Initial Release: Grumman Goose G21A Redux II

Wow - amazing work, thank you!

1 Like

Hahaha no.
■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■

On release yes… Maybe… If you’re nice.

It’s why we do it.

2 Likes

Took here for a spin around Hudson bay today. Not easy to get her through the clouds, you have to maneuver very carefully to stay in the air in that cold.

10 Likes

Hot darn that looks good :heart::heart::heart::duck::small_airplane:

1 Like

Gave this a quick spin around one of the great lakes today, looks great. A labor of love for sure. Super excited to see more authorized conversions of classic freeware aircraft.

1 Like

So just woundering here, do we use modern or legacy flight model? I cant see this written anywhere in the manual.

Also, what is the actual stall speed? I noticed the aircraft flies fine under the stall speed, maybe the airspeed indicator is not accurate?

NEVER use legacy flight model. It’s only there for compatibility with port over aircraft.

Just remember that we’re showing mph on that dial. But will check with the flight engineer when I get back from holidays

1 Like

my absolute favorite plane at the moment especially for ship “hunting”. here she’s crossing san francisco in liveweather/-time with classic bay area fog.

5 Likes

very very nice! cant wait to see how this keeps getting updated! salute to you sir!

6 Likes

@OzWookiee Any chance this could be open sourced at some point? We’ve seen some fantastic work with open source mods for MSFS.

1 Like

This is an outstanding plane, I have loved flying it, great release and looking forward to updates.

@OzWookiee if your updating it soon any chance of moving the default starting VR eyepoint its off a bit as too far back and a little low, if you centre VR and look left your head is just lined up above the back rest on the seat.

Cheers

1 Like

Looks like you have struck a vein JKB.
Superb renditions.
TG

2 Likes

Is there a way to get the windows to open, the wobble pump to work, the manual gear handle (and show the gear in the sight holes) to work, The tank selector switch to rotate, the crossfeed to work with animated switch, the fuel level glass tubes modeled, Window defrosters to work with effect, the door to the nose compartment to open, the front hatch to open, the master mag switch to animate and function, mixture control with the 4 setpoints, a ladder at the side entry upon opening, fixed pontoons option like they originally had, etc? Is that stuff in the realm of possible? Or is that kind of thing we continue to wait for a new payware Goose to be developed (I’m thinking something like 2009’s Aerosoft PBY Catalina)?

1 Like

What a gem Oz has created and now these liveries - though initially hard to apply to the plane. My first successful landing at an improved Avalon Bay. The creators rock!

3 Likes

Perusing post #1 might give you some insights into the scope of the project.
TG

1 Like

For this Goose? No.

For another Goose :duck: :relaxed::sunglasses: yes.

Spent a fun weekend flying this aircraft all over. One thing it might need is more differential throttle turning when on water. You need a whole lake to be able to turn this Goose 180 degrees, and it’s pretty much impossible to do on any river.
Here’s a real one doing some pretty sharp turns on water
youtube--------------------.com/watch?v=bwNI4hWAYoE&ab_channel=Goosehangar

Discussed at length throughout this thread :smiling_face::duck::small_airplane:

The window frame crossing the glass is gone on the exterior. Is that supposed to be? Looks like a more modern one from the outside this way.