IndiaFoxtEcho F35 Lightning

Nah, it’s the only one that does it. If were the scenery it would happen with other maneuvers as well, not just when pulling up.

EDIT: correction, the F/A-18 does it too, but to a smuch smaller more unnoticable extent (the FPS drop only by 5 fps, not 20).

I think you nailed it … the framerate hit kicks in as soon as vortex trails form on the wing tips and the pressure vapor forms on the back of the aircraft. Of course that begs the question why these effects have such an enormous impact, even when I’m not even looking at them.

1 Like

I don’t think there’s an escape from that no matter where your view is, MSFS is gonna process them anyway to my knowledge. I think it’s up to the dev to optimize the performance for minimal impact. But also, many things could be at play here and different users experience different “impacts”…

If you check the video, the jet is still and pressing the STOVL button does nothing, it only blinks like engaging then quickly disengaging.
I am using Steam version on PC.

Have you tried from cold and dark? Maybe a glitch with the auto start.
Its worth a try for elimination.
Id also check your bindings, look for toggle stol and see if its doubled up with something else

What happens once I start MSFS with the F35 aircraft removed from the community folder, exit MSFS successfully, then add the F35 aircraft to the community folder and start MSFS again?

When I had the same symptoms before, I re-extracted and expanded the zip file and it was back to normal.

Additional information
When MSFS starts an application, it examines the structure of the virtual file system it uses and stores the add-on status in an XML file. If the version of the add-on (aircraft) is changed, malfunctions due to inconsistencies may occur.
In the past, AIG in SU10Beta and FSX airframes have caused CTDs due to caching. You can rebuild the XML file by starting and closing MSFS in a clean state with no add-ons.

If anyone else is also experiencing the framerate issue when pulling positive Gs triggers the vapour effects: I found this workaround in another thread:

Of course this gets rid of the cool vapour effects (those of other aircraft like the F/A-18 as well), but it’s a small price to pay for a smooth flying experience in the F-35, especially when you can only see the vapours from the cockpit, when you push your head through the canopy glass. :wink:

1 Like

When the F-35 first released, I was surprised at the performance. The A and B variant couldn’t pull angles of attack I thought it would, and since the update they now can. However at first release, the C variant was noticeably BETTER than the other variants in terms of performance.

The only reason I even discovered that, was I listened to a real life F-35 pilot on a podcast mention on the C variant performs “significantly” better than the A and B. This was noticeable on the first release but the past two updates of the F-35, the A variant is now significantly better in performance(and could pull off aoa the other variants could not)

Is it possible the A and C flight models were accidentally swapped? If not, can you explain how the A performs better than the C as that contradicts what a real F-35 pilot said?

1 Like

The F-35A’s control laws were unshackled to 9Gs while the C’s are limited to 7Gs

Acceleration, top speed?

pilot must be told about mid speed. there c must be better as navy fighter with less load on wing. but a is a fighter what created to be best in seria - faster, more power(acceleration/deceleration) take more angle acceleration g9… c more stable and have to be much better for bad weather carrier landing. b has more complicate engine system and with it some more limits. a is modern fighter what must be better at speed. if you found at low or mid speed c less stable than a - must be models was switched. if c has better acceleration - same. i think so:)

2 Likes

Yes, it is. There is actually a case where frame rate was recovered by removing the aerodynamic effect of Asobo.
Also, it does not occur below 140 TAS, so it is definitely an aerodynamic issue.
Removing the Asobo effect also recovers about 15 FPS. (120FPS->55FPS(pitch)->70FPS(effects removed))
This is currently happening on my fast military aircraft (Asobo F18/Su57). So this is not just an F35 problem.
Asobo seems to be aware of this problem with the F18 case, so I am waiting for a fix.

According to the IFE upgrade list, the F35A AoA should have been actively updated in the last two updates. It is probably the one with the better performance.

So forgive me if there is a better place to ask this, but I am wondering if there is a way to have the auto throttle hold a mach number instead of KTS. I don’t mind using KTS during cruise, but it would be nice to hold a specific mach number when climbing, so I don’t have to keep adjusting it as I go higher.

SO is this possible?

Thanks

As far as I know, there is no function to specify auto-throttle, in terms of Mach number.
I don’t know in the future, as the autopilot has been changed many times in the last few versions due to fly-by-wire.

Hello,

Just go the F35 from the marketplace, is there any manual or documentation for this aircraft?
I’ve read in the forums about toggle wing lights for STOVL mode and other details so I wonder where the devs put all that information for users.

Thanks for the help.

Manual in the folder and STOVL is now tied to Talkhook

Which folder if I may ask?

Never mind found it in the F35A folder, I was using the F35B and there was no docs subfolder there…
Thanks!

1 Like

Thanks. It would be a nice feature to have, but it is still a fun plane to fly.

1 Like

Has anyone been experiencing any unusual flight characteristics in the F-35 lately?