I want my Sim back please!

I agree let’s wait and see.

Just having fun in a more advanced flight simulator. Not my own.

2 Likes

Totally agree and considering my new thread just got closed instantly i will post it here:

After a year the sim is worse, premium planes like 787 still dont work properly and the many problems of SU5 and the xbox release have left wondering why i spent so much on the sim including some airport add ons and the CRJ.

Thankfully i still have p3d to use.

Since release busy scenery in cities dont render fast enough or at all like they did on release. So flying into london or new york you get buildings that look like crumbling wrecks. I have tried cache/no cache/large cache, makes no difference. I have a 80mb download speed.

That annoying white button for the menu at the top is always there now and cant be removed at all.

Dont tell me the xbox is as good as pcs. Its a much smaller gpu compared to full pc ones. They have reduced visuals, draw distance, clouds and overall rendering quality down.
The culling technique designed for xbox means perfectly good pcs can only load in so much into RAm and things constantly pop in and out still.
Yes fps is higher but it doesnt make it smoother.
Xbox is a closed os with a very specific design not like pcs. Yes architecture is the same but it doesnt mean the hardware works in the same way.

Input of all my controllers including airbus stick, honeycomb and pedals is delayed or doesnt react at all since SU5. Ridiculous for a flight simulator.

I will leave the sim for quite some time and return when things are better. Just wish now id kept using p3d only and waited a few years for this sim to develop and mature and see where it went.
If i had known they would release the same game build to xbox as pc i would have had second thoughts.

2 Likes

I beg to differ. The 787 works perfectly, the best performing aicraft in the simulator now. Many of buttons are INOP but the aircraft systems are realistically simulated for a default aircraft (for example, hydraulics will not turn on until one engine is running at least).

Pretty sure you can hide that white arrow thing.

At least an Xbox runs the game and let’s you fly, with great performance and looks visually stunning. Whereas, PC simmers will spend more time adjusting config files than doing actual flying. You don’t need anything else other than great graphics and 4K @ 30 FPS

Now that is a thing of beauty.

1 Like

We could on pc before the update. No us pc users just wanted 30fps and the best looking sim you could get according to your hardware. Im all for console players getting in on these sims but pc should have its own build and settings.

Ive looked through all the options and havent found anyone that will turn the white thing off. If anyone knows then let me know.

Last i tried 787 taxiing is still all over but that could also input control issues and it was behaving very oddly in the air with no reason that i could see.

1 Like

This post pits Xbox users against PC users and does not follow the spirit of our community. In our Standard Operating Procedures, we state, “One World, One Community - Not matter how you play – regardless of console, experience level, or reason – we are one community of aviation lovers.” If you have specific bugs/issues to address, please search for your issue and vote/reply in that thread. If it does not exist, create a new thread. Thank you.

Please note the Sim Update 5 release contained bugs that inadvertently downgraded visual quality. We have released a statement about how we are fixing it here.