HPG H145 Helicopter Base Pack & Action Pack Expansion | Hype Performance Group - Developer Updates & Community Discussion

Better late than never…

We’re happy to announce that Build 300 (0.95) is now available.This is the first stable version of both the H145 Base Pack and Action Pack variants.

We have been hard at work on the Action Pack for the past 3 months, launching both the HEMS and Firefighter variants with their 3d crew. We are working on the Offshore and Cargo variants and will be launching them soon with more activities.

The Action Pack has been upgraded with many bugfixes, manual hoisting control, built-in road accident rescue missions, and real-world firefighting missions, support for third party objects

The Base Pack has also received substantial upgrades including new sounds, new flight dynamics, helmet mounted display, engine fires & fire extinguishing system, custom pilot and passenger models, smoother performance, avionics upgrades, a virtual tailboom camera, new visual effects, many bugfixes and much more.

Condensed changelog:

Base Pack Updates:

• Flight Model: Big changes to inertia and feeling
  • Flight Model: Vortex Ring State is back (avoid descent exceeding 500fpm when relative wind is less than 25kt). Autopilot has VRS protection.
  • Add passengers and custom pilots for all variants (Asobo copilot option available)
  • Sound: Engine bladeslap, blade stall and Flight/Idle transition, cargo doors, switches, prime pumps
  • Some elements in the cockpit will now shake based on rotor condition
  • Engine startup smoke and fire VFX
  • Engine fire indications fire extinguishing system is implemented
  • Failures app, Sound Mixer app, H:Event Test app, new Equipment & Crew pages
  • Pilot heads now based on camera position - pilot & copilot are headless
  • Installed Helmet Mounted Display
  • Installed Tail Boom camera
  • Avionics: TDSSim and pms50 GTN750 are now swappable from the tablet Options page
  • Avionics: Various performance improvements
  • Avionics: Airspeed, Vertical Speed and Heading rose will now update at a higher rate
  • Add passengers and custom pilots for all variants (Asobo copilot option available)
  • Chin window plates are now selectable on some variants
  • Safety patches are now available for all variants (for aircraft storage)
  • Dual landing light is available for all variants
  • Various cosmetic and functional bugfixes throughout the aircraft such as fixes to MFD visuals and aircraft textures

Action Pack Updates:

• Launch HEMS variant with new medical interior
  • Launch Firefighter variant with functional bambi bucket and utility interior
  • Launch H145 Mission System, a framework for building interactive scenarios for H145
  • Launch Scenario Editor, a graphical tool for building interactive scenarios for H145
  • Add manual hoist control & bindings, ability to set the hoist explicitly outside of a mission
  • Add Nearby Road Accident missions at hospitals and launchable from the library
  • Add Firefighting missions based on real world wildfires & add a data query Landfill mission
  • Third party objects are now supported in the H145 Mission System

All downloads available at the respective H145 Download Center.

7 Likes

So cool, and just getting more so.

1 Like

This update has improved performance and smoothness a lot. I can now get 45fps near ground, while with previous versions I could not be above 35fps or 40fps in the best case. It also works perfect with SU10 beta (DX11 mode). I didn´t test it with DX12 yet but before this release I was always geting worse performance under DX12 with that helicopter.

And the real life fires are a great addition. Good job guys!

Cheers

1 Like

Build 300 looking great in the latest Beta.

3 Likes

Ok, there´s definitelly something wrong when using DX12 + PMS50 navigation. There´s a frame drop and CPU reproduces constant and periodic spikes. See below:

Disabling it in the tablet brings a higher fps figure and a normal and stable CPU utilization:

Using the toolbar PMS50 panel while this is still disabled on the H145 panel also produces a normal and stable CPU utilization (fps are different as I was flying over a different area in this case).

I don´t have that behaviour with any other aircraft when using PMS50. I have the latest premium version installed. You should take a look to this as this is more severe on DX12 mode than in DX11, even if in DX11 is still noticeable.

Cheers

2 Likes

What has been done to the flight model? Now it feels completely unrealistic. You can do a complete barrel or a loop in seconds even while flying at 60 knots with a 30% torque or recover from a vertical dive in just 100ft. It looks as if aircraft had no mass at all and was just a set of control surfaces alone. I think the previous model was closer to reality in terms of such extreme capabilities. I have the modern model in set in game and also the realistic one set in tablet.

Cheers

1 Like

I agree. The new flight model is awful with realistic setting. Pitch control feels digital like a switch - either too much or non at all. Sporadic uncommanded pitch oscillations during hover without any control input. I really won’t/can’t fly this anymore if this is where the team is going with this.

Also, the new sound mod is not great - constant rotor blade clapping in normal horizontal flight. The previous sound mod was way better.

1 Like

Hi everyone!

In line with the forum guidelines, we do not provide support via this platform, we recommend everyone join our Officially Partnered Discord community if you’d like to provide feedback on updates and receive support from our development team.

We do read and act on the feedback posted on the various flight sim forums and social media pages, but if you’d like to be apart of the collaborative discussions we have with our supporters you’ll need to join our Discord community.

1 Like

Yeah something is really not right with this update. Able to hold an inverted flight for prolonged periods. This is with the realistic setting.

Edit: this is with the SU10 beta. Is it possible it is defaulting to the arcade setting despite choosing realistic? Ive never used this setting so cannot compare.

1 Like

Latest developer build has corrected the flight model issue and it´s now similar to how it felt before. Thanks a lot.

Cheers

3 Likes

Thanks for the info, just been testing the “stable” build and it was ridiculous. Will grab the new dev build now!

3 Likes

Loving this, is there any good tutorial for the autopilot? Im new to helicopters and having a little hard time
only found old stuff on youtube

also found a little confusing the action pack, on the fence if i get that
anyone got it??

cheers

2 Likes

If you love the H145 Base Pack then I think you’d enjoy the Action Pack. It’s 5 new variants (HEMS, Firefighting, Offshore, Coast Guard, and Military/Civilian Cargo). You can also engage in missions with no external application needed.

Here so some good demos of the variants released so far.

3 Likes
3 Likes

appreciate the links, but still looking for something updated to the current version.
Hype Performance Group have a youtube channel with outdated content as well
they should at least have some good tutorials for the last versions. its not easy to learn from scratch.
specially their manual is a little confusing , ill hold to get the action pack for now for when there is more content, the manual for the action pack is really confusing :confused:

1 Like

That looks great, are the tents in the action pack or did you get them elsewhere? Haven’t seen them myself.

Hey…Beta 10…RADAR!!

1 Like

I’m finally starting to get the hang of flying this bird. Landings are still a bit traumatic, and with the latest updates as soon as I start to descend even at 120 kts I get some sort of rotor slap. Is that what’s supposed to happen or am I doing it all wrong ? It’s useful for letting me know when I’m bleeding altitude if I’m not using the autopilot but it is a bit alarming.

1 Like

I usually take the ‘rotor slap’ to mean I’m descending a tad too fast, so I slow that. In the early days, we didn’t have that indicator, so it can be alarming. Watch the recent vids and see how those pilot Youtubers are handling it. Cheers.

1 Like

Great thread Guys - Rotor slap does not mean anything wrong with your flight or approach. Rotor slap occurs any time the downward air flow from one blade meets the flow (high or low pressures & frequency) from another blade. This is common during hard maneuvering or approaches. The Hype group did a great job simulating this common effect. If you would like to hear some rotor slapping check out my latest video where I put the H-145 through some aerobatics.

Enjoy - Mike

H145 Simulator Helicopter Un-Tethered - Mike Mas

2 Likes