How many hours have you flown so far?

Maybe some flight hours were recorded while on a 12 hour flight, on autopilot and away at work ?
Imagine that …

1 Like

Not enough is my total flight time.

When I do fly all but a couple of hours have been hands on stick.

Those couple of hours were to refly for the third time sections of a flight from Reykjavik to Edinburgh due to game crashes on final approach.

Non-steam version. My logbook stopped logging at 3133 hours back in February. Any flights after that would simply replace the last flightbin the book. PC burned out in June and with new PC i have 400 hours. If i had to guess, i probabky would total around 3700. And yes, before you ask, I do have a lot of free time on my hands

3 Likes

Sorry to hear about the logbook loss. That should have come across to the new PC via the cloud saves.

On the positive side the bug that stops recording new flights after you reach a certain number of flights is apparently scheduled to be fixed in the next sim update.

Ticked over to this today :mantelpiece_clock: :cyclone: :face_with_spiral_eyes: :arrow_double_down:

2 Likes

Just crossed over 300 hours so far, on Xbox Series X using controller exclusively

2 Likes

I made it to 3458 and loving it…things have been running pretty good lately…great work MSFS…

2 Likes

1208 hours.

(The other one, DCS, has about ~500h, but is not yet installed.)

You cannot use the numbers provided by Steam, that is how long the application has been running, not how many flight hours you actually have.

Somewhere around 3000-3500, but the logbook stopped tracking months ago…. 1900+ hours on VATSIM…

You are right. Subtract 10 hours caused by updates and world packs downloading :smiley:

More like 50% :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

This has been my experience for myself and from other posters.

It’s about half of what Steam says.

1 Like

170 so far, but lost 40 a year ago after an update.

200 hours keeping in mind that the logbook wasn’t tracking helo flights at all until more recently. Over the life of the FS and P3D franchise, untold thousands since FS2000 and CFS2!

Just got 2000 hours. Mostly flying Cessna’s, Islanders, Warriors …

4 Likes

Given that I hit the logbook bug, when it gets to a certain size then can’t be updated, at 1272 hours, my guess is for users that have 2000-3000+ hours have been doing some really long flights. Mine tend to average around 1-2 hours I think. I have just under 5000 landings I think.

And 7,500 take-offs = 2,500 crashes? :stuck_out_tongue:

5 Likes

:slight_smile:

Another issue that has been around forever, where your landings are almost always counted, but your takeoffs aren’t unless you follow along with ATC, and the status of the flight i.e. requesting taxi, announcing take off etc.