How many CTDs do you have per number of Flights? Lets compare?

Since updating my chipset driver and the frea*in daily windows updates, no more CTDs going on for half a month now!

Iā€™m using different servers and never get CTDā€™s. Some people have CTDā€™s all the time regardless of server. Also servers are running on identical software, only their geographical location is a variable. Also if you think about it, it doesnā€™t make sense that a server causes a CTD on your system. It being a local hardware/software issue is way more likely.

And it doesnā€™t have to be faulty hardware or software, it is probably the sim having a problem with certain setups. Being compatible with all kinds of hardware combinations is very hard in software development for PC. There are a lot of variables even without any mod installed, and then comes different mods which bring even mode compatibility issues.

I almost never get CTDs. Once in a random while itā€™ll happen but itā€™s so infrequent I couldnā€™t say the last time it happened.

Never had a CTD !

Zero CTD in 280 hours of play.

Please state your system specs :slight_smile:

Since this game released, I just got CTD one time.

I have got around 4 or 5 CTDs since the start (not counting betas). Some caused by the old USB disconnect bug. And I have played 200hrs I think.

R5 3600 / RTX 2060super / 32gb RAM / not overclocked

I had no CTDs until earlier this year after which I wasnā€™t able to fly for more than five minutes without me a CTD. After hours of troubleshooting I realized my video card was failing and replaced it. I have not had any CTDs since the new video card went in. The clue to it all was that at some point my monitor started displaying static when turning it back on after leaving the computer turned on with the monitor off. To get rid of the static I had to unplug and reconnect the HDMI cable.

I get a CTD every couple of days, pretty much always when ending a flight and usually when transitioning from VR back to 2D. As this happens when I am usually finishing up simming anyway, sometimes after flying for 3+ hours with no issue, itā€™s no big deal but it would be nice if it stopped happening.

Still just 2.

Just had CDT flying on the south coast of UK I heard a bang then CDT on average around 4 a week flying every day.

• Between August and October (with a PC setup below minimum requirements) I have no CTDs whatsoever

• Between October and November I had about 5 CTDs in approximately 10 flights and the root cause was probably FSUIPC although not 100% sure, as the issue eventually went away a few updates later (in both addons and MSFS itself)

• Between November and March 8th I had zero CTDs with an upgraded PC setup using a 7-year old GPU (again below minimum requirements)

• Between March 8th (when I installed a brand new 6800XT) and the 20th or so, I had a couple of CTDs before I found a workaround which made things super stable: using Radeon Adrenaline to Manual Tuning, with custom settings only for max fan speed and power limit and everything else set to disabled. Up until that time I had logged around 300 hours of happy flying (probably around 350 if you count the few CTDs of October and also some hours I lost because I was accidentally flying in dev mode for over a week).

• Between March 20th and today I must have got a million CTDs or more, even after 2 Windows reinstallations (with all updates), 3 MSFS reinstallations, 15 different versions of AMD GPU and Chipset drivers (after clean installs), switching BIOS default O/C and XMP on and off, trying the dozens of official and unofficial workarounds that are out there (and some more).

After March 20th Iā€™ve had CTDs with just about every single error you can think of (usually GPU driver timeout followed by vcruntime140.dll), Iā€™ve had CTD loops in the main menu when the game would crash every time while transitioning from the loading screens to main menu (like 10 times in a row), Iā€™ve had CTDs during taxiing, Iā€™ve had CTDs while exiting flights and returning to main menu, Iā€™ve had CTDs in various legs of the flight, Iā€™ve had CTDs when I was in the main menu and I was alt-tabā€™ing back to Windows (but not when I had first loaded a flight and then alt-tabā€™ed back to Windows) and so on. There was no pattern really or something I could replicate at will, just erratic CTD upon random CTD.

The only workarounds that seem to have positively helped was to disable Xbox Game Bar and sometimes to launch a different game which inexplicably breaks the CTD main menu loop (while a Windows restart canā€™t rectify this). No idea whatā€™s going on but I highly doubt itā€™s a hardware issue, as every other game works fine with zero CTDs, only MSFS crashes in every way possible. Possibly some crazy conflict between MSFS, the specific GPU or its AMD drivers and Windows. At this point Iā€™m pretty sure itā€™s an MSFS thing, because thereā€™s no evidence to the contrary, everything else is working perfectly fine.

The 120+ votes in Crash to desktop without error message within the last 30-40 days suggest Iā€™m not alone in this, so hopefully weā€™ll see something in the next sim update (after all Asobo themselves have flagged this specfic thread as fix ā€œASAPā€).

I suspect that many (most?) consistent CTDs are generally related to newer systems and sometimes VR, because there are plenty of users with Big Navis such as 6800/6900 who complain about crashes while I canā€™t really recall trending comments by many fellow simmers with older cards. With my ancient R9 290X I had zero GPU-related CTDs.

Iā€™ve had a few major issues but CDT has not been one of them. The worse has been this ā€œPackagesā€ mess, a full month of trying to get the initial program to download last year and my laptopā€™s dual wireless card not letting Bluetooth and WIFI to play nice together. I may have had a major crash but only once.

My laptop system is basic; a minimal GTX 1060, no VR, an XBox controller, mouse and only one community folder entry (the F-15).

@Archimedes2977, you got lucky to find one! What did you get?

I had three CTDs, all three were from community folder mods that were incompatible with VR rendering.

I hate to say it since I know people are paying top dollar for previous-gen video cards, but I got really extra lucky and managed to find an RTX3080.

@Archimedes2977, byte me lolā€¦ Iā€™m at the point that Iā€™m not even looking for a 3080, Iā€™m gonna hold out for a 3080ti or Super (if they ever become real, and I can find one at MSRP that is). So maybe around 2024, 2025 maybe?

2 or 3 in the first months after release

None at all unless you count me accidently closing the window