Horizon line visible through mountains and objects

My experience in sim was this, and the screenshot I posted is supposed to show that… lots of lines. But it doesn’t come through great. It looks worse LOL. And no, it is not your PC!

[quote=“Dalwhat, post:81, topic:176021”]
this is the least of the issues this game needs addressing and certainly doesn’t warrant the number of votes it has attracted. Hopefully[/quote]

That’s solely your opinion. And as far as Asobo looking into it it’s probably a very simple fix as it only happens in certain dawn/dusk settings. Of course it’s not the top issue to address, no one said it is, but it’s place in the queue is not your call either way.

1 Like

This horizon line across the mountains is really killing the immersion :frowning:

2 Likes

I’ve noticed this line also appears in official US world update trailer

1 Like

I’m not sure its “the” line, but there is certainly a line there:

That ones looks a little low to be the horizon, though.

1 Like

Maybe it’s a secret way left on purpose by Asobo to tell which frame is sim and which is real life

2 Likes

It seems it appears all over the planet (I went to US, France and Peru). It looks like in the pics below and it seems more prevalent on the opposite side of the sun and in some combination with the terrain features maybe because they don’t appear continuously in the same flight. IIRC something similar was reported in Alpha and sorted somehow?
PS I run Ultra settings 4k (hence my low-ish FPS)

I think this is an old problem, where that line appears on the horizon even if clouds are not present. You can see it through mountains, trees etc.

It reminds me of an old X-Plane problem related to enabling SSAO. Backing off to HDR only removed the graphical artifacts.

I’ve not played around with the MSFS settings to see if it can be removed by reducing the visual quality.

Weird enough topic not yet closed due to duplicate thread. There are zillions of same topic out there and we got no solution yet.

Unbelievable!
I have never experienced this particular phenomenon, but I cannot believe that this is STILL rumbling on!
Somebody, ANYBODY, help these guys [noun. Informal. Non gender specific] out!

It’s very easy to re-create. I just spawned to LOWI, then started playing with the time. Here’s a shot from above facing South East, with no line present.

Now we adjust the time to early morning, to 8AM.

You can get more extreme, ugly versions of this as well. Here’s 7:41:

And here is 7:37:

You can see there is a very small window, of literally a few minutes, where this line can be seen.

These were all set at Ultra defaults, with motion blur disabled. I tried lowering the settings to the “Low End” default, and the line persists.

1 Like

I am hoping the horizon line goes away soon…

Now that’s a severe case of horizon line. And that’s some paintjob!

After so many patches it remained intact and well
survived and it still seems like it will never go away soon.

1 Like

Same problem here… very anoying

I’m not tired to say after each update : “It’s still there after the latest update”

3 Likes

It’s on their list of known issues, but not going to be addressed any time soon. At least it’s just listed as “backlog” right now.

I guess you meant to say that there is a small window where it CANNOT be seen? Or maybe you are just referring to sunset/sunrise times, because otherwise I see it almost always there, like my f… conscience. There are screenshots above that show it basically at any time of the day and I’m sure if the moon was slightly brighter we would see the line at night too.

I mean what I wrote, and illustrated in my images. There are a couple of minutes where the lighting makes the horizon line very obvious, and it is something like 3-4 minutes. One of my images a minute later does not show the line at all.

It is dependent on what is in the background, amongst other things. I was just showing that it was easy to make it very obvious, and stand out as a clear rendering issue.

the small time-window where you can realy see these line, can you see here too:

For this I searched a while to find a good place that I can depict this “line”. Former I never noticed this line. :wink: Therefore it is low prio issue.

1 Like