Improve AI Traffic at Airports and in The Air

I’m mostly flying vfr, 95% of the time, but that doesn’t mean I’m not interested in live traffic. The world as it is right now is almost ‘dead’. Like I’m the last man on earth. I flew vfr all the way from Holland to Australia, with a few sections on the FBW. And all that time I may have seen about 5 aircraft. Crossing half the world via some of the busiest airports, only 5 aircraft. It’s a joke.

5 Likes

Now that I am using AI traffic with the excellent Simple Traffic add on, I get low flying AI at every airport, sometimes doubled up! It would be so great to see this fixed one day soon Asobo!

1 Like

What makes you think that is a duplication of one flight rather than just two EasyJet flights that happen to be at the same airport? I have never seen the sim double up a flight unless I had AIG and the workaround mod or two different AI apps working at the same time such as the sims live traffic and say Enhanced Live Traffic.

I meant doubled up as in two planes at the same time… didn’t mention duplication… I’m happy with the AI aircraft doing their thing at airports, I just want them to take off and disappear after a minute, not circle back to and fly low over the airport… they’re scaring the children…

Well with all due respect its not very clear from your post what you mean when you say “I get low flying AI at every airport, sometimes doubled up” Exclamation mark, then ring two aircraft. You didn’t say duplication but to me its implied by what you posted and how you ringed these planes in your image.

Asobo are going to improve the AI but it will take time. Meanwhile I think AIG have a workaround for the flying aircraft. Simple traffic just follows the sims AI system hence the low flying problem.

I agree.

bugs:

to my oppinion the ai traffic needs a lot of fixing. because of

• the traffic go around a lot
  • flys in a low altitude over the airport and cross the airport
  • spins in the air verticaly
  • missing liveries and model matching.
  • taxis very slowly
  • dosent flare smoothly
  • dosent land at the toutch down zone
  • the lights of the live traffic far away from the airplane
  • to bright and big nav lights, invisible pushback truck, no landing gear visible
  • etc.

wishes:

• Model matching
  • right liveries
  • real world outside sounds for each aircraft type.
  • flareing at toutchdown
  • landing in the toutchdown zone.
  • real world company routes.
10 Likes

While taxiing I noticed that some grounded AI aircraft disappear. For example parked aircraft disappear from time to time. Is it a bug?

please fix this, its been over 2 years

1 Like

This needs to be looked at

its about time. we got a 2nd big player with FSLTL now but its also limited due to the broken AI system.

It’s time to improve AI traffic system… starting from the very slowly taxiing that cause the continuos traffic go-around.

Be great if it just forced position and state updates from a live feed rather than using logic (leave that to a layer for ATC processing), and had algorithms to benefit from a delay to smooth aircraft orientation/state. That way you could include all that traffic without a flightplan/dep/arr with reasonable effect.

And how accurate/reliable do you think a live feed is when a plane is on the ground? On the major airports: sure. On smaller airports?

Hi

In the absence of a smarter AI for AI craft - maybe they can taxi off the runway a little quicker and maybe make turns soon - even if its SLIGHTY over speed. Too many times to they stop by the turn, then carry on all the way to the end of the runway. I realise this maybe unrealistic.

It might help clear traffic and avoid way to many go arounds specially in FSTL.

Just a thought.

Mark

(this post was merged in so apologies if its a repeat request of other ideas)

Almost a year since the OP’s original post!
…and still nothing. :angry:

4 Likes

hopefully in SUR 11 all the AI ​​traffic on/offline for the new FSLTL plugin and the ATC of default airports and third party airports will receive a good update

I agree - AI traffic really needs an update, it’s sadly lacking and doesn’t do the rest of the sim justice … it’s worse than FSX was back in 2006. At least back then we didn’t have spinning AI and we had the ability to modify some AI behaviour like taxi speed.

Given Asobo know this I’m curious why they haven’t really leveraged off the community like they did with Working Title and used some of the enormous skill and knowledge that exists amongst some of the AI Traffic community and at least brought some of those groups onboard.

It’s in desperate need of an update Asobo - please please please give it some REAL love….

3 Likes

What would be top 3 most important ai traffic features that has to be fixed? If we assume Asobo cant fix all of them but maeby the most important ones.

For me it would be

1. better runway exit speed, so aircraft would be able to exit runway with 40kts when the turn isnt 90 degrees. Also aircraft would take first exit that is possible in theory. After that fix, there would not be fly overs in real time online.

2. better ground speeds when taxiing. So slow atm.

3. departed aircraft should take off even that runway is locked for arrival that is still far away. There should be some nm that triggers “no go zone”. Now it could be miles miles away because runway is locked. Planes are piling up end of the runway because arriving aircraft is touch downing in something like 4 minutes. There could 2-3 airplanes departing in that time in real life.

I am still using real time online with FSLTL and AIG, it gives me best result on immersion, even that there still is flyovers in busy airports in peak time. But flights are using correct runways as in IRL.

6 Likes

Totally agree with your points. I would add another one to. For me the most annoying thing is that AI Airplanes are spinning around when waiting for Takeoff Clearance

2 Likes

You’ve listed all the points that I’d also want them to be fixed. At least we can start from those and can expect for further improvements. I guess an improvement is scheduled for SU11, let’s see what it brings. But this should definitely be mentioned after 2 years release time.

1 Like