Improve AI Traffic at Airports and in The Air

Sad that they haven’t said much about this in the last Q&A, simply saying they are working on it and with AIG. :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

This thread was opened up a year ago and still MicroAsbo have done nothing in this regard. Not even a move in the right direction. I believe Aerosoft was going to take on AI traffic generation until they saw what Sim or World 5 update did to this simulator. Apparently they were so horrified that they dropped the project.

You would think companies would fall over hills to join this juggernaut but quite the opposite. Man there is something really decaying in the current management is all I can see.

I just pray and I hate wasting prayers on this company but that someone their has innovation and takes the helm from the currents.

1 Like

Is AI traffic still the same after all these months?

This is really sad.

2 Likes

As Asobo said in yesterdays Q&A there is no actual plan on improving the classic (offline) ai traffic right now but on improving live traffic when it comes to models, amount and liveries.

They already have a bunch of meshes (3D aircraft models) and liveries prepared but still are collecting licenses from manufacturers and airlines because Microsoft has to have these.

Another issue currently is balancing when it comes to framerates at large airports and data provided by FlightAware as many flights are missing which is being investigated.

Jörg Neumann also kinda said that the traffic topic was a bit on the backburner now due to other stuff but they hope to catch up as soon as SU7, Reno and GOTY Edition are released if I recall correctly from what I remember :stuck_out_tongue:

fixes to the AI logic of the online AI should have direct impact on the offline AI as well, since both use the same “baseline” within the Sim (at least from what I know).

4 Likes

I don’t agree with Simulator of the Year mumbo jumbo when u have inconsistent AI traffic in the sky, few landing, none taking off. I am talking LAX, DFW, etc where the experience is a killer. If u can’t do it MSBO at least allow other development to without them worrying about vodoo programming at every update that would render their product useless.

2 Likes

Just saw this today. Keeping :crossed_fingers:and hoping that future updates don’t crash Aerosoft plans with AI Traffic. See link below. U can apply for beta testing as well.

1 Like

With AIG’s release, a lot of the points raised here re: AI and AFCAD files are even more germane. I hope Asobo starts tackling this.

4 Likes

Please tag your post with #pc and/or #xbox.
Pc
Are you on Steam or Microsoft Store version?
Steam
Are you using Developer Mode or made changes in it?
No
Brief description of the issue:
AI Traffic reduces their speeds to 10 when they touchdown and causes too many go arounds.
Provide Screenshot(s)/video(s) of the issue encountered:

Detail steps to reproduce the issue encountered:

PC specs and/or peripheral set up of relevant:

Build Version # when you first started experiencing this issue:
Since the beginning

So as the title says, can we please make the AI Traffic vacate the runway much faster? I have opened a lot of topics but I don’t think this is an issue in the backlog. I’d be so appreciated if this was heard.

Thank you so much.

Yes please, this would be an big improvement and most likely simple to implement.
It was the same problem in fsx but at least there where tools for it.

2 Likes

Exactly and I don’t think it’s difficult to implement either.

It’s little details like this that tell me the people programming this sim don’t really play the sim much at all. I suppose that’s one of those occupational hazzards, kinda like a auto tech drives a neglected vehicle at home.

2 Likes

Can we get more attention to this topic :frowning:

2 Likes

absolutely agree… doing a go-around from time to time is exciting and fun, but this bug makes landing at busy airports like atlanta almost impossible, since traffic just won’t leave the runway…
AND: hearing “ABC 123 please leave runway when possible” and “ABC 123 please turn next taxiway” about a million times during approach gets old quite quickly :sweat_smile:

it often makes me resort to drastic and unrealistic measures: I sometimes just pause the game at about 1000ft and wait for the traffic to leave the runway… not as immersive as I’d like it to be :no_mouth:

1 Like

I just hate when they reduce their speed to 5 knots after they perform the landing.

4 Likes

It also helps to just jump into your settings for a sec, select AI Traffic off, hit apply, and then re-engage. The traffic on the runway will be gone but the traffic at the airport will reset like it would when loading on startup. Saves you some time.

This should be fixed soon. It is very annoying, and I have been told to go around many times because of it. It is very hard to know how much space to give before landing since the traffic takes WAY too long to clear the runway!

I love playing the game with AIG AI Traffic. I reduced the density of the traffic because of this. Even that does not guarantee that I’m not gonna go around. Plus the taxi speed? What is that? It takes a century for them to align the rumway.

Any way this could be done with some 3rd party add-on/mod instead on an official update?

I count myself as one of the

as I only fly GA planes and mostly VFR flights, however, I would love to see improvements to the AI/Live Traffic and Multiplayer side of things when it comes to model- & liverymatching, behavior etc. pp. and it bugs me, that it seems thatt no progress has been made on that front for so long.

And even though I understand a lot of the stuff is much more for people flying airliners from major hub to major hub, I would highly appreciate long overdue improvements to this - also for GA planes and Helos, since airliners are not the only stuff that is flying around.

I’ve now heard a lot people mentioning AIG and I hope that those people can deliver some of the requested features and make improvements through whatever their plan is and that it is simple to install in the end.

4 Likes