates people are having different issues, and there will be no one-size-fits-all answer. In other words, your crash at a 75% on the progress bar is different than mine at 60%, because the progress bar advances when each stage of the load is completed, so your game was doing a different thing than mine when it choked. Some games even tell you what they are doing at each stage of the progress bar rather than tell you where to find Montblanc, which can give you a better clue what it was doing when it swooned.

3 Likes

You would make a great snake oil salesman……only kidding :wink:

Actually I will try that

Just something else my FBW developer version CTD as I click to fly since I updated it this morning so I installed the stable version and that seems ok as on a flight now but the lights and EFB don’t work on it , also since SU5 I CTD when clicking fly after loading a flight plan at payware and some freeware airports, very strange and frustrating

Hi KB5083
Thanks.
[Ctrl]+[Enter]+FLY also does not work.

Peter

I literally had to remove ALL add ons from the marketplace in order to stop this from happening… the add ons that are not Asobo or Microsoft

Hi all

I put a ticket at Zendesk.

Peter

That worked but I did reinstall 457.30 driver

My issue is I getting 50% frames that I was getting before even with the latest driver that happened on a couple of flights over the weekend

I think the FBW A320 is causing these issues as if I fly any other aircraft (stock) my sim is fine

Oops post meant for you

Thanks Peter, guess we just have to sit around now and wait to see if anything happens. Maybe the 7 September update will provide a solution, here’s hoping anyway. :thinking:

make sure you have checked your mods whether they caused it or not. For me it was a mod for more diverse tree size and colour that kept it from loading in.

Please vote here. You are not alone.
Sim Freezes When Trying to Load into Airports/Airfields - Bugs & Issues / CTDs - Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums

1 Like

It will be fixed in SU6 Oct.
https://devsupport.flightsimulator.com/questions/2196/sim-freezes-when-loading-around-60-with-3rd-party.html?page=3&pageSize=10&sort=oldest

1 Like

Having same problem as reported by many others. All was fine before SU5 update. Now cannot fly from KSEA because loading stops after about 50%. In Community folder, currently have only latest FSUIP7 module, Navigraph Charts and AIRAC Cycle 2109 rev. 2. Nothing else. However, just completed a flight from KPSC to KSFO in the default Cessna Longitude with no problems, so this may be related to the departure airport. Want to report so this will come to the attention of those who can resolve it.

Have you tried setting a different parking spot or runway at the offending airport?

I have not tried a different parking spot, but have tried other aircraft. Currently have been using KSEA runway 16L or 16C. After the loading failure, where I have to use Task Manager to close FS2020, it comes up with the Safe Mode or Normal options when I start the sim. Will try starting at GA parking or a gate, but do not think it will work.

I get that also.

Usually, the only way that I can stop it is to shutdown my PC and then start again.

Happens random. I can’t determine the cause.
I’ve tried many things.