Im done with this sim on XBOX

Imagine playing on Xbox and not having acces to great aircraft such as the Fenix.

I’d miss the milviz porter. That plane is beautiful.

I joined the forums for this exact reason, it has been too long since i have had a proper stable flight. I get frustrated every single day because the only planes I can fly are the GA planes. I just want to have fun and play the ■■■■ sim but I can’t.

Just lost all default and assigned control settings on my Thrustmaster after update. Total BS. Xbox X games should/are better than that!

2 Likes

Uninstall and reinstall the game.
All controls will come back as was before.
XBOX Series X

1 Like

Thankfully, I did not and have never lost my thrustmaster settings.
But what are you saying here, to get the settings back, one has to uninstall and completely re-install the game ? 130 - 160 GB of data ?? Really ??

I did that, and it worked for my gamepad controls, but it’s still not recognizing my keyboard for in-game controls, even though it works in the search bar.

It was a full uninstall and reinstall.
I did it after work yesterday and it didn’t take more than 2 hours.
I am not sure if some data was retained, but it wasn’t that bad.
That was on an internet connection of 250MG.

Some posts removed. Please stay on-topic without directing posts to users or group of users.
Thank you.

I’m with you John that’s just how I enjoy it at times too. Few beers and from a comfortable sofa on a huge screen.

If it wasn’t for the black avionics screens then I’d be doing the jet liners that way. Lol

1 Like

To all xbox Controller users. I wonder if someone had try to tweak the settings on the Xbox Controller. The issue i have is to controll the rudder with default bindings, RT and LT buttons.
Has someone put the rudder axis on the right Analogstick on the Controller. If so plz tell how is the difference, i can imagine it is much better special during crosswind landings/takeoff.

I will try also this configuration If i have time and report here

Yeah… Imagine that…

I’m using the stock aircraft on Xbox along with the fulcrum and falcon… Loving every bit :grin::rofl:

Thats a fairly condescending post there :frowning:

I’ve been on X-Box for 10 months 99% of my time is flight sim, I hardly ever use external view and have studied to learn hhow to navigate and to some extent fly properly. I’m only just now looking at moving to PC simply because i have reached the limits of what XBox can give me in terms of what I want from it.

16 Likes

This condescending metaphor is funny, because like real-world tourist towns, your PC experience wouldn’t even be happening without those Xbox users.

6 Likes

Please stay on-topic without directing posts to others. A reminder of the Code of Conduct and its SOP:

• The Skies are Open for All - Everyone is welcome to Microsoft Flight Simulator regardless of age, gender, race, sexuality, or creed.
  • One World, One Community - No matter how you play – regardless of console, experience level, or reason – we are one community of aviation lovers.
  • Follow Your Checklist - Adhere to the set of rules from each community space. Skipping a checklist item can ground a flight quickly.
  • A Pilot is a Pilot - Welcome new pilots to the community with respect, and seek to have positive experiences with your fellow pilots.
  • Your Cabin Crew is there for your safety - Respect all moderators as they are there to ensure everyone has a safe journey. Anyone who does not follow the Standard Operating Procedures will be asked to disembark the flight.
3 Likes

:roll_eyes:

As I said earlier in the thread…

As far as the “Xbox doesn’t work” complaint, everything seems to be just as good with SU10 as before, I’ve also taken to flying tubeliners now and haven’t had any issues with black screens or CTDs, so fingers crossed that those experiencing issues earlier in the thread are finding the sim more stable then ever before.

2 Likes

Don’t worry about that person, I put them on ignore a long time ago. Now I don’t see their posts unless someone quotes it.

They’re talking nonsense, everyone knows it.

1 Like

I don’t understand why I suddenly have CTD in the menu after the official SU10 update on the Xbox SX. What is going so extremely wrong in the background?

Imagine being so obtuse that you still believe in 2022 that an Xbox Series X (or S) is somehow still in the same standard as an Atari, Sega Genesis or Playstation 1.

Here’s a newsflash for you. MSFS on my Xbox Series X in 4k puts up better visuals and performance compared to anything I try on my gaming PC. So lets see here, spend $3,000 + on a gaming PC, or spend $500 and get 95% of the experience on an Xbox. For those not already invested in a gaming PC or in need of study level aircraft or addons like navigraph, it’s not a hard decision to go with an Xbox. It’s the same exact experience otherwise.

Anyone who claims that MSFS on Xbox is nothing but arcade gaming and those who choose to use the Xbox platform to flight sim are nothing but casual “tourists” are showing their ignorance.

As it’s already been said, if MSFS wasn’t planned to be on Xbox, it would never have been developed. Period.

22 Likes

This right here!

Almost shocking that this is available to try for free on gamepass and so well optimised.

Thanks Asobo :+1::grin:

2 Likes