I want my Sim back please!

This is my personal opinion on the whole mess!

Asobo … I’ve been a Simmer since the 80s. I like it (and so far more with every newer version) to simply fly through the area with airplanes that actually exist and look at the landscape, which should look as realistic as possible for me. I am aware that you have to make sacrifices in the form of high-end PCs and overpriced graphics cards.

I was happy when Microsoft decided to get back into flight simulation because I thought, based on past versions and the progress of technology, this sim has to be a milestone in the sky. So far, the Sim had met all my expectations … until the XBox was released.

Why do i think so?
Now since the SU5, the previously wonderful graphics have been screwed down so far to be compatible with the XBox that I doubt that you really wanted to make a continuation of the FS series.
For me, the “Sim” is slowly being degraded to an XBox game. You create velocopters like in future shooters, you create air races that fit the gamer scheme exactly (even if there was one in FS and I never used it and found it uninteresting).
I was hoping for a little more, especially since the actual Microsoft flight simulator also has its own story - it has never been a game before, but has always been close to its line as a simulator and it should stay that way!

64 Likes

Nobody said you had to read it :joy:

26 Likes

Now calm down again, it’s just my opinion!

And if nobody answers it will be closed in a month anyway!

18 Likes

Don’t go there. Please.

The term you are looking for is not ‘degraded’, it’s made more accessible.
The addition of more activities is excellent and the Xbox handles them well.
I think this trend will continue, as it should. :blush:

(and the expansion in audience will doubtless fund high-end features for ‘top-end’ simmers)

6 Likes

It’s clearly not just YOUR opinion, it’s an opinion which is being actively posted in multiple threads. Why you felt you saying it is worthy of its own thread, I have no idea.

15 Likes

I agree with OP. He even says it’s his own opinion. No need to beat him up for stating his opinion! You should have just not read the thread if it bothers you so much (and it makes you an idiot for actually responding). It’s clear what the thread is about given the subject.

29 Likes

So if it’s his opinion, he should leave and play XP11, and just leave the wider MSFS community alone.

3 Likes

I think it’s important to remember that if the engine was able to render in higher quality prior to the XBOX launch, it should be more than capable to do it again in the future.

I believe I remember from a recent Dev Q&A video that Asobo stated their intentions to add graphic levels beyond ultra. As ultra is, at best, a relative term, then I assume this will mean a return to or improvement beyond previous levels.

As for the ‘simulation’, I believe some areas leave a lot of room for improvement but, so far anyway, Asobo have also verbally committed to advancing these in future. Between that and the efforts of third-party developers, the future might still be bright enough.

3 Likes

Oh really? Why is that?

7 Likes

As was I but … games bring big money. Sim’s bring public acclaim. I guess we know here this is going.

2 Likes

Yeah but he is right, just how the hell do you end up with only one Light Baton for the poor ground crew, bet that was quite difficult to achieve with just an update but Asobo pull it off… incredible!
Its been a quiet day today only found 3 new problems.

8 Likes

Even if you delete the OP at the end of your comment, it still remains an insult to me.
You should think about it and keep your comments to yourself if they are not factual about the topic :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

4 Likes

Yes. Threads until someone actually effects some kind of change on this platform.

accessible and degraded are often the same thing

4 Likes

I’m not sure whether the abusive replies for someone’s post in a public forum, a forum designed for that very reason, is funny or concerning.

Everyone has a right to post whatever they like and people are free to reply, but what is it with people replying with stock replies of " Go and play x plane 11 " or " Yawn boring " all the time.

If you don’t like a post and have nothing to say, then don’t say anything. It really is simple.
I get some people are MSFS fan boys and or do beta testing for them, and so feel the need to defend them all the time, but do it constructively or wind your necks in. No need for the abuse or aggressive replies.

Sometimes this forum is like a kids playground, with so called " Adults " replying like the proverbally bullied ginger kid next to the playground slide.

• standing by the MSFS fsm boys to reply in 3…2…1
19 Likes

It’s their way to get topics closed. Just ignore them.

5 Likes

I don’t know. I guess they had to use the same software for both platforms but I would have rather seen a xbox version for just xbox and leave the pc version as is

5 Likes

I agree with you.
Before SU5 I had a eye watering experience every time I fired up the Sim. Don’t get me wrong, I still think that FS2020 is the best sim currently out there but in my opinion it was even better before.
Since SU5 the graphics are more cartoonish which makes the gameplay feel dumbed down.
I think the main issues currently is the missing visual fidelity we had before. AA, Lighting, Shadow Casting etc, etc. I think the devs will have to introduce a line between the XBox and the PC version of the sim. Compatibilty across both platforms may sound good on paper, but you cant expect someone with a 3080ti and a 8 core/16 threads processor to be satisfied with the same quality as a 400$ XBox.

I think sooner or later MSobo will realize that themselves and we will get a optimized performance on both platforms. I sure hope it doesn’t take too long :wink:

10 Likes

Completely agree I completely stopped playing the game since the downgrade …

7 Likes