High End PC Low End FPS

Okay I’m lost, what do you mean open profile?

Go check YouTube. There are literally hundreds of post about 1440p limiting the 3080.

Uninformed buys…shezzzz

1 Like

Even though I do not own a 3080 from what I have seen when the sim is limited by the GPU the fps tends to much higher at least on my setup. Big unoptimized handcrafted airport still tells me I am limited by GPU with low fps but what’s odd my GPU temps and core clock drops.

I’m CPU bottlenecked here. Unplayable at some airports, but usually its awesome.

3700X @ 4.2 GHz
32GB RAM
RTX 3080 FE

I think pretty much everyone is CPU bottlenecked .Much worse on weaker cpus.I run an 2060super with an i5 8400 on 1440p and the CPU is the main culprit to my performance dips. When the CPU is free of resources the sim runs 40+fps almost stutter free.
I noticed the fps dip is very noticeable shortly after touchdown in the a320. @Sabena321140 saben321140 Good results when the burden is off of the cpu.

1 Like

I flew into KLAX and it was awful. GPU usage dropped to 0 for seconds at a time.

Especially considering my 3700X is definitely not a low end chip lol and it’s OC’d to 4.2 GHz

1 Like

Sheesh, 20? Then I’m glad I’m getting 50-60 with just a 9700 and 2070 super

Here is LAX forget about the fps look at the GPU utilization,the performance got much worse when the camera faced the terminal

Sure you don’t get 50-60fps in the same scenario

I’m being honest while you’re not. There is zero chance that you are getting 50-60 FPS landing the A320 at Ohare with Ultra settings.

1 Like

Why is it weird? He’s got everything cranked to the max, and we’re discovering that there are multiple factors involved in these performance issues. It is taking 85ms to render what needs to be rendered in under 16ms to achieve 60fps. There’s ongoing discussions on the mainthread limits, which perhaps will be addressed with a move to DirectX 12; we’ve separately realized that the game is caching thousands of data points for AI and ground vehicles and that’s causing framerate issues, too.

So, we’re all here trying to bring our perspectives; all of these are factors that slow down the game. Even if we come here to “run around advertising for your thread”, it all adds up to performance issues that affect all of us - even those with the latest and greatest graphics card. For all you know, the discussions in the other threads could well be pertinent here, unless you know something we don’t.

Heating issue? Are you sure you are not being throttled?

Yes,me too.
I have the Zion National Park scenery in my community folder,but not actully run that area.but the result is
low FPS (8 to 13 )and very long load time from the begining of the sim.
And if you active DEV mode,it always shown "Limited by CPU"whit a long “coherent GT draw”.
So maybe you have add a poor optimized add-on.remove them will be ok.

Do we think the new AMD CPU’s will deliver a major improvement here?

It’s not the GPU that’s the problem. Throwing more GPU power at MSFS is not going to increase your FPS because the game is CPU limited.

The CPU can’t send frames to render to the GPU fast enough because it’s bogged down. A powerful GPU is just going to be idling most of the time.

This affects everyone at the moment and only Asobo can fix it. I feel like a stuck record with how much I’ve repeated this, but I’ll say it again, the sim uses modern CPUs inefficiently. It doesn’t distribute work across the cores well, blocking operations on the main thread etc.

In the case of MSFS, a more powerful GPU only really helps with higher resolutions. It’s actually not that heavy on the GPU at 1080p Ultra.

1 Like

Got my 3080 yesterday, coming from 1070. Also running 3440x1440.

Also got bad FPS. GPU utilization sits at 45% with everything Ultra.

It would seem some of the graphic options are heavily CPU bound.

I did the optimize from from Geforce experience, lesser quality (bumped a few things after and res), and it getting better FPS. GPU utilization sits at around 60% now.

My CPU is sitting pretty idle. Game uses about 20%. (i7 7820X)

1 Like

Haha i build my own PC’s too and no definitely not plugged into the motherboard. But thanks for the feedback cos i’m sure it does happen. :+1:t2:

Hi, yea i have ai @100% and airport traffic/objects etc @ 50%. I have already tried turning it all off and even totally offline and still the same FPS in the same area.

Well i was actually wonder if this might be the case. Thanks for the feedback :+1:t2: