Indiafoxtecho M-346

The Hot Rod of the skies!

12 Likes

IndiaFoxtEcho have a real winner here! What a well crafted model. I love the office and the grip matches my Hornet grip which is a bonus. One small issue is I’m hearing a creaking sound like metal expanding that might be an effect that isn’t turning off. Otherwise it is marvellous. I picked up my M-346 via Orbx as that is where I purchased my MB-339.
Update: I found the issue with the creaking sound. A switch on my Honeycomb Bravo was mapped to the landing light switch. It was preventing the switch from turning off. All good now!

1 Like

Looking good. Would prefer mirrors that don’t have weathering that simulates reflective backing delamination though since it is a newer aircraft.

Looks like a worthy successor to the 339, less intimidating than the Hornet, more personality than the F-35, and more affordable than the JustFlight Hawk!

Looking good :+1:

Anyone care to comment on how it flies? Is it fairly stable or is it a very twitchy aircraft to fly?

I find it very stable indeed, rolls easily as you would expect of a aircraft of this type.
Now I only have to find the deicing switch hmmm…

2 Likes

Awesome. Thank you!

Check this video out. A real-life pro showing how it’s done.

3 Likes

It’s a beautiful plane and very easy to fly, thanks to the fly by wire system with the autotrim. Point it in a direction and it keeps going.

I have a little complain about the engine sounds though. There is some repeating irregularity that almost sounds as if the engines are malfunctioning. It’s a bit disconcerting.

4 Likes

Thank you! That is veery good to know!

The aircraft is great, a welcome addition to my hangar, but is there anyway to get rid of the refuelling hose thing? In VR it just looks odd!

Change ‘Probe’ from 5kg to 0 in fuel weight

5 Likes

what is the constant “clicking sound” while in the cockpit?

Hello everyone,
I have a Problem with the External Fueltanks: In the POH is stated you can add Fuel to External1 and 2. But I have only External1.

Make sure that your engine switches are on run and nor on idle.

1 Like

There are two external tanks placeholders in the aircraft configuration (flight_model.cfg). However only one is displayed in the weight menu in game´s toolbar for some reason. At least I noticed that yesterday but to be honest I have not used the aircraft so much yet.

I also saw that the assistance options in the toolbar were the default ones of Volocopter (and I couldn´t change them), so maybe there´s something not correct there, either in game or in the addon.

Cheers

2 Likes

For whatever reason, the tanks seem to be mislabeled. If you set total fuel to 100 % in the “weight and balance” menu, you can compare their size to the values in the manual, though.
“Left main” and “right main” are wing tanks (290 kg/616 lb each), “center 1” is the collector tank (210 kg/462 lb), “center 2” the main tank (1230 kg/2720 lb), and the two external tanks are “center 3” and “external 1” with 500 kg/1099 lb each.
If you want to load the external tanks, make sure they are actually attached by loading the payload items STA3 and STA5 with at least 350 lb, too.

1 Like

Thank you.

I have to correct myself after playing around with the external loads and fuel settings. “Center 3” is actually the central external tank. While you can show all three external tanks, you can only load the central (STA4) and left side (STA3) ones, tilting the plane slightly to the left. This is in contrast to the manual page 6, which would indicate that only both side external tanks (STA3 and STA5) can be loaded. Doesn’t matter for the total fuel, but is a bit weird with the asymmetric load.