IMPORTANT: Graphic settings do not match the actual settings!

Why would that be a “blooper”? Maybe that was just self-knowledge and a consequential action…

:wink:

I changed the UserCfg.opt

Film grain=0
Color grading=0

Graphics:
Terrain LoD factor 5.000000
Object LoD factor 5.000000

And then I got this:

So confused … changes LOD’s then shows picture with no terrain and no objects?

6 Likes

Yea scratching my head here too. Anyway I modified my user.cfg file and I’m not even sure if the settings are sticking. Set to read only then went into VR and nothing was close to what I set it to. Not sure if this issue is related but it seems like modifying the user.cfg has no effect on VR. I was able to change the setting via the menu while in VR and that made changes. Didn’t think that could happen if you’ve set your user.cfg to read-only.

Now it gets strange!
If you start in EGNX without setting the settings to Ultra again, take a lap and land,

all the buildings at the airport are gone!

I now think that it is not due to the settings for the graphics! As already described, it works at some airports and not at others! It may be a LOD problem the object is not loaded fast enough, partially or not at all!

There was an update for EVE Online years ago that deleted an essential boot file for windows XP.

1 Like

Missing airport buildings seems to be a WU3 (UK) problem. Since removing WU3 I’ve not come across any missing airport buildings.

1 Like

Because this affects the clouds too. But if you insist on terrain pic, here we go

I’ve reproduced this bug at KNUC and KSNA.

1 Like

VR has it’s own settinmgs. Did you try those?

Yes I changed the settings in the VR section of the user.cfg

Object and terrain LODs affect clouds? Or the ultra > low > ultra thing? Cause object and terrain LODs should most definitely not be affecting clouds.

Clouds are objects. I mean I see the before and after when I changed the values. Thsi was not my idea, this hack was published by many others and it worked pretty well for me (see my pictures above)

Can you share screenshots so I can see if I get the same please? Also does it persist beyond the airport?

Does it affect VR as well?

I’ve seen that the VR Texture Resolution, when set on Ultra, shows 1 in the cfg file. When set to Low, it shows 3 in the cfg.

I’m like super confused here :crazy_face: For me 3 = Ultra. So to get Ultra we need to set it to Low?

Well…this would certainly explain the lack of consistent performance (great this morning, bad in the afternoon). Unbelievable.

Thanks for bringing this up! Is that happening in both! Xbox and PC?

I’m confused because by the inverted logic, ULTRA = 0, not 1. (U:0, H:1, M:2, L:3)

Just to chime in on the topic, I don’t seem to have this issue, I did do a Low/Ultra change once after last Hotfix (and do so after any updates) but not since and my settings seem to have stuck on ultra as expected.

I really think they need a crash team on the user interface and help out that poor lonely soul that’s been messing it up for a year.

Seriously… it’s already riddled with bugs… now this? Am I supposed to do that routine once and then it’s saved? Or every flight??