I honestly can't do this anymore

Awesome :sunglasses: I’ll be riding those thermals in an a320​:+1:

Well Fellow Simmers, I suppose,… " It’s What it is",… for the moment.
Perhaps we ought to Walk the Dog. Exercise ourselves. Play with the Kids. Take the Wife shopping and not waste energy fretting over this matter of ‘What Should or What should Not have been Done’
Breathe,… and consider the thought that eventually MFS 2020 will be the Simulator that we’d hoped for. Nice thought isn’t it.

2 Likes

I can’t be the only one who already knew that a sim this complex would take at least a year to sort out. I mean if you spend a grand on hardware you must have expected this in the back of your mind? I can’t be the only person who remembers the launch of just about every other sim ever created and their troubles, can I? I get the people who complain (not saying this is you) who treat this like the next Call of Duty or something and get upset when it doesn’t work out the box. Those people aren’t simmers and probably children so I ignore them. But surely you being a simmer who dropped a bunch of cash understands you made a mistake not waiting before buying hardware don’t you?

Yes, I expect when I bought the hardware it would work, and it did. Why should my expectations of a piece of software be any different? I paid for it, if didn’t work. They patched it TWICE and broke it even more. What more can I do to outline the frustrations that so many are obviously trying to express, but are being silenced at every corner on these forums?

I understand you frustration and I sympathize I really do. I have been in that situation before but just generally spending that much money on something so untested is part of being an early adopter of any product. I built a 1:1 737 cockpit by hand with a friend but not until fs9 was like four years old. I mean what you did has less to do with the game being broken and just plain bad investing. I am not attacking you because there is a simple fix. Wait. Stop playing like you suggested and come back to it next year with a fresh perspective and I can almost guarantee you won’t be disappointed.

If you take the wife shopping how will you be able to afford ADD-ONS!!! << jk >>

2 Likes

I expected there to be issues with the Graphics and that part of it, but I also expected that the rest of it would of been working on the level of FSX as well. And that hasnt happened right out of the box or since the last patch.

1 Like

Maybe NOW is NOT the time to spend money on Updating your PC, to make MSFS run better.
(unless you have the money to burn)

If your current PC “can” run MSFS, maybe consider waiting maybe a year, to when MSFS is running better.
By then, newer hardware will mean you can update your PC with far faster parts than today, at far less cost.
Over time, speed goes up AND prices (generally eventually) come down.

BUT then again, if you don’t have a Mortgage, Kids, Car Payments etc … GO FOR IT – I am the last one that would presume to tell you what to do with your money (or time)

2 Likes

Yes issues can come in any form. I expect that because my kid finally cleans up after he eats I won’t step in a random poo in the bathroom which he left and didn’t say anything about. Part of being an adult is expecting the unexpected and planning accordingly. Turns out he was too afraid to tell us he poo’d on the floor because he might get in trouble.

I agree with your position. I have gone back to XPlane 11.5 where I am confident my flight on VATSIM will complete. Some flights are hours long and I am tired of CTD and system failures. For now at least, this is not a sim for those seriously training… I believe this could change in the future and I will watch and see how things develop.

So what your saying is that the Developer is afraid to tell us he poo’d on the floor? :grin:

1 Like

Lol. I guess so but I am confident they will nail the toilet eventually. :wink:

My Dear one understands my need for my ‘Relaxing Hobby’. Long ago in a Universe Far Away in the time of FS 9 my Girls were often asked by ‘She who will be Obeyed’ where Dad was. They, (6 and 7 ) would reply, " He’s on the ‘Stimulator’ !

they are right. the merriam-webster defines this noun as follows:

an electronic nerve stimulator

Yes !!! People are quite nervous at moment !

for the better or the worse, i guess, hahaha.

After this last patch I think I’m done. I spend more time cursing then anything else lately. And even without a patch it got worse. All of a sudden I was getting live weather, great! Nope, now plane is acting uncontrollably with AP on.

Going back to FSX and DCS for a bit. Been meaning to work on Air to ground systems with the F-18 anyway. I used to call this game the TBM simulator since it was the only decent plane that worked and I can’t even say that now. I’ll be back when they get things sorted out; weather, CTD, Garmin, and the turbojet/jet planes working. I’m sure they will, but it’ll be some time…

Have you got a Dog ?

Have you considered the thought of what if that doesnt happen… like some other games in flight sim. That’s what scares people. They like this game and want it to succeed, but you also have to be heard to have the issues fixed.

it will happen. you’re the one who is actually scaring people, haha.

*) it’s microsoft and they got the bucks to keep this going forever
*) it’s simple economics: the investment has been done and was expensive so far, so revenue is expected to become generated (for investors)
*) bad press is bad is bad press (- investors don’t like bad press)

it’ll get there.