[HOW-TO] Graphics Settings and Performance Guide - Discussion Thread

Hi,

Thanks for this awesome guide…
Would it be possible to add an extra section for recommended “NVIDIA Control Panel” settings ?

Keep up the good work

2 Likes

nothing worth changing in nvcpl. stock is reccomended for me.

Sorry but your sreenshot language in uncomprehensible

[quote="[HOW-TO] Graphics Settings and Performance Guide (8/18/2020) Advanced Pilot Help & Guides, post:1, topic:132407"]
Nvidia drivers 452.06 with HAGS On
[/quote]

Thanks for the excellent baseline work here. What does "with HAGS On mean?
Thank

google “HAGS nvidia” :joy:

=> Hardware accelerated GPU scheduling

Be carefull if you set it to on !

1 Like

Your guide is great and these 2 helped me out.

1 Like

@TheOriginalBabu, do you happen to know what the SSSSS value in UserCfg.opt correlates to? It is one of the options not mapped to the user interface but is changed via the Global Rendering Quality Preset.

1 Like

no clue

the acronym could fit for screen-space-sub-surface-scattering

Thanks for the effort and time spent doing this Babu!

Similar hardware; 6700K @ 4.5, stock 980Strix and slower memory.
1920x1080.
Graphics:
Setting as you have suggested except:
-“TLD” @ 150
-“Use generic plane models” ai and live= both set to off.
Traffic:
Real Time online, sliders all at 45, nameplates on.
Assistance:
True to life, but taxi arrows on
Live weather and players.

Average 44fps out and about,
with a few quick/shallow dips in high demand scenery areas but really not noticeable.

-KSEA examples-
TBM= 38fps with a lot of traffic, ils approach in bad weather.
747= 27 with a few dips to 19 similar situation. Couple of quick stutters.

Aim is smooth overall, high fps is not.
Happy considering my aging hardware :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Is anyone able to provide Radeon settings in the Radeon Software for best settings (5600x + 6800XT) already on max everything but want to push the best I can

advise leaving at stock

1 Like

Is this guide up-to-date with the latest version?

I’m running a 3800X/6900XT@4K/Ultra and getting about 33 FPS in the XCub at Orbx KORS. It’s disappointing to say the least. I seem to get into the 45 FPS territory in a few stock scenery places.

Shouldn’t be any large differences.
I would start by seeing if you’re majority CPU or GPU bottlenecked and going from there.

4K is always going to be incredibly demanding, especially at Ultra. I would have a look at Digital Foundry’s FS2020 optimised settings which was getting them 50-60fps at 4K and looked nearly the same as Ultra settings.

2 Likes

Hello, I have a Ryzen 7 2700x 16GB of ddr4 3200 ram and a Gigabyte 3070 (Gaming OC 8GB) and have the game on an M.2. Whenever I run the game my GPU is only getting 4-6% Utilization. This happens on Ultra settings at handcrafted airports and high-density places and everywhere in between this is also on 1920x1080.

How can this be fixed?

1 Like

Is virtualisation on the CPU enabled another guy saw gpu usage and CPU usage increase by disabling virtualisation. You would probably also benefit with more ram.

2 Likes

already checked whether this is relevant your you ?

Ps: and why such an old windows version ? :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Hello, I checked this post it did not answer my question. The pic is from a month ago the issue still persisted

Hello I disabled it but am still getting the same result

I fought my PC through this game, first an upgrade to an RTX 3090, was still getting cpu bottleneck, so I thought, what? I have a 9900k @ 5ghz. Was choppy in higher LODS, first, and foremost… this game is heavily RAM dependent. I had 32 Gb low latency cas14 gskill 3200mhz and a page file thats 26gigs. even in terrain LOD 2 and everything maxed was bottlenecked. With 64gigs Ram, boom, max settings ultra all, can pump up the Resolution scale up to 160 before it gets dicey. sits nicely at 120. Terrain LOD 9 and Object LOD 4 pretty smooth. Was just going in to make a video but the server is down grrr. It looks amazing at night, as far as the eye so to say can see. Gsync and Vsync in MSFS to 30fps is smooth like a movie. Even though your memory might be sitting at 70 or 80% it has a huge windows page file going causing “Limited by main thread” 16gigs, forget it, 32 to start if you dont go above LOD 2

2 Likes