Horizon line visible through mountains and objects

In VR the line is much thicker and is ugly and distracting. This was an annoyance in 2d but a massive issue on the Index.

1 Like

Theyā€™ve removed it from the list of bugs, so itā€™s not going to be fixed. Apparently itā€™s ā€œtoo much workā€ to fix it.

1 Like

This tag has been marked feedback-logged, meaning they have logged in in their system.

Yes, and it also appears on the Feedback Snapshot as ā€œnot plannedā€ and has for months now, so although they have logged it they have also publicly stated that they wonā€™t be fixing it.

https://www.flightsimulator.com/feedback-snapshot/

See the ā€œBugs - Lifetimeā€ list, item 5:

#05 ā†‘ 646 votes Horizon Line Visible Through Mountains and Objects Not Planned

3 Likes

Just another baked in bug, like the drone camera roll. Fixing some bugs is hard, really hard, but why bother fluffing things up elsewhere when thereā€™s a black line running through screen and when you switch to drone damera it has reached 45 degrees roll? Modern stance, never mind the quality, feel the widthā€¦ because maybe thatā€™s what most punters want these days?

1 Like

What would even cause this? Is it the priority of scenery stacked upon one another, ocean first, then terrain, then texturing? Could it be something to do with depth of field? Iā€™m genuinely curious.

Definitely still there after most recent updateā€¦ You canā€™t unsee it

1 Like

Just found this threat. Sad that this hasnā€™t been fixed. This should have high priority.

3 Likes

In Alaska, where the sun never gets very high in the sky in winter, itā€™s quite prominent, especially in VR.

2 Likes

not planned?
how? destroys the immerions .

1 Like

I have the same issue. I thought it was something wrong my graphic cards. I Canā€™t believe that not only hasnā€™t this been fixed by now, but apparently Asobo think this is a non-issue and donā€™t intent to do anything about it?

2 Likes

Tenerife is also cut up

5 Likes

I noticed it once I went vr with my reverb g2 and I thought it was my lenses.

Must be embarrassing for the Devs to see this during the loading screens!
I hope this is addressed in 2023, no matter how ā€œdeep in the codeā€ it is, it is a massive issue that needs rectifying.

10 Likes

I saw this issue tonight as I was flying on my laptop instead of my PC. I thought my GPU was artifacting as well, it killed the immersion so I turned off the sim and my laptop and said nope. lol

Please fix it in the next update Asobo/Microsoft for 2023.

Thank you!

This may have been mentioned later than this, but itā€™s the only mention of it I can find at the moment.

https://youtu.be/sdhEbrNsBF0?t=1185

1 Like

Is a fix for this bug still ā€œNot Plannedā€

The last official response we had was that it was so tightly integrated into the graphics engine that removing it would likely involve rewriting a lot of it. It was in one of the dev. videos, but I forget which.

2 Likes

The opening video for WU12 on the Flight Simulator home page has the line going right through the middle of Milford Sound.

1 Like