How many hours have you flown so far?

Watch the taxiways, like a roller coaster. Slow going…

1 Like

Just curious as to how do you guys accumulate flying hours when the Sim freezes on flight loading 60% of the time?

Almost at 700 hours in the game one more flight tonight will put me over 700 hours

1 Like

No idea, but over 3000, sim stopping logging my flights over 6 months ago. :frowning:

I’m about 1030 hours. I recently earned my Wing Commander achievement.

3 Likes

450 hours in FS2020 - more than 6000 hours since FS95

1 Like

2306 hours atm

for those using dev mode like me with which hours don’t get tracked, just open your profile in the xbox app on pc and click microsoft flight simulator.
it shows days and hours.

About 930 hours, closer to 1000!

1 Like

Again, when using the app for Xbox or steam that shows how many hours the software has been running. Not how long you’ve logged in flight hours. So it shows how long you sit in menus, updates and decided which plane and where to fly. This does not log flight time.

Currently I have around 1,050 hours in flight time. But the Xbox app shows 91days 12hours 46mins. That’s 2,196 hours the sim has been running.

I’m not sure why this is a hard concept to grasp for some of y’all

2 Likes

It’s surprising that every time I see this comparison (game time Vs actual flight time) it’s always about 50%. Mine is the same. I think that is a pretty good average for everyone. Pretty mad that we spend that much time not playing :rofl:

1 Like

i am not the type to idle around in any menu so it’s accurate in my case

You missed the point.

The numbers you’re looking at take into account from when you start your sim, sit in loading screens, load a flight, sit in loading screens… You think adding that extra time into your “wheels up and wheels down” flight times is accurate? :laughing:

1 Like

It’s not just menus and loading screens. Flight time is wheels off the ground to wheels back on the ground. All of that time starting from cold and dark, taxiing, etc none of that counts in flight time.

A factor of 2 is probably pretty good for most people, unless they start and immediately jump into an F16 on the runway, or do lots of cold and dark short hops in complex airliners.

Or unless they are on xbox. My flight time is going up twice as fast now I’m on PC, I reckon the factor was more like 4 times game time to recorded flight time with my xbox because so many of my flights ended up with CTD and thus didn’t get counted.

2 Likes

Apparently the bug where your in game logbook eventually locks up after you build up too many flights will be fixed in the next sim update in September.

so the single minute of me starting my sim and loading in makes it a wildly different number?
my sim never took more than 2-3 minutes to fully start my flight.

downloads in the content manager aside ofc, but those went over 300-400mbits as well kinda so didn’t take long.

Again you’re missing the point here.

A logbook for a pilot is supposed to log your in air Pilot in Control/Charge time. By your reasoning pilots would start logging time when they enter the FBO parking lot. Before walk around, before static removals, before oil check, before even opening the door of the aircraft you’d be logging “in air, wheels up to wheels down flight time?”

The fact you want to argue about this proves your ignorance. Have fun logging your “software run time” as your flight time. You’re wrong and you’re lying to yourself, simple as that. :man_facepalming:t2:

1 Like

i fully understand what you mean, no need to resort to rubish attacks.
But like i also said, in MY CASE it’s pretty much accurate.
unless you mean full air time excluding C&D till the runway, then no.

Anyway it never meant anything to me, i am always 24/7 in developer mode so i have 0 hours logged in 3 years.
I am fairly certain that i have over 2000 hours air time tho :slight_smile:

Yup and many people have had their logbooks completely stop working. And many folks here have gone to great lengths to track their own flight hours accurately. Stop watches and excel sheets or data logging software. That’s why it’s frustrating when someone negates the facts and assumes the software run time on the Xbox app is a sufficient way of logging your Flight hours. :man_shrugging:t2:

It’s a rough estimate if you calculate it yourself kinda going by how much you spend setting up etc, still better than 0 data.
but i get what you mean.

It is an interesting question.

The game logs all time your aircraft is in the air.

In a real aircraft that logged time is the time you are PIC or co-pilot at the controls even if you are an autopilot, as it should, as you are still on duty keeping a watchful eye, or at least should be.

The in-game logbook however logs the time your aircraft is flying, even if you put it on auto pilot and left the house and popped next door for coffee for an hour.