How to start the Fenix A320

Just to let you know, if you dont know, Fenix released an update yesterday. It is available in your Fenix App for download. You can install over the existing install, no need to uninstall.

Performance has been massively cranked up, it is much better on FPS now, well I am seeing way better FPS. Also it now supports SIm Rate speeds of 2X for those that want that.

3 Likes

When you climb and you have the auto-throttle engaged, should the postioning of the throttles be as shown?

No, you’ll need to have both levers in the CLB detent. a message in the top left of the pilot’s display will tell you when.

1 Like

Can you show mw where is this?

in your image, it’s the one below where the levers are positioned.

Here where is says CL?

1 Like

Yes exactly there.

On the PFD it will say LVR CLB that is when you move the levers to CL as in your screen shot.

You never move them again in normal operation untill you hear “RETARD” usually after the 20ft call out before landing, but you are captain so you can decide, maybe 30 of 50 ft depending on how the situation.

After you move to idle then you go to reverse thrust.

If you are really serious about flying Airbus in the SIM you may want to buy this. I have this and it makes flying the Airbus fenix A320 and the neo so much more realistic and easy.

Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack Airbus Edition, Ergonomic replicas of the world-famous Airbus sidestick and throttle quadrant. Compatible with PC Amazon.co.uk

I also have a yoke for most other planes.

It also sounds like you need to watch a few YouTube tutorials on the details about flying this aircraft. If you’re serious.

1 Like

I have been doing nothing ealse but watching videos but I didn’t find one to tell me where to pout the throttle during climb and cruise. Anyway nothing wrong to ask you the experts…

(9) Fenix A320 Tutorial: Takeoff to Cruise with a Real Airbus Pilot! - YouTube if this is one you haven’t watched?

At around 4:00 he talks about the throttle lever settings.

OK thank you. I also hope that I will find out how to fix the below message.

It’s when the baro setting on the captain side is different from the co-pilot side. There’s an option to link those in the Fenix settings, so they both change when setting one (which makes sense IMO, because there’s no co-pilot).

1 Like

I could not find in the settings to link the 2 baros

Have you asked on the Fenix discord?

What is the Fenix discord?

Click on the button TAP HERE close to looking for sim settings…

Thank you. I found it.

was starting the sim to find it for you in those buttons :wink:

1 Like

What I want to know is that all the setting that you make, do they get saved or you must do them each time you start the sim. because when I set the null zone to 6% (from the default 2%) I have do do this every time I start the Felix A320?

Everything was running OK and all of a sudden I got the below messgae. God the plane is a mystery to me. I never get these on the PMFG 737…