How to start the Fenix A320

I believe they get saved per livery, so each airline you fly can be different. But I could be wrong.

Well, let’s see. It says “GEAR NOT DOWN LOCKED”. So I’m pretty sure that means Gear Not Down Locked. Airbus ECAM messages are pretty straightforward and tell you exactly what to do. Where are you having trouble reading?

I guess I should not assume anything. Do you know what “Gear” means? Do you know what “Down” means? Do you know what “not” means?

As it says: Recycle Landing gear (i.e. up then down). If unsuccessful after 120 seconds, use the Gravity Extension.

Couldn’t be clearer.

You may have failures enabled. Go to the MCDU to switch them off if need be.

It’s pretty clearly shown the instructions how to deal with that failure:

Did you see this too?

Try putting gear lever up then down again.
If after 2 minutes with no successful you need to try the gravity gear extension in the centre pedestal.
I’ve never tried this, I’m new to this a/c too.

Incidentally, it looks like you have no Flaps down, and speed brakes look to be on. Maybe you were going too fast?

Yes my friend I know what Gear means… lol What I am saying is why is this message appearing all of a sudden while I am cruising? and one more thing, what is “Gravity Extension” ?

Just downloaded the Fenix.

I would like to use the default planner in MSFS to plan my flight rather than Simbrief how do I configure the EFB to use that?

If you are cruising, your throttles shouldn’t be at idle, your speed break shouldn’t be armed, your landing lights should be off, your QNH should be set to standard and you also have a SWITCHG PNL message which I think means that all data is being read from the first officer’s side. From reading through this thread, I think you really would benefit hugely from watching some of the tutorial videos that were posted here, rather than just asking random questions and hoping for answers. Studying a proper tutorial video will get you into the habit of learning the flows of the A320, therefore eliminating the chances of these errors later on in flight. Just asking random questions won’t help you learn the flows. Because the chances are that you’ll keep getting these warnings in subsequent flights, therefore going completely against the SOPs of the aircraft.

2 Likes

Yes I know that watching many videos will make me a perfect Fenix A320 pilot, but I really don’t have the time and intention. I did watch a few videos but not all of them give me the answers to some problems I have. I don’t really beleiove that by asking some questions here its the end of the world. MSFS after all its a game and not intented for people to become real pilots. If someone asks a question here I know the answer I will give it to him, I am not going to tell him watch all the videos to find out. Sorry if I have bothered you by asking some questions. Happy flying and enjoy the game and the wonderful Fenix A320. Take care.

Why on earth would you want to do that and no you can’t.

Are the breviously flight plans made using Simbrief stored in the EFB or you must cteate one everytime fefore you fly?

I don’t mind answering questions, but I’d rather see you learn the correct way. Your approach to learning it is ALL wrong. You are just jumping into it without any research, and expecting people to troubleshoot every issue you encounter. And the reason you are encountering so many issues is because you’re not following a proper tutorial. You say you don’t have time to follow a tutorial video, but in all honesty, you’re wasting far more time here asking a million questions than you’d be wasting if you followed a video tutorial FROM THE BEGINNING. If you did that, you wouldn’t be encountering any of the issues you mentioned in this thread.

I’m not trying to have a dig at you or anything. I’m trying to show you the easiest way to learn flying ANY aircraft in the sim.

6 Likes

OK I accept that.

You were way too fast. My plans usually have this plane landing at 140-150 knots. You were at twice that.