Honeycomb Bravo Throttle Quadrant arrived today, need to configure settings out of box

Having trouble mapping key combinations. Tried scanning and also selecting from dropdown. After validating, the box remains blank.

You have to move the selector knob out of the position, then hit validate. For example to set up decrease altitude do this:

1. Put the selector knob on VS
  2. Hit scan input
  3. Rotate the selector knob to ALT
  4. Rotate the right knob to the left
  5. Rotate the selector knob back to VS
  6. Hit validate

Then it will stick. You have to do the same thing for each of the five switches twice, once for increment and once for decrement. Note that I have been unable to get VOR OBS1 to work, if you can let me know!

2 Likes

Yep, I noticed the same too. There were som duplicate bindings on the selection know. For instance, selecting VS would be bound to both ā€˜Set VSā€™ & the engage VS function. I removed the later but keeps the first, as it is used in conjunction with the increase/decrease commands on the right rotary.

1 Like

Iā€™ll give it a go tonight trying just the set VS + increment/decrement, without the double-button binding Iā€™m currently using. If all thatā€™s required is removing the engage VS binding (plus similar for the other positions) thatā€™s definitely an easier cleanup of the default profile.

1 Like

NMā€¦got it. If anyone else is interested, you need to start the scan, move the left dial to the correct position, then move the right dial so it registers, THEN move the left dial one more time so the background turns dark grey. I tried a bunch of other combinations, and this is what worked.

Is there a video tutorial on how to properly map the Bravo throttle? I am suffering all sorts of issues (such as 10x input) and Iā€™m not sure what should be blamed on my Alpha yoke or Bravo throttle.

10x input is a known bug, unless you want emote all button mapping completely, or use third party products like FSUIPC, youā€™ll have to wait for a fix from Asobo.

Iā€™m not aware of a video tutorial. Hereā€™s the written steps: Honeycomb Bravo Throttle Quadrant arrived today, need to configure settings out of box.

The problem is both your yoke and your throttle.

For anyone who hasnā€™t yep add their vote to the thread below, please do. Letā€™s try and get these bugs fixed.

2 Likes

Thank you for taking the time to write this. Very helpful. Hopefully this can help until FS2020 gets their act together.

2 Likes

To those who have received you TQ. Did you get any advanced notice it was going to be delivered? I ordered 9-02-2020, and the latest email from HC says the 3-4 week of December, hoping itā€™s early. I have watched part of the SimHanger on YouTube for configuration, but the drivers for this unit are supposed to be out or nearly out. I will check HC website for them. And do you like the unit, was it worth the money, was it hard to get used to using it, and are you left seat use (on the right) or right seat (one the left) for use. I mostly use JS, and itā€™s on the right side of desk, but was planning on putting new Virpil Grip/unit on the left with TQ in the middle/right of that. I will order the VIRPIL rudder pedals in Late January, and the HC Yoke unit will not be available until sometime in March according to their e-mail, so assuming summer 21 before I can get that.

Yes, I got a ship notice with a tracking number.

Yes, despite all the stupid bugs and poor default config you need to work around in FS2020.

No

Of course. I ainā€™t no co-pilot!

Thank you. Last e-mail said 3rd to 4th week in DEC. I ordered 9-2-2020. Doctor said today, partially torn tendon in right hand thumb. MRI on 16th, and last week in DEC for determination on if anything can be done. Hurt it building large sized brick retaining wall. Old age is not for sissys. So that injury has gotten more painful all summer, even wearing a brace. So when TQ arrives, itā€™s most likely going to stay boxed up until hand situation is resolved as well as the Virpil Grip and base which also should be in around them. Wow, what an xmas present.

I did get an advanced notice from Honeycomb, but I got an even earlier notice before it physically shipped from FedEx Delivery Manager when the shipping label was created.

It was from Lantau Island, Hong Kong and I figured it was the Honeycomb Bravo. In the shipment commodity information on FedEx it also showed ā€œBRAVO THROTTLE QUADRANTā€ in the description.

FedEx Delivery Manager is free to use and itā€™s pretty useful too. You just have to sign up for it and confirm that you live at your address.

I guess I messed up by ordering in JULY from mypilotstoreā€¦ have not heard a peep from them since orderingā€¦ who knows when they will receive and start shipping.

Have you tried contacting them?

I also ordered from Mypilotstore 7/26 and have heard nothingā€¦

Iā€™m getting a weird issue where when I have my Bravo throttle plugged in and flying the King Air, all my avionics randomly turn off a few minutes into flight and I cant turn them back on. Happens during a cold start, starting on the runwayā€š or the air. Anyone else having this issue?

1 Like

Sounds like the magnetos left in the starter position on your yolk and thus battery drain.

Check both generators are on, and both starter switches are off.