Horizon line visible through mountains and objects

Yes, it’s a rendering engine issue… but nothing’s unsolvable. After all they wrote the engine into existence.
Hopefully it’ll get solved soon

3 Likes

Very visible horizon line lol - defo needs an urgent fix! Still beautiful as always anyway.

It’s rather a game killer for me as well. There are many aircraft to fly. Some are better or more accurate or less buggy than others. You can always switch to a different plane or often look for a mod that addresses an issue with one aircraft or another. This is an entirely different category, It goes against the main focus of the sim which by it’s nature is graphically focused. It’s sim-wide (meaning I can’t change a setting or get a fix for it or upgrade my hardware to resolve it). It’s been in since before launch. It utterly scars what is otherwise a beautiful piece of programming and the worst offense being it’s not even being addressed in any way shape or form. If it’s not fixable, shame on you Asobo, but at least let us know. I mean what is the point of coming out with graphical advances such as world updates only to have them ruined by a graphical artifact running the length of your screen?

1 Like

Why is this is still an issue 8 months after release. Surely it should have been fixed by now? It’s definitely an immersion killer.

5 Likes

I’ve no clue what causes this, but I know I had the same problem with X-Plane 11 and I never could resolve it. I still have it in MSFS2020. Therefore I voted.

They mentioned during the Q&A it’s a limitation of the current atmospheric simulation system which they’re planning on redoing but will take a long time, maybe 6 months.

1 Like

And it’s been 8 lol

Do you remember if they said that this limitation specifically causes this problem or spoke only generically about atmospheric simulation?

1 Like

I also noticed this problem. Glad I’m not the only one.

1 Like

No, its like 2 weeks ago. So you have to wait…

Think I’m misunderstanding you. They’ve known about this major graphical artifact since August. Not sure where you get “2 weeks” from

I’d like to point out that the Feedback Snapshot has been updated to show that this will be fixed in 2022. Seems like they found out what’s causing this, but it’s a complex solution.

1 Like

I don’t think this is a “damning issue”. Actually, what is a damning issue when it’s at home?

1 Like

I’m sure they’ve always been aware of it, it was extremely apparent in the early gameplay footage as well (particularly the X019 trailer). They probably had no idea what’s causing this, but now they do albeit it’s going to be a difficult fix.

As someone who loves flying in the mountains, I too would prefer to see this issue solved sooner, although I think the mountain/coastline issues introduced with the USA & UK World Updates are a lot worse. But I must admit that I’ve never seen the horizon line looking as bad as that first screenshot.

One that is so plainly obvious that it deserves better attention than to be pushed back to 2022 and possibly beyond!

2 Likes

How do you know they know?! They’ve just thrown up next year on the Bug List and that’s it, it’s not even being looked at yet which i find remarkable when it’s so…as above…plainly obvious.
One for the next Q&A i think…

I’ve read somewhere that the bug has something to do with atmospheric simulation, which doesn’t sound like something that can be fixed overnight.

1 Like

Its seems to be made more apparent with the new Orbx NZ Mesh, oh well hopefully we get a fix one day.

Just adding to the gripes. What a silly thing to not sort out. Madagascan view a bit spoilt. You need to zoom the image to see it 1 for 1 size.

This is an issue for sunset pictures :slightly_frowning_face: had one yesterday (looking into Madeira water issues)

When I notice the line, most times the sea horizon is near. It seems to coincide with that. Only with certain shadowy or shallow lighting by the sun… the contrast is most clear when the angle of the sun causes downhill slopes to get shallow light…