Intel A770 Graphics Card (GPU) Discussion Thread

A770 LE 16 GB
AAU2, 1.33.3.0 working fine on test flight.
No problems.

Note: Only CJ4 flown.
Did not test the 747 & 787 & Garmin updates.

New driver is available. 4369 - WHQL
Works fine for me in Windows 11 and MSFS.

This is the 18th driver.

1 Like

Really cool setup! I’m thinking of switching away from my current RTX 2070 I’m curious about how well MSFS is distributing the load across the two ARCs. I think I found most of your posts about it, but not sure if I missed some so apologies if you’ve shared those details already.

Mostly I’m interested to know if most of the graphics processing is happening on just one card, or is MSFS actually able to balance the computation evenly between the two?

Also curious if you’d be able to capture the 1% low frametimes around densely populated areas.

Thanks!

New driver is available. 4382 - Beta

This is the 19th driver released.

1 Like

Intel Arc Sales

Intel Arc cards now = 4% of the market

Intel’s unit shipments were around 250,000 graphics processors

2 Likes

New driver is available. 4499 - Beta

Intel® Arc™ & Iris® Xe Graphics - BETA - Windows*?

This is the 20th driver released.

2 Likes

For me, my ivy bridge is showing the problems missing rebar. With most new releases the screen freezes, unplugging and plugging the monitor cable jumps a couple of frames. Rolling back to an older version that worked, it is not ideal but hey, just waiting for the drops in prices with the am5 boards.

Had to Google Ivy Bridge to see what you were referring to.

3rd Gen Intel Processor?

Driver specs state:

Platform (OS Support)

• 11th Gen Intel® Core™ processor family (Codename Tiger Lake, Rocket Lake, Tiger Lake-H)
  • 12th Gen Intel® Core™ processor family (Codename Alder Lake-S, Alder Lake-H, Alder Lake-P, Alder Lake-U, Alder Lake-HX, Alder Lake-N)
  • 13th Gen Intel® Core™ processor family (Codename Raptor Lake-S, Raptor Lake-HX, Raptor Lake-H, Raptor Lake-P, Raptor Lake-U)
  • Intel® Iris® Xe Dedicated Graphics family (Codename DG1)
  • Intel® Arc™ Graphics family (Codename Alchemist)

I am lucky to have a Z390 Gigabyte motherboard that had a bios update for Re-Bar (i9-9900K CPU).

But, I have to run my A770 16 GB GPU at PCIe 3.0.

Also, for you, even without Re-Bar, that is not that terrible. From what I read, around 8 to 12 % loss in performance.

You’re waiting on AM5 boards, I’m waiting on the
Intel Battlemage GPU. :slight_smile:

I7 3770k generation 3 indeed. It doesn’t run bad at all, but there is something going on with the updated drivers that my system does not like at all. I do think that it has to do with memory allocation, it cannot send the frames to the monitor or something.

1 Like

New driver is available. 4502 - WHQL

Download the .exe driver & execute it.
On the Intel driver installation screen, select “Clean Install”.

Intel® Arc™ & Iris® Xe Graphics - WHQL - Windows*?

This is the 21st driver released.

1 Like

Late to the party. My last rig. Gigabyte z390 Aorus Xtreme ran resizable bar 3090, 9900k

I had a z390 and a 3080 and the only way it would “work” on MSFS is by forcing it via nV profile inspector and it lost FPS thus I can see why Intel officially claims the 390 does not support it.

I never ran rebar in msfs with 9900k. I agree, you do have to force it with MSFS. I haven’t bothered with the profile inspector since I dumped my twin 1080ti sli

Intel does not claim that.

Intel states the ARC GPUs were compatible with:
Platform (OS Support)

• 11th Gen Intel® Core™ processor family (Codename Tiger Lake, Rocket Lake, Tiger Lake-H)
  • 12th Gen Intel® Core™ processor family (Codename Alder Lake-S, Alder Lake-H, Alder Lake-P, Alder Lake-U, Alder Lake-HX, Alder Lake-N)
  • 13th Gen Intel® Core™ processor family (Codename Raptor Lake-S, Raptor Lake-HX, Raptor Lake-H, Raptor Lake-P, Raptor Lake-U)

This is related to the fact of when Rebar was considered as available as
standard with the CPU and associated motherboards.

Intel also advised that any motherboard maker could issue Rebar support with a new BIOS if they wanted to.

As in my MB, Gigabyte, issued a new BIOS to enable ReBar on my Z390 MB for my i9-9900K CPU.

1 Like

And you have to force rbar options to enable it in MSFS it used to be foobah foobee and floof or something but they changed it.

I have no idea what you are referring to. (Intel Arc A770)

If MSFS is not using ReBar, please tell me what to do.

Thanks …

1 Like

All the resizable bar, profile inspector talk had me curious. So I did just that. Got the inspector, got rebar going in dx12. Not going back now. Too good. I’m cpu bound, so no real gain in fps. But the return was the smoothest darn flight I’ve had since pre-su5

Check your DM’s :slight_smile:

Thanks for the reply.

I didn’t try to but I don’t think running the Nvidia Profile Inspector
will help me with my Intel Arc GPU.

1 Like

It is the only way to enable resizable bar in MSFS. And I’m uncertain if Intel has a version of the INspector. There is an AMD one.

1 Like