[In Development] Just Flight - Black Square - Velocity XL

Overall I like the plane, seems like what I’d expect from a plane like that. Also those front wings are cool in a sense that they will stall before the back wings, which is good for avoiding a full on stall. I’ve been hoping someone would make a Beechcraft Starship but I guess this is the next best thing.

2 Likes

Also the A/C panel seems not be working.

Just bought it tonight, same for me, AC controls don’t work. Seems simple enough to simulate as it doesn’t really impact anything. I’m loving it so far, almost has a FBW feeling to it. Love the speed and sleekness!

1 Like

This thing have a 400hp engine, its fast.

2 Likes

There’s already a thread about this here

It’s been out for a week or so already :wink:

Flight from LOWZ to LOWI. I realy like this plane.

2 Likes

My bad, and my humble apology, I read it way different. Absolutely terribly read on my behalf.

Sorry. I thought you were saying that to me, and I just found it so odd. But you have clarified and I apologise.

3 Likes

I guess you got tagged when I linked your thread? I can see why you might’ve got the wrong impression with that. Absolutely no offence was intended and thankyou a lot for your apology. Not everyone’s a big enough person to do that and I really appreciate it.

3 Likes

Randomly stumbling in here to say cheers guys for being civil! How does everyone feel about the Velocity XL? It’s getting hard for me to justify buying more single prop glass cockpit aircraft, but I love the Long-EZ and as a result, I love the look of this one. Does she fly well? Edit: Just watched HeapstheBrave’s video… looks pretty awesome. This thing is wicked fast. My only worry is whether the engine sounds match well enough. I’m not sure which stock Asobo sounds they’re using, DA40 maybe? This thing has a pretty beefed up 440HP engine vs the 168-180HP engines something like the DA40 uses.

Sounds are from Extra 300.

1 Like

Since they updated it, I find it very nice. I bought the 414A this weekend, and I have to say that is just another level. But the Velocity XL is really good now

1 Like

From the JF store page:

Based on the default MSFS Extra 330, the Velocity XL’s sound set includes added sounds and custom code to create a fully featured soundscape inside and out to give the feel of the real aircraft’s power and construction.

The Extra 300L has a Lycoming AEIO-540. The stats on the wiki page say the XL has a Continental IO-550 running from 310-340 hp, but further up in the article under the development section it says the plane is designed to fit a number of engines, including a Lycoming IO-540. All the engines mentioned are in the lower 300s range though so the one in the Black Square’s version must be a bit souped up. It is a kit plane so I imagine all sorts of things have been fitted in it over the years.

1 Like

Indeed, at least one has even been fitted with a turboprop!

1 Like

So tempted to buy it. How well does it handle at slow speed? Is it good for slow sight seeing? What are the landing and stall speeds?

1 Like

I think that might help you.

https://downloads.justflight.com/support/manuals/VelocityManual.pdf

But i believe yes, great plane for sight seeing, but it can go pretty fast as well. Great plane, i really recommend it!

1 Like

There has to be a reference in the aircraft.cfg to a soundset… you’ll find at least a sound.cfg in a sound directory, or a link directly to the sound set in the Extra 300. You could copy the sound set from the Extra 300 to Velocity directory, reference that directory instead and modify away.

They, however, said they’ve made some adjustments, which tells me there’s at least a sound.cfg file somewhere. I’ll probably buy the plane soon myself and will take a look around then. But I’m traveling on business this week, and likely busy over the next weekend, so I’m not sure when.

I got a not authorized for link. But I went ahead and bought it. Thanks for the info!

1 Like

Did the right thing! Hope you enjoy it.

On the page where you bought it there is a link with a .pdf manual that is pretty complete with all the info. Please check it out!

Strange, even when I do it from purchase page, and I already downloaded it, it still get this error message. Maybe it doesn’t like some security I have on my PC. But the manual is included with the install.

Gonna take it out for it’s maiden flight :sunglasses:

1 Like