HPG H145 Helicopter Base Pack & Action Pack Expansion | Hype Performance Group - Developer Updates & Community Discussion

You need to bind TOGGLE GPS DRIVES NAV1 to a button on your joystick to fire the rockets …

3 Likes

Great thanks!

Should probably read the manual at some stage…

Ugh. Don’t have much time to fly right now, but I did get about 10 min to take a few shots!

Beautiful bird!

2 Likes

Beautifully detailed indeed. A work of art. will hopefully have more time tomorrow.

3 Likes

I bought this today, I dislike Helicopters because I cant get my head around them, or how to fly them…I have many in XP-11 that are excellent even though I cant fly them.

Now I am not getting into Flight Model here because I simply know nothing about Helicopters to even go down that route.

But what I will say is… this has 100% blown me away, I am now going to make a series of statements and if I am wrong please correct me.

The way this thing flies is amazing, no additional software needed AFIK, The modelling of the auto trim is advanced as anything I have seen FBW (I mean actual FBW - not the FBW team) it is fantastic just like the real thing as I understand it. There is much in this add-on and it is very complex and advanced, now this could be my in-experience or it is as complex as I see it, but IMHO this is advanced as some of the most advanced planes we have!!

I am absolutely having a tough time getting to grips with it, but I am also having a blast. I have not tried the Mil version yet or the Luxury. I bought Grand Canyon west yesterday on the Market Place, no choice I cant find it else where, so I am working up to doing a flight from 1G4 to KLAS, I am about to do it now, I have no idea how to land this thing.

But seriously fellow simmers, I am an awful customer, and I will pick on things because I want it as real as it get! I admit I am blind here with helicopters, but I have been around the block, I know enough and this thing is next level chopper wise! There is so much to it, so many complex and custom gauges and functionality in shames a lot of Plane add-ons IMHO.

Anyway I was sceptical but a recommendation from a fellow simmer turned my mindset! This add-on is one of the best fellow simmers, and I hope it evolves and grows into something amazing beyond its current amazing level.

I am finally enjoying choppers in a sim, partly due to the easier nature maybe it is like flying an Airbus plane with the auto trim and I am not having to correct every millisecond, but mostly because it is quite simply a great add-on,.

4 Likes

Thanks for the kind words - nothing makes us more pleased than to hear we helped someone appreciate helicopters in the sim.

Also, if you like the Grand Canyon area this freeware KGCN addon is a must - Grand Canyon National Park Airport KGCN » Microsoft Flight Simulator

2 Likes

Thank you for your dedication to the sim, making this add-on and going complex as well!

Is the rocket firing supposed to be bound to the CDI button on the GTN750? That was a bit of a surprise.

And as long as I’m asking questions… where exactly is the AP/GTC button? Is it one or all of the “GTC” items on the beep trim tablet page? I knew there was a button to make the AP kill velocity and hover somewhere…

Well this thing just gets better and better… I still cant land it. Can anybody help me with landing it, like a little tutorial or YT Video Link please?

But the things this does.

Little NavMap - Check
GTN750 - Check
Navigraph - Check
Complex - Check
Delivers what HPG say - Check
Custom systems - Check
Auto Flight - Check (for newbies like me on Helo’s)

Awesomeness - Triple Check :slight_smile:

And it looks so good!

I definitely feel HPG doesn’t get enough praise. We always talk about how awesome FBW and WT are, and it’s true they’re awesome, but HPG is at the very same level. They basically invented the helicopter for MSFS (remember, there is still no support for rotorcraft in the sim).

What they’ve done with the tablet is also extraordinary. Best “EFB” in the sim by far. Everything is accessible through LVARS. I could go on but I stop. Just a very big thank you to HPG and hope to see a lot more from you guys!

6 Likes

Go to rotor sim pilot’s vids on youtube and learn his short lessons 1-9. Very helpful. Many of them conducted only 6ft off the ground. Once you get the hang of the small stuff, the bigger stuff controls wise become easier. It’s all about learning to stationary hovver! Micro control of cyclic and halting forward reverse motion before using collective to control descent. You can also in the H145 switch from realistic to arcade mode until you get the basic control down, but these videos are great to learn heli control with. HINT: there is a visual display in the H135/H145 showing heli X-Y motion with a target for zero X-Y motion.

1 Like

I don’t know it the manual is updated yet for the military version. Dave explained how to fire the rockets on Discord, I just copied it :wink:

Yes this. A very under the radar quality product. One of the sims best aircraft tbh. It’s in my top 5. I think often overlooked is that people think it’ll be too complex, but it’s as complex as you want it to be. I’m a relative heli novice and love it, yet I use realistic settings. The ARCADE mode should help any other beginners. Visually stunning, controllable and very nice to fly around in. Should be a absolute must buy for simmers.

2 Likes

OpenStreetMap - Check

I simply love the DMAP page on the MFDs that shows your position and planned route on the OSM map, including an airspace overlay and night mode. And HTAWS terrain avoidance information. How awesome ist that?!?

1 Like

Maybe Dave’s choice of the TOGGLE GPS DRIVES NAV1 key binding to fire rockets has some side effects? :rofl:

I don’t use the tablet for GTC, have it bound to a button on my joystick. But the trick is to double-press it to set target velocity to zero. The mode display will switch to GTC.H once the helicopter has stopped. Maybe that works on the tablet as well.

Will this ever stop the vertical twitching that happens every few seconds? It’s like it’s being held down briefly and then springs up again.

It’s been doing with every build I can remember no matter what the version or assistance/ flight model settings. I don’t really fly it because of this.

Maybe there’s an obvious setting I’m missing but I’ve no idea what it is.

What is your FPS? For me this “twitching” sometimes appears when I fly in very complex areas and my FPS drop significantly below 30.

40-50 ish. But it’s been exactly the same since launch everywhere regardless of sim version, settings and H145 development version. I can’t recall a time where it hasn’t done it. So that must be several tens of iterations.

For me at least it appears to be baked in.

There might be a super obvious setting I’m missing, but the sim also has changed every single one of my settings without my permission multiple times too.

I just reported that on the HPG discord, thank you for mentioning it :smiley: Guess they will fix it in a future build …

Group flight is starting on our Discord server shortly for anyone interested!

We’ve got almost 20 pilots in here already ready for take off :slight_smile:

1 Like