HPG H145 Helicopter Base Pack & Action Pack Expansion | Hype Performance Group - Developer Updates & Community Discussion

I also can’t believe that this product is getting so little attention in this forum. I was never a big helicopter fan in flight simulator. I bought the H145 because the Belgian Army wants to buy 15 of this type and it is also on the N°1 spot to replace the Belgian Police MD900 and MD520 helicopters. So i gave it a try. Now i’m hooked!
The helicopter model looks fantastic, and the systems are, in my opinion, close to study level. (Never flow a helicopter in my life but for me it feels like that.)
Now with the action pack it even gets better. I’m fully emmersed in the rescue bussiness. Flying from RK1 in Flesach i’m rescueing people from the mountains and bring them to the hospitals in de valleys. Landing in tricky spots on mountain tops or in small clearings in the woods and being able to winch a rescuer down to pick him up later with a patient, to much fun!
Thank you Hype Perfomance for this fantastic product. And to know that it is still being developed, i’m looking forward to the next releases.

3 Likes

You’re right it is the best add on I’ve experienced since my Amiga. I enjoy the scenery at a slower pace to see it. I also find the challenge for landing properly to be great challenge.

3 Likes

Thanks for the kind words everyone, our team is very critical of our own work and we think that comes through in the quality of what we’ve done and continue to do with the H145.

Helicopters unfortunately seem to be only a small segment of the flight sim audience, that said we consider both of our products to have had successful launches and are extremely appreciative of the community that is supporting us.

Occasionally we get an airliner simmer who likes to use the H145 to poke around the local area once they finish a long haul, that always makes me smile :smiley:

6 Likes

also a customer, absolutely love this heli, keep up the good work! it’s amaizing flying msfs scenery on a heli!

1 Like

Developer Build 274 is available now in the H145 Action Pack download center!

• Add mission catalog and mission pack support

• Fix problems with hoisting and walkaround when using third party liveries

• Add guidance for livery authors for custom crews

• Fix incorrect rotor torque

1 Like

Attending ‘Ground School’ :smile:. How do the Cyclic sensitivity settings on the tablet affect the in-game settings ?

No doubt this H145 helicopter will become THE reference in MSFS.
I fly mostly in VR and it’s absolutely beautiful, the level of details is incredible, textures are amazing and nearly everything is clickable … and I’m not even talking about the engine management, the tablet, the double GPS and so on !

Kudos to the Hype team for this first “study level helicopter” in MSFS.

2 Likes

Hi everybody
I finally have my full helicopter controls setup done (Virpil cyclic, winwing collective) but I am having an issue. I have the action package all loaded etc. This is new after the latest update.
First boot it’s flys great…full control… but none of the switch bindings work…guns, GTC.H etc. Do the reload like the manual says, and the cyclic locks up, like its under control of the AP. On the ipad it can’t get past the dead zone…but all the bindings work. After a full shutdown of msfs, it’s the same…flys perfect, no bindings, load the config file with a restart, cyclic gets stuck . Removed all the bindings in control manager…cyclic still locks after restart. Erased the h145, fresh install…same thing. If you start with a fresh install and do not set up the config file…the cyclic sticks without the restart. My cyclic/control stick works perfect for every other aircraft…including the top gun stuff and bell egg beater.
I have shut down everything besides the elevator/aileron on the bindings… completely disabled the AP… same thing.

Help please
Thanks!

Plus one here. I fly GA only but do love this chopper to really check out the scenery. It was a day one purchase for myself, and my first helicopter experience. Owning this also convinced me to purchase the PMSGTN750. Keep up the great work!!!

2 Likes

Hype H 145 helicopter is amazing. Very high quality model.

I ask the Hype team to build a Bell 206 JetRanger or an AS 350 Ecureuil b3 helicopter. (With traditional instruments) I love the H 145 helicopter, but I’m already bored … Is the Hype team planning to develop another type of helicopter? How many years does the team want the H 145 helicopter to develop?

Anyone else having issues with the Action Pack?
Since purchase I’ve not been able to fly either of the two variants. I started with the fire-fighter and Initially the iPad wouldn’t flip out and the MFDs were blank but I could at least take off. After closing down and rebooting to try the air ambulance, the iPad and MFDs were still unresponsive and so were pretty much most of the flight controls - collective worked but limited movement in the cyclic and while the pedals appeared to move there was no actual movement of the chopper?

The base helicopters appear to be fine however.
Anyone else come across this?

1 Like

What you’ve described usually occurs from having mixed builds installed.

The recommendation would be to delete your current H145 folders and download the latest updates for both the base pack and action pack.

Thanks for your support o7

4 Likes

Great to see new features and versions added to the H145 family but I would like to see some progression on fixing the basic things, for example:

• microstutters even with fairly high (30+) FPS
  • non-functioning turn indicator
  • low refresh rate on the MFD

I’ve been seeing these issues for months now, any word on the timeframe to fixing these? Thanks.

4 Likes

the stutters are very jarring. i’d love to see them reduced a little.

do the pax cabin lights work? i can’t seem to get them to function.

Never tried TBH.

Update broke lights, will work to get back up in a future update.

Speaking of future updates…expect a big one this weekend :wink:

6 Likes

amazing! thank you

Why is it when i try start up the actio pack i get into the game but my screens in the h145 dont turn on the iPad doesn’t work and its fly’s very unrealistic

1 Like

Thanks for your support, you have an installation error. Please check our FAQ for the “black avionics” section for troubleshooting steps.

1 Like