Improve AI Traffic at Airports and in The Air

One of the problems is that Asobo is using the wrong feeder. And with the feeder they use, you will never get helicopter traffic or in fact any realistic AI. Not all aircraft are captured.

If they would partner with Flightradar24, the community there is one, if not the best place to get accurate flight data.

4 Likes

Now it’s April '23, SU12 is released, and AI Traffic is (for me, with FSLTL) the worst i’ve seen in 8 months. Long landings, clusters of aircraft trying to land at the same time and much worse performance than before. Every view-panning can cause disaster. Lower settings hardly make a difference. I only use ‘Historic Parked’ now. Major regression for me.

11 Likes

Agree. AI traffic is far to be realistic. Its unbelievable that AI traffic in FSX is much muuuch muuuuuuch better than in MSFS :man_facepalming:t5:

13 Likes

I second this, I have experienced all of the same. Along with .bgl based traffic no longer working since SU11 or SU12. So for now, I most custom AI traffic that was working for 2 years no longer will lol.

Regression is a good word for this, WHY would a major part of the sim be getting worse and not better? Not everyone wants live traffic all the time, there are thousands and thousands of flightplan files on Avsim that did work with the sim that no longer do, and the AI is behaving worse than when I bought the game. This is so bizarre.

3 Likes

The only hope we get is from the FSLTL crew. They’ve already fixed the long landings, and i’m sure they’ll fix other issues. But then SU 13 will arrive, and the whole sequence starts again. Currently AI Traffic doesn’t even respect wind direction. Yeah, it’s bizarre after 2,5 years.

9 Likes

Is Asobo planning to address the long landings and go arounds? In my opinion, it would be better if they could give access to third parties to make the necessary fixes.

3 Likes

Just want to add that I wish that AI get a rework about their flight model.
For example, takeoff and landing look really unrealistic.
Not talking about the fact that this plane landed at 3/4 of the runway.

4 Likes

Voted in hope this soon finally gets prioritized. What bugs me the most, other than aircraft floating along the runway, is the absence of flare upon landing and nose lift during takeoff. Nothing more immersion breaking than watching planes moving like sausages on roller skates.

4 Likes

AI traffic add-ons with real-world liveries have become increasingly popular with add-ons such as FSLTL, and airports have become filled with real-world liveries. However, because there currently exists no native tool to assign parking codes, you will often see airlines’ aircraft strewn randomly about the airport, including being parked at terminals and gates those airlines do not park at in real life.

There are ways to get around this - such as editing the airport’s XML files but it is not commonly done from what I have seen.

My proposal is to implement a tool in the scenery editor with the ability to assign parking codes to gates to allow proper airline assignments. This should hopefully encourage developers to include parking codes more often and make airports filled with real-world traffic much more immersive and true to life.

5 Likes

:wave: Thank you for using the Bug section, using templates provided will greatly help the team reproducing the issue and ease the process of fixing it.

Are you using Developer Mode or made changes in it?

NO

Have you disabled/removed all your mods and addons?

NO, N/A

Brief description of the issue:

I often see airliners at General Aviation/Small Airports. PC version if it matters.

Provide Screenshot(s)/video(s) of the issue encountered:

Here is KTEX Telluride. No way an Airbus can land there.

Detailed steps to reproduce the issue encountered:

I have Aircraft Traffit Type set to “Real-Time online”, and Traffc Variety set to “ULTRA”, if relevant.

PC specs and/or peripheral set up if relevant:

N/A

Build Version # when you first started experiencing this issue:

Ongoing

:loudspeaker: For anyone who wants to contribute on this issue, Click on the button below to use this template:

Do you have the same issue if you follow the OP’s steps to reproduce it?

Provide extra information to complete the original description of the issue:

If relevant, provide additional screenshots/video:

Don’t forget Denver Air Connection flys DO328 jetliners from Denver to Telluride Colorado so it’s some what accurate having a jet there but unfortunately it’s the wrong model

Doesn’t mention whether you’re on Xbox, therefore I’d recommend looking at FSLTL or AIG.

Added PC tag. Unknown if this happens on XBOX.

could it be someone else with mismatching model ?

You might get a CRJ in there, but definitely nothing bigger. Zero ramp space for anything larger.

1 Like

Happens at more places and also happens on Xbox

This why we need some small default regional airliners so that the model matching is better

Mate if you can figure out a way to add parking codes to 3rd party airports I’ll pay for it!

To be honest, given the scenery editor that exists within MSFS you’d have thought Asobo would have gotten around to adding the ability to add parking code data there…

1 Like

Hopefully on July 25, when the WU is launched, the Scenery Gateway System (World Hub) tool will arrive. According to this tool, it will be very helpful for MSFS 2020 and for MSFS 2024

There are 3rd party addons to fix this. Can we please put upvotes of fixes 3rd party developers can’t fix like a functional windshield wiper?