HPG H145 Helicopter Base Pack & Action Pack Expansion | Hype Performance Group - Developer Updates & Community Discussion

This is as far as I understand a limitation of the sim.

I was wondering whether it was simply innate. For some reason it really gets on my nerves.

1 Like

To celebrate the launch of the H145 Military Variant we put together a small video!

Help us spread the word about this beautiful bird by sharing the video with your friends and on your favorite social media platforms :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I think the back of the luxury one needs to be filled out with VIPs now. Maybe not hanging out the doors though. Perhaps just the option to open them up if they get too rowdy :joy:

1 Like

check it out Microsoft Flight simulator 2020 Featuring: the H145 Military Variant by hype performance group - YouTube

1 Like

2 Likes

Is it actually possible to purchase the civilian version as a single product as I have no interest in either Luxury or Military versions?

It is not possible, and it is not currently in our plans to offer any of the variants individually in the future.

Dude Just buy it lol. Think of the Mil version as a bonus. This thing is just beyond anything. It is truly amazing!

I hated helos in sims till I got this! and I have a fair few in XP11 as well, never fly them. This is a dream.

4 Likes

I have rediscovered scenery instead of long fast flights.

2 Likes

Same. I am actually enjoying the scenery now, and noticing just how amazing it is.

1 Like

Took the military version out last night for some tree top level aggressive flying. Skimming down the side of a hill/mountain at about 20 feet is one of the biggest adrenaline rushes this game offers.

2 Likes

Okā€¦you got me caught in your rotor wash and Iā€™m hooked!
Enough hours to fill several log books in the real world and not even 1 hour in a copterā€¦although I always drool when I drive by Bell in Hurst Texas and images of me in a jet ranger fly thru my headā€¦ and I spent many weeks in the new Bell corporate building during constructionā€¦ drooling at all the stuff you see out thereā€¦ and not a sim copter to my name.
Downloaded the H145. What a magnificent piece of work! And even though everything I have is set up for fixed wing aircraftā€¦I actually managed to get airborne with only 5 craters in the ground.
Now landingā€¦ well ā€¦letā€™s say that the crater log is way past the landing log.
When is someone going to address the helicopter sim people out there with some good affordable reliable realistic controls??? I guess you could say Iā€™m pickyā€¦ but after hours of searching (snowed in here in Texas with plenty of time to look) I finally found a few components that I like and have good reviews and YouTube reviews. I donā€™t want a rack that takes the entire roomā€¦I already get complaints because my wife lost a wee bit of closet space (I started out with my own home officeā€¦pandemicā€¦ all of a sudden itā€™s HER office ā€¦ and I now fly the closet.) I need high quality separate componentsā€¦just like we all use! And yesā€¦I have a 3D printerā€¦but after flying real aircraft I want something realistic and metalā€¦or plastic that does not look like I spent $20 bucks on Ebay for it.
Finally found a collective I like (Winwing) ā€¦yes ouch on the $ā€¦ and a cyclic (MaxFlightStick) and the ouch $ continues. Both out of Chinaā€¦maybe I will receive them before the summer starts.
Planning on attaching the collective to my car seat baseā€¦should be out of the way during normal fixed wing simulationā€¦ and with the seat back away from the yokeā€¦have the cyclic set up to clear the yoke during operation and have a quick release in the front of my car seat base.
Nowā€¦what about the AT pedalsā€¦ Iā€™m not touching my Ruddo power adjustable pedalsā€¦took long enough to get them perfectā€¦and the fwd/back travel will no way get near my feet this far back AND the spring adjustment is set up for a C182. ā€¦ the AT pedals need next to zero spring centering.
So folksā€¦ I do have my Warthog TM pend. rudder pedals (you can set zero spring pressure on them) parked when switching to the Ruddoā€¦ but they are huge and will need a temporary setup to put in front of my Ruddo and slide the monster out of the way every timeā€¦or $ ouch again and find a decent set of AT pedals?
All this just to make additional cratersā€¦wellā€¦ I hope not.
Your input please.
Thanks!

I am sure someone from the community will provide you with some qualified opinions, but I would also recommend checking out some hardfware reviews from HeliSimmer.com

Just bought the Virpil collective with the Black Shark handle and a chair mount.

Will report back I 3-6 weeks how this setup works, but my Virpil joystick sure is nice.

Sum total 650$ delivered. Quite alot of money, but as a former boat owner it is peanuts compared to anything nautical.

1 Like

I use the Virpil Constellation Alpha with the curved extension, and think it is amazing with the H145! A lot of the buttons are placed very similar to the real world cyclic grip.

Have resisted to buy their collective until now, because I am not sure how to mount it to my chair ā€¦

Is there a way to install an auto land option so that we pilots that are helicopter challenged can land? I know it isnā€™t real, but neither is The arcade mode.

Been absolutely loving night flights around the new photogrammetry of my home city of Melbourne. Being able to hover and check out street art murals, landmarks and even land at the odd pub or two has breathed a massive breath of new life into the game.

Highlight of the H145 so far was using it to check out mkvyā€™s mod of Haad-Rin in Koh Pha-Ngan (home of the full moon parties) while in VR last night.
The modā€™s a subtle work of genius and as it was nearing sunset in the Gulf of Thailand at the time of flight, I couldnā€™t resist the temptation to land on a nearby rooftop, turn the engines off, stick on some chillout tunes and watch the virtual sunset with a cold beer in hand!

(Haad RIn mod is here for anyone interested - Haadrin Kohphangan (Full Moon Party) Thailand (VTFM) Ā» Microsoft Flight Simulator)

2 Likes

You can misuse the GTC and GTC.H autopilot modes for that
Basically they are ground reference/track modes, so you can use GTC to get to your landing spot, then autohover with GTC.H and slooowly hover down until landed :slightly_smiling_face:

Not done IRL but who cares!

The manual has a lot of info on these modes, but ask away if any questions remain
The hype discord is also very open and good, with many real h145 pilots

2 Likes

Thanks everyone.
I decided to get a set of vkb pedals to go with the cyclic and collective on order.

In the meantimeā€¦ IM taking YouTubeā€™s Rotor Sim Pilotā€™s newbies course.
Iā€™m an over 800 hour FAA licensed private pilotā€¦ instrument ratedā€¦and probably 10 times that simmering over the yearsā€¦ can grease almost any landing ā€¦vfr and ifrā€¦and ā€¦in a copterā€¦I look like I just downed a 5th of Jack!
Yokes and helicopters simply donā€™t go together!
Anyone need a crater or two?

1 Like