I deleted MSFS2020 from my computer. I’m done

I’m using the “Corporate Stable” driver (or whatever they call it) for the 5700XT on my system, dating to last October. I figure if it’s not broken don’t “fix” it. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I don’t know what 3090 you have but if it’s a Asus Tuf 3090OC I’d like another one for SLI rig I’m putting together. I’ll pay MSRP + 250USD😁

1 Like

I use an old Z87 system, but I achieve decent results (47 FPS).

Specs: 4670K @ 3.8 GHz, 16 GB DDR3, GTX 1660 Super, Low to Medium settings, 1920 X 1200, lots of add-ons, 787 fanboy, etc.

Game_specs

1 Like

I suppose you really feel the serious problem we have with FS2020, I know how frustrating it is… I also own X11.52, and enjoy very much the flight model, but it is really hard to get a super Flight model, and high-end graphics both to the highest level, and enable the general user to enjoy it as well, If money is important, and Microsoft needs to make money in order to develop the kind of simulator we are looking for, it would require maybe 2-3 GeForce 3090 in order to have 60 FPS with that kind of computational demand. Yes, in time we shall have the realistic model we are all hoping for, but in the meantime, FS2020, is a very good simulator for studying procedures…

I have a 5600X + 3080, 3440*1440 res. I can get around 35-40 FPS on JFK and DFW etc. And 50+ FPS on less busy airports. All ultra settings.

You probably have some settings on Nvidia control panel that is overwriting ur in-game settings.

Funny how the older (or lower-mid spec newer systems) tend to have fewer problems. Could it be more mature drivers? More stable components?

1 Like

I get great performance in VR and pancake. Like you, I’m running stock but with an RTX 2080 ti.

26 FPS is pretty reasonable right now given your rig - especially if you have any setting at ultra and even more if you’re still running with the Samsung G9 Max Ultra 49” curved. That’s a lot of MSFS pixels to push via a 3090 gpu. Did you try everything at low-medium including the resolution at 800x600 to see if stutters still persist?

Hate to sound blunt but a $7000 pc setup still won’t be able to peg everything at ultra in 49” curved without taking a serious performance hit in this sim right now. Did you try smaller light aircraft as like myself, people are reporting better FPS - not that it’s a fix, more bug triaging to rule out general issues with your setup.

The gpu driver also isn’t the greatest right now and reports are always changing. I’m running the 457.30 driver and it’s smooth. I did experience frame stutters with the latest drivers so that could be your issue. I believe these 3xxx gpu just aren’t optimized yet for serious work if you’re rocking ultra settings.

Try these things the next time you install MSFS, it may stop the stress!

2 Likes

That’s exactly the same for me. I bought my computer in 2016, 1200€ for the whole computer, and everything works fine. Ok I’m only in 1920x1200, but all the options are on high or ultra. No more stutter since the last update, and never a CTD.
I would love to buy a new computer for the sim and to experience VR, I have the money for it, but for the moment I’m waiting. Maybe the game is not ready for brand new configurations…

1 Like

I totally agree…we got strip mined. And that’s putting it lightly! If it walks like a duck…it’s a duck.

As a long time Arma 3 player, I am somewhat content with my 25-35 FPS.

But I have a mediocre PC, so I don’t expect more. I play in 1440p and High settings, looks good enough for now. I run a RX 580 GPU (8GB Version) and a Ryzen 2600x CPU with 16 GB RAM. However, since the last Graphic Card Driver Update, the FPS got al little worse. I should have stuck to the old driver.

Once it’s out on Xbox Series, I will likely change over anyhow. (If I can import Bushtrips on that system).

My PC is terrible loud when I start this game, another reason why I am looking forward to the Xbox version. Or I just stream it alltogether in XCloud once that is working. Until then, my PC is just fine for it.

However, thank you for this thread. It gave me the idea that I can just downgrade the GPU drivers. I now installed those from last november which gave me about 5 FPS more than the latest ones. One never stops learning.

i bought a nvidia 1660 to upgrade my 10yr old comp.

i also added a ssd.

i started with a i5 560, 12 gigs of ram, 1660 card, and a ssd drive. 4 cores, 2.6gighz running at 3.8 stable.

well, it took along ■■■ time to load, but once flying it was pretty good. flew with mostly high, and med settings at 1080p.

never had an issue with updates.

then i built a new comp.
amd 5600
gskill 3800 32 gigs of ram
same 1660 (gpu shortage)
nvme drive.

wow, stuff loads fast. stuff is smoother. life is pretty good.

again, never had a update issue.

added a 3060 12gig video card. life got better.

was able it use some ultra settings, nice. pretty.

then the last update, not the hot fix. killed my stuff. was stuck in checking for updates loop for two days.

then i had to leave town for a week. win for me.

got back spent ~10 hrs figuring out how to fix the issue. got some help from zendesk. :slight_smile:

but had to reinstall the whole sim again.

up and flying, pretty good hardware, well big cup of suck…

after the hotfix, better, but i sometimes long for the old days of the 560 and the 1660. fps was in the upper 20s to low 30s, but it was always smooth. now it is from the 60s to the upper teens.

please stop adding stuff before you fix the broken stuff, or the stuff you just broke.

also when you think it is ready to release, fly two or three landing challenges.

it would save you a lot of time.

:beers:

3 Likes

What I really don’t understand is that we, on this forum, with all our combined knowledge wouldn’t be able to pinpoint the issue why some people seem to have these annoying frame rates. I see posts everywhere from people having sky high systems, complaining. I see posts from people having mediocre systems flying happily around.
My statement is: this sim should run fine on those high end systems. There’s no reason why it shouldn’t. So couldn’t we try to find the issue?
These posts seem to have one thing in common though: they are high in emotion and low om specifics. Just stating: I feel so bad because the performance sucks, I have these specs, is not enough to analyze.
We need to know bandwidth. Do you run on WiFi or cabled. Did you run a speed test? What other processes are running. Is your av scanning your drive. Do you use Nvidia experience to optimize (which you shouldn’t). Do you use the Win Game Center (or what is it called) or other software to record the game? Is the sim absolutely vanilla, or are you running add-ons or mods? What aircraft do you fly and where? Do you run fsuipc? Which version? Am I missing important questions here? Shouldn’t we make a template for this do that we can compare more easily?
We also need to know what you expect in terms of FPS and what you actually get. I see people flying happily in their 30’s and people complaining having 45 and not 50.
You know: people here are wanting to invest their time to help others out, and to help improve the sim for everybody. I really hope that the unhappy simmers would take the time to be more specific.
And: when you’ve taken your 20 minutes to write that post here, it could help too if you’d take five more minutes to copy that post to zendesk.
So I don’t want to bash anybody here, I am just trying to give my two cents so that we can move from emotion to facts.
This sim is not lousy code wise, or it wouldn’t be running smoothly on so many systems, would it? It is not tested lousy, because of the same reasons. It is just exceptionally complex software, installed by a very critical (and often very knowledgeable) part of humanity. Not an easy match, it seems.
I really hope that we can do our best to share anything we need to be able to help each other.
When I find an hour somewhere I could come up with a first version of such a template if there’s interest? Others could improve that list of course.
Have a great day!

17 Likes

Fs2020 + vr + spitfire is a dream.

4 Likes

I have an rtx 3080 and I run my sim around 22 fps. I would love if I could run at 30 fps.
As someone said, older cards should run better than new ones because nvidia and amd has already a lot of experience in dealing with those cards and the drivers are already optimized. New cards are still being “tested” and we will take some time until nvidia and amd “learns” how their cards behave in this sim. The sim and the cards are still too young, and they are still learning to improve

Honestly. I personally don’t think this is a frame rate issue. This sim is perfectly playable with no complaints at 30fps or higher. And, at least in my case, it never drops below 30 fps even in the highest detail areas, particularly after the recent update to fix SU3.

The problem we are all (or at least most of us are) facing is this effing stuttering, even though there is no accompanying frame rate drop. The frame rate is always over 30 for me and as high as 60 in less dense areas but it’s always damned stuttering even at FL350. And neither the CPU nor GPU is being properly utilized. CPU usage is often 25 percent and GPU 60 percent. And this is when the stuttering is most noticeable. Although, before the update it was even worse with the GPU at 25 percent and the CPU at 15 percent.

For context my system is a 5800X combined with a 3080 with 32GB of 3400 CL 15 memory. This system is well cooled. In an ambient of 30C, running balls to the wall benchmarks CPU max temps are 78C and GPU max temps are 65C and system temps are 48C. The system is also well tuned and I am an enthusiast with over 20 years of experience, so I know everything is running perfectly fine.

Other games run fine maxing out the GPU and hitting the CPU into the high 60s percent and the system is incredibly stable. No stuttering, no lagging, nothing.

Therefore, the only reasonable conclusion is that there is some mess going on with the sim, probably at the engine level. And the poor experience has nothing to do with frame rates but this god forsaken stuttering. I think this would be a good playable experience even at a consistent 24 FPS.

Just my two cents and I may be wrong. What we need is a stutter fix and I doubt it’s related to system performance but has everything to do with how this program is being executed at a low level.

5 Likes

I have the following system:
• Intel Core i9 10900 65W / 2,8GHz / BOX
• Asus 1200 PRIME Z490-A - 2xM.2/DP/HDMI/ATX
• Crucial Ballistix 32GB DDR4/3200 CL16 Zwart Retail KIT
• Antec VSK4000B-U2U3 Desktop Zwart computerbehuizing
• Kingston A2000 500GB M.2 PCIe NVMe 3D/TLC/2200/2000 Ret
• LiteOn CD/DVD rewriter, 24x, SATA, intern, Zwart
• 2080S KFA2 RTX SUPER EX 8GB/DP/HDMI/DVI
• Cooler Master MWE Goud 750W ATX Modulair
• MS Windows 10 Home, 64Bit, Nederlands

I have the PC DVD Premium de Luxe (Europe, Aearosoft) running on this system. Of course I had the same software problems like most flightsimmers in the beginning, however it was getting better after every (repair-) update. I also bought additional airfields at the Marketplace. At this moment it is all running very smoothly and without any problem. I only expected more realisme in flying the airliners, like in XP10 or 11.

15 Likes

I know it‘s an old topic but I really don‘t understand that FPS hunt. Why 40+? Or 50+

I understand the need of high FPS in fast moving games like shooters, maybe fast dogfights in DCS. But in a normal flightsim cruising aroune with an A320 framerates faster than what our eyes can see are pointless. There is no advantage if MSFS or P3D or XP runs at 60 fps to a sim at 30, heck even 25. as long as it doesn‘t stutter there is no difference. It might become visible during fast bank movements or in turbulence, so maybe aim for 30-35. but beyond that there is absolutely no advantage, it‘s a waste of ressources.

When MSFS came out I tried to teach a guy to fly but he said his sim was running at only 60 FPS, completely unplayable and he started to fight the frames with MSI afterburner etc. Wth?! WHY?!

13 Likes

People always says “oh, c’mon, this is a 10 years project…”
Well…so…will we need to wait 10 years to enjoy it? And…after this time, another sim will be launched. And everything will start again…

4 Likes

My PC is i7 9700 3.00Ghz RTX 2060 32GB Ram All default settings for win10 and I am really happy with the performance. I never care about what Frame rates I am getting as it looks smooth to my eyes. Once I checked in New York area and in the cockpit of the 787 I was getting 25fps and outside around 40.
Love the sim and I am flying around the world and I don’t care about the pandemic. Just completed a trip around Africa.

4 Likes