IF you are using a 1080p or a 1440p monitor, USE DLDSR with DLSS instead of native+TAA or Native+DLSS

The ghosting/blurring of the glass cockpit displays is just a side effect of using DLSS.

The devs mentioned it in a recent twitch stream that they were looking into the possibilty of some sort of mask that doesn’t use DLSS for the displays. Until (or if) they get that sorted then the only real option is to go back to TAA for AA but then you lose the potential performance gains from DLSS.

The only plane I fly regularly with a glass cockpit display is the SWS Kodiak 100, whilst it is a bit blurry with DLSS and the ribbons show a bit of ghosting, I don’t find it unreadable so for me the performance gains outweigh the quality loss.

Thanks for the fast reply.

Okay, I understand the deal: better performance for a “worse” glass cockpit.
Also, I understand what DLSS is doing, I am not a newbie to this technic. But what is new for me, are the global settings.
For what reason should I turn them on exactly (the Nvidia global settings)? Hope my question is understandable.

1 Like

i have dx12, studio drivers, dldsr 2,5, 50 percent and increased resolution like in the pic above

how did it go for you?

Thanks for the suggestion.

I tried this to see if I could squeeze a bit more out of my 2060S but didn’t see much difference.

I have three 1920 x 1200 monitors and struggle with frame rates when running MSFS multi monitor mode. Probably not surprising really given the card I have. DLSS helps a bit but not enough to justify the loss of quality that comes with it.

I get an acceptable 30 fps with NVidia Surround in TAA so will stick with that until the sim improves or I get a better system.

Incidentally I found that the DLDSR option is not available when you are in Surround mode.

Also running a 2070Super @ 1440p and experienced similar.

The blurriness and ghosting in the cockpit gauges doesn’t bother me as much as others, likely since i mostly fly heli’s and GA aircraft. So I’m dealing with the blurry cockpit gauges, for now, in return for the superior performance of the sim after the update with DLSS and DX12.

Set this up yesterday on my 1440p 3440x1440 ultra wide monitor wasn’t sure which was best to use 1.78 or 2.25 couldn’t really notice a difference between the 2 but seemed to be a better image than stock was hard to tell other than seeing the higher resolution option available in settings with it on, very slight hit to FPS which is expected still averaging over 60 so it’s fine and certainly less of a hit than going from LOD 350 up to 400.

Anyone with a 1440p tried both? Also wondering why you can select both 1.78 and 2.25 options at the same time? :thinking:

What resolution setting is best on msfs options?

New Nvidia driver is available. Testing DLSS with the new driver, more infos soon :slight_smile:

Edit1:
So, I just changed to DLSS in the MSFS Settings and did NOT change the settings in Nvidia controlpanel.
It’s definitly not as blurry, as it was before. But still, a lil’ bit. It’s acceptable, because it’s running so smooth!

Game Ready Driver. :slight_smile:
v517.48 - updating now!

So do you have standard/default settings in the Nvidia CP?

Default settings in Nvidia CP, correct.
Made a test flight from FRA to LHR. Terrible performance in LHR, not sure why. Before SU10, it was decent (with iniScene LHR and Fenix). Gotta test DX12 and DLSS today.

Edit1:
DX12 and DLSS Quality is the combo to go for me. Yes, glass cockpit is a bit blurry… but I can read everything and most important: It’s running smooth! Main reason for me to keep running those settings.

Gone back to studio driver due to issues with performance and CTDs last night with new driver :-1::-1::-1:

I’m unable to select a screen resolution any higher than my monitor’s native (1080p). I see a lot of people able to select higher ones. Any idea?

Once DSR is enabled 1.78.or 2.25 the option became available to me within msfs settings, it may be monitor dependant but not sure on that.

1 Like

Right-click on your desktop and select display settings.
Under “rearrange your displays” select the monitor you wish to be your main display (1 or 2).

Check the box “make this my main display” (under multiple displays).

Under multiple displays click the “multiple displays” drop-down menu and choose show only on 1 or 2.
Save changes and reatart PC.

Wait, but wouldn’t that mean I can’t use my second monitor?

Yep :frowning: … for testing purpose choose “extend these displays”.

I’ve never touched ms settings just Nvidia control panel for DSR then msfs resolution settings afterwards

Hi there,

Looking for advice on what settings will give me best FPS and sharpest screens on my 1080 monitor with RTX 2070 card.

Available MSFS resolutions and DSR options are shown in the screenshots. TIA!

Mmmm, I may have some good news for you: your monitor can exceed 1920x1080…